Will Pittsburgh miss the playoffs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
They're too good to miss. The problem is that there are 6 Metro teams competing for a maximum of 5 spots, which means that a good team is likely to miss the playoffs. I don't think it will be Pittsburgh unfortunately.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
when people realize the brutal schedule pittsburgh had to start the season is over, theyre going to be regretting the shit posting. theyre about to turn the corner and steamroll, again

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
when people realize the brutal schedule pittsburgh had to start the season is over, theyre going to be regretting the **** posting. theyre about to turn the corner and steamroll, again

They've played too much hockey the past 2 years. Not impossible to threepeat, but that's why teams struggle over the years.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Nope, they're still better than any team in the east not named the Caps/BlueJackets/Lightning...

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
To be fair - they're also better than any team named Caps/BlueJackets/Lightning...

Not sure if i would take the Penguins over those teams at the moment, especially with all the holes in the bottom six. Ol' man Jimmy needs to make few trades to improve it.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Even with the OT/SO points, I don't believe any team that has been below .500 in regulation has made the playoffs. If any have, it's a small number. Right now, the Pens have 3 more losses in regulation than they have wins. They're surviving on the extra point for winning in OT. They're tied with Detroit, and only ahead of Florida, Montreal, and Buffalo in regulation losses in the East. As a Kings fan, I know that doesn't tend to work.

If they don't fix what's happening in the first 60 minutes of a game, they'll probably miss the playoffs.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I would absolutely welcome not seeing Crosby and company devour most of the media's time. Chicago and Pittsburgh out of the playoffs is something I look forward to, but the league wouldn't. Imagine marketing the playoffs without Kane, Crosby, and McDavid present, it would be a nightmare for the NHL.

Pittsburgh is easily making the playoffs, but I can dream.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I can't see them missing, but you never know. The Metro is tough. Ultimately one team of the current top 6 will have to miss the playoffs. I think that team will be New Jersey.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Sooner or later somebody will start a "which one of the top 6 Metro teams will miss the playoffs" topic.

Will end up being a snarky if not frothy discussion :D

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I have to try and take my Pittsburgh fan tinted glasses off for a second with this... We are one point out of the playoffs. We had the dumpster fire of Niemi to deal with as back up in the start of the season and have our #1 goalie injured for the past handful of games and have our AHL starter as our current starter. All the while having a grueling schedule at the start of the season.

Lets put it this way, I am not concerned as a Penguins fan about Pittsburgh missing the playoffs.

Fondue

Apr 25, 2007
Brooklyn
I don't think they will.

They're going to get one of the wild card spots. Neither Crosby or Malkin is going to let the team fall far enough that they miss. They have to be a real shit team for that to happen. They're too proud for that .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad