Will Stuart be traded at the TD

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
He is a terrible player on a team that is not good enough to make the playoffs and the way things are going, a team that has the potential to finish at or very near the bottom of the league. No sane GM will touch him with a ten foot pole. Just my opinion.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
He is a terrible player on a team that is not good enough to make the playoffs and the way things are going, a team that has the potential to finish at or very near the bottom of the league. No sane GM will touch him with a ten foot pole. Just my opinion.

That's what people said about Phaneuf and his monster contract- never say never.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
I say we aim for a Tom Marten like return. Except instead of a team bus we ask for a Ford Pinto. I see that as fair value; both are a fire hazard on the back end.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I hope this trade deadline turns out better than 2 years ago, when Chevy announced Stuarts 4 year extension. I Knew it was expensive & too long back then. I was waiting for a Stuart trade news release but got a 4 year extension instead.
I think Chevy tried to move Stuart but the return was low, so he re signed him instead.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
50% retention on Stuart for one wrapped-up watermelon Jolly Rancher candy and a complimentary spool of dental floss. Get'r done, Chevy.

Really though, 25% retention for a 2016 7th would do it for me.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Keep him in the organization. Let him retire a Jet.

Offer him a position in management afterwords, retire his jersey, make him GM, win the Stanley Cup for 100 consecutive years.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't think there is a market for Stuart.

If Phaneuf and his albatrose contract can be moved than Stuart's can be. There just has to be an appetite in management to move him. Unfortunately the team loves his off ice leadership too much....

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Make him the playing coach of the Moose like Reggie Dunlop in Slap Shot.

Then the organization can keep him and his wife.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Keep him in the organization. Let him retire a Jet.

Offer him a position in management afterwords, retire his jersey, make him GM, win the Stanley Cup for 100 consecutive years.

Sorry but the former skate sharpener has seniority for that GM job and having laced up skates in the NHL makes him inellegable for Jets management.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Would you guys still move Stu if the Jets had to retain up to 30-40%? For a 5th or even a 4th rounder?

At that, I bet a playoff team that is really hurting on the back end, would take a look. :dunno:

Yes. Moving Stu is addition by subtraction. Also saving 60-70% of his salary is a bonus.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I doubt they'd even be looking to trade him. They may have finally realized how bad of a hockey player he is but I'm sure they're still crazy about him being a rolemodel and lockerroom presence. The Winnipeg Jets organization really seems to shy away from things that seem "not so loyal". I doubt we see him dealt. Last year was our last real chance of that happening IMO. There is no way someone pays more than an ugly camp dump or a 5th rounder and then the situation looks even worse. Stuart your battling veteran solider for a bunch of nothing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad