Will Pittsburgh miss the playoffs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
I remember there was a Pens fan that wanted to keep Niemi and give him more chances in his waive thread. Those 3 games he played, 6 points, are huge right now

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
No they'll get hot before we know it and finish with home ice advantage for at least one round of the playoffs.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
With Murray, Crobby, Malkin, Guentzel, Sheary, Kessel, Letang, Sullivan, Rutherford? That team has like 4 Hall Of Famers not including the management/coaching. I predict another easy cup for them.
4 HOF'er? Who's the other two? Letang and...? Might wanna slow down on the hype there.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Still a bit early after only 30 or so games. Murray's coming back. This isn't the old MLB where only two (or later four) teams make the playoffs. Eight teams will make it from the Eastern Conference alone.

trader997

Oct 17, 2008
Montreal
They are in cruising mode right now, the big boys will step up starting mid February. They played a shitload of hockey in the past 2 years so fatigue is there + they don't have anything to prove to anyone until the playoffs starts. They'll make the playoffs without a doubt, obviously some games are ugly to watch but it will happen in a 82 games season after winning back to back Stanley cups.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Murray, Malkin, Crosby, Kessel, Letang are HoF calibre. Their coach and GM (obviously) are as well.

Letang is 30, and has only played 635 games. He's gonna need at least 400 more games with a similar ppg pace and given his injury history that seems like a coin flip. At his current pace, he would need ~1165 games to be in the top 20 scoring for defensemen all time. Not impossible, but improbable. Cups help I suppose?

Kessel - No, not unless he takes some yoga lessons from Jagr

Murray - :huh:?

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Letang is 30, and has only played 635 games. He's gonna need at least 400 more games with a similar ppg pace and given his injury history that seems like a coin flip. At his current pace, he would need ~1165 games to be in the top 20 scoring for defensemen all time. Not impossible, but improbable. Cups help I suppose?

Kessel - No, not unless he takes some yoga lessons from Jagr

Murray - :huh:?

How do you deny the #1 D on three cup winning teams? He just needs to pad his stats for a few years, he could play until 40 easy. Pens could win even more cups in that time.

Kessel could make the HoF based on determination, goal scoring, and hot dog eating. He just needs to fill out his stats a little as well. He's a driver not a passenger, one of the most underrated players in the NHL by a large margine.

Name me another goaltender who has 2 cups in his first 2 years? Sky is the limit for him. Also any goalie out there who hasn't made the HoF with 2 cups?

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
How do you deny the #1 D on three cup winning teams? He just needs to pad his stats for a few years, he could play until 40 easy. Pens could win even more cups in that time.

Kessel could make the HoF based on determination, goal scoring, and hot dog eating. He just needs to fill out his stats a little as well. He's a driver not a passenger, one of the most underrated players in the NHL by a large margine.

Name me another goaltender who has 2 cups in his first 2 years? Sky is the limit for him. Also any goalie out there who hasn't made the HoF with 2 cups?

I mean, it hasn't been easy for him to play till 30, so I don't see how he's guaranteed to play until 40?He also has no Norris.

The pens could win a few more cups, that is possible; however, Letang rode on the back of the bus for last cup run.

With regards to Kessel and Murray - Murray has the best chance because his career is only just started, and that's the reasoning of why he isn't a HOF by any stretch of the imagination AT THIS POINT. Kessel, I just don't see it, he is no where near his peers in his own generation of hockey. Doesn't have the stats nor the individual awards.

I think you are just spinning fantasy, not every player is a HOF and that's okay.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
I mean, it hasn't been easy for him to play till 30, so I don't see how he's guaranteed to play until 40?He also has no Norris.

The pens could win a few more cups, that is possible; however, Letang rode on the back of the bus for last cup run.

With regards to Kessel and Murray - Murray has the best chance because his career is only just started, and that's the reasoning of why he isn't a HOF by any stretch of the imagination AT THIS POINT. Kessel, I just don't see it, he is no where near his peers in his own generation of hockey. Doesn't have the stats nor the individual awards.

I think you are just spinning fantasy, not every player is a HOF and that's okay.

It's pretty easy to tell that you don't watch the Penguins at ALL. Kessel is just a smidge below obvious HoF's Malkin and Crosby. He has been just as much a catalyst for their 2 cups wins as any other player barring Matt Murray.

Matt Murray just need to keep his current pace (minus cup mins) and he's easily in.

Letang while Norris-less and oft injured is still their #1D and been a top player in his position for a decade.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014

Well, he didn't really play in last year's playoffs, but agree that he is their #1D.

Certainly not a passenger, but Hall of Fame is/should be at a different level. Unfortunately, he was kind of robbed of a Conn Smythe which would have helped his case. As a hot dog eater, he's in for sure.

Certainly a Hall of Fame start to his career, but let's give it some time.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I don’t think they will miss but people really don’t understand how lucky they have been in their wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad