• No

• Already is

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Players with his track record through junior and rookie NHL year tend to end up stars. He's a clear level above Kadri, who at the same age was in the AHL.

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
A 3rd line player at this point in time, not an impactful player... sorry kids :)

Dude, what are you smoking? I'm not sure if this is a troll post or you're being serious. You also said Marner will get a 4m/year contract? Keep dreaming mate. Drouin got 5.5m/year, expect Monahan money on both Marner and Nylander.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raymoondo

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Dude, what are you smoking? I'm not sure if this is a troll post or you're being serious. You also said Marner will get a 4m/year contract? Keep dreaming mate. Drouin got 5.5m/year, expect Monahan money on both Marner and Nylander.

Willie will make big money, Marner won't make more than Kadri 4.5. Mitch doesn't drive a line, create or score and is not an offensive threat away from the PP. Sorry dude but that's the truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: SprDaVE

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Willie will make big money, Marner won't make more than Kadri 4.5. Mitch doesn't drive a line, create or score and is not an offensive threat away from the PP. Sorry dude but that's the truth.

Yeah thats a lie. Sorry but thats the truth.

So yes Leafsfan had a good post

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
He will consistently have one of the most lopsided stat lines in all likeliness. He'll put up 70-PPG every years with 10-15 of those being goals.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Sure.. I remember when Wellwood and Stajan were gonna be stars to.

That is why it's just a discussion. If we all just let things develop, there would be no need to have a discussion board.

Some posters need to relax and realize I never said Marner sucks, I just said I'm not sure I agree with the "star" tag. Really confused about why people take such incredible offence to this suggestion.
Stajan and Wellwood were not top 5 picks nor had anywhere near the junior career Marner did. Marner scored more as a rookie than either of those guys did in any season.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
He will consistently have one of the most lopsided stat lines in all likeliness. He'll put up 70-PPG every years with 10-15 of those being goals.
Nah he'll put up minimum 20, put up that pace last year no reason not to expect it to be improved upon

25-30 with 60 apples is possible on a Matthews line though

Reactions: The Cobra

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009

Marner tied Kadri's best season for production so far when he was a rookie. Obviously you haven't been watching much hockey if you claim "he doesn't drive a line" (whatever that means), create, score, or be an offensive threat away from the powerplay. Like, you seriously have been watching the games right? No sane person would consider what's basically a Kadri that's peaked, is comparable to a Marner who is just in his second season. Kadri was not near Marner's level when he was the same age. Mitch would get no less than $5.5m as of right now. He'd probably fetch around $6m per for his first raise.

Reactions: The Cobra

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Marner won't make anything less than 6 million, sorry dude that's not the truth, that reality, give it a try.:help:

Reactions: Menzinger

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
For some reason, a lot of fans are goal obsessed. Mitch controls the play and makes unbelievable plays to set up the snipers. The problem as I see it is that he hasn't been teamed with the right guys that can benefit from his skills until the second half of last night's game. We'll see how that develops. Mitch is not a goal scorer... not yet. Although, I remember there was this guy that wore number 99 that everybody said, "ya he can pass the puck, but he is not a goal scores." Then he went out and scored 92. All young guys, and old guys too, have there up and downs. Mitch will be just fine.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Marner is outstanding playmaker with great vision and creativity, however remains to be seen what kind of goal scorer he will become.

He has 2 goals after 21 games this year and so topping 20 goals in a season will be a challenge regularly.

His assist totals however will be at a 3 -1 ratio to goals so he will still put up considerable points in a season.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Great response TM... but at this point I disagree. His skating isn't elite, his puck handling isn't elite, and his passing isn't elite at this point. I think he does all of it well... to very well, but maybe that is what makes him a star? He doesn't have any glaring weakness?
His skating , puck handling and passing is not Elite.. M A R N E R is how his name is spelt.

All 3 are Elite. He is a star

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Marner is outstanding playmaker with great vision and creativity, however remains to be seen what kind of goal scorer he will become.

He has 2 goals after 21 games this year and so topping 20 goals in a season will be a challenge regularly.

His assist totals however will be at a 3 -1 ratio to goals so he will still put up considerable points in a season.
He will be a 25 goal scorer each year moving forward when paired with a goal scorer he will also challenge for the Assist leader in the NHL most years as well adds up to a star player in my opinion.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Just watch Marner. He screams "Star" on every shift.
If you have the rare, elite talent. The other things that can actually be taught can come along. That's where people overate D. The most important thing is skill.

Reactions: david999
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad