Will Tavares be a lifetime islander?

NewYorkIsles

Jun 30, 2012
Nassau County
Do you guys honestly expect John Tavares to be an islander for his whole career especially with Charles Wang as our owner and Garth Snow as our GM? I bet you if he demands a change within this coaching staff he will be traded or would not be resigned. This team is a joke, and probably always will be until Wang sells the team.

Wow, found this from all the way back from 2013. Interesting to see what we thought way back then on the whole Tavares situation, seems that my view is somewhat correct.

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
no way he stays here. i cant see him demanding a trade, but he will be a UFA at what? 29? in his prime. he won't stay beyond that. no reason to unless things change and unless we have a new ownerr and a new GM nothing is going to change.

wang doesnt know or care how to run a franchise and snow can't build a team to save his life. he cant sign ufas and he cant make any trades that improve us. he is not the guy to get us to the next level and this season shows it

I did change for a bit, but I must agree with my original statement.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
If he really wants to win the cup he could sign on as the Penguins 3rd line center and probably hoist a cup next year. But he'd be freeloading and it would be anticlimactic. It wouldn't be the same for him leading the Isles. Not even close. We're a goalie and two d-men away.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Might be a better time to start wondering what the team can do when JT walks. Some money will be freed and the immediate center position will have to be dealt with per free agency or trade.

Barzal is one thing, but Nelson shouldn't be a center, and Cizikas is likely good for no more than 65 games.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
If he really wants to win the cup he could sign on as the Penguins 3rd line center and probably hoist a cup next year. But he'd be freeloading and it would be anticlimactic. It wouldn't be the same for him leading the Isles. Not even close. We're a goalie and two d-men away.
According to Snow we're already there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad