Will Stuart be traded at the TD

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Make him the playing coach of the Moose like Reggie Dunlop in Slap Shot.

Then the organization can keep him and his wife.

He's married? My wife is a Jets fan mostly thanks to Q&A. He was single a couple years ago.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I actually like Stu, but he's been badly mishandled here. He is a character guy and can be a big part of this team in the right role, which would be a dressing room leader 6/7th D making 1 or 2 million $. You see him trying to respond to the added pressures and trying to play above himself. It only makes things worse.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
This. Stu is a true leader but it's just too much for him. Mistake by Chevy on that one.

Seriously, we blew more on our "glue" and "locker room guy" stuff then anyone else in the NHL. Between Thorburn, Stu, Clitsome, thats alot of high priced pom poms that to be honest arent exactly doing their job, and in Clitsome's case, isnt even able to do at least some of his job.

Does our locker room really need 6 million dollars a year to motivate?

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I actually like Stu, but he's been badly mishandled here. He is a character guy and can be a big part of this team in the right role, which would be a dressing room leader 6/7th D making 1 or 2 million $. You see him trying to respond to the added pressures and trying to play above himself. It only makes things worse.

That's exactly what it is. Nice enough guy, probably has a role & could be used effectively as an extra but Maurice or whoever it is pushing those buttons feel he has to be used all the time. Very similar to the Thorburn situation * when you have 2-3 of those guys on your roster that are playing all the time & taking time away from real players, it can't help but erode team morale

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I hope this trade deadline turns out better than 2 years ago, when Chevy announced Stuarts 4 year extension. I Knew it was expensive & too long back then. I was waiting for a Stuart trade news release but got a 4 year extension instead.
I think Chevy tried to move Stuart but the return was low, so he re signed him instead.

Then later when he was getting some heat for not signing free agents, he trumpeted the Stuart signing as some kind of accomplishment.

They really should allow swearing on these boards.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Chevy just needs to find this GM and Stu is gone.....Hopefully he doesn't find him in the mirror :rant:

sucker.jpg

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It shouldn't be, guess we will find out what this team values more...winning or loyalty.

It's not that simple, he has a modified NTC. Let's assume it's 15 teams......would 1 of those teams want him? Might have nothing to do with loyalty at all. Might just be half the league kniws how "good" Mark Stuart is.

And yes it would be awkward.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
His wife is a longtime TNSE employee. Trading him would be awkward

And Ladd's wife is on the BoD... I know different circumstances but business is business

Let's be realistic- the cap is going down, we would have to retain salary in a bundle package to even come close to moving Stu.

Nah- we keep him...ahem stuck with this one I'm afraid

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
It's not about winning when you make your buddy the equip manager Dir of Hockey Ops. It worked at the car sales lot why not here?

This is exactly why professional organizations don't hire family of other employees.
Wow. Bush league.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If we keep him then he will be picked by Las Vegas in the expansion draft :)

Always look at the bright side of life

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Like to see Ladd and Stu both gone and have:
C - Wheeler
A - Byfuglien
A - Stafford

Next season. I can see a case for little instead, but I think Stafford has more experience and is more outspoken.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
he isn't a player any cup contender would be interested in trading for at the deadline for a run based on his play this season imo. Maybe we can move him in the offseason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad