Will Marc Andre Fleury Choke Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
BTW MAF got beat by a shot that hit the post, i don't remember if it was in the 2nd or 3rd period, but it would of been a terrible goal to give up, MAF was inches away from going into meltdown mode again.

I think know the one you're talking about - Comeau threw the puck on net and hit the outside of the post. Without a good camera angle, we can only guess at whether the shot was dangerous or not. If Fleury's positioning was correct, then giving the very outside of the post is ideal since the puck can't go in off it; otherwise he'd be giving up more room far side.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I disagree, Boston and LA can play games where they don't give up many scoring chances, pretty much every other team will give up a bunch of great scoring chances almost every game.

BTW MAF got beat by a shot that hit the post, i don't remember if it was in the 2nd or 3rd period, but it would of been a terrible goal to give up, MAF was inches away from going into meltdown mode again.

Goaltenders can go on hot streaks like any other player, but a majority of a goaltenders success is based on how the team plays in front of him. If a team can keep teams down to low percentage shots, and all the goaltender has to make are initial saves and then clear pucks, any goaltender will do well. The teams that can do that will go far in the playoffs.

I'm not entirely sure of the point you're making since it seems like you're trying to say you watch every single game that is played in the NHL and you keep track of how many glorious scoring chances each team gives up and how the goaltender performs accordingly.

In this series, that gaff in game 4 aside, I think things could have been a **** ton worse if Fleury was melting down. He has been one of our better players, but that's not really saying much.

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
Besides the last min of game 4...fleury has kept our team in the game and made it possible for us to get the W...hell even in game 4 it shouldn't have even got to the last min Columbus owned us all game could easily have been over in the second period the way we were playing...all you can ask for is your goalie to give us a chance to win and if say fleury has done that so far this series (other than a 3-4 min span of losing his mind).

No matter what though, fleury could have 40 shots against and only give up one goal and people would still find a way to ***** and complain about that one goal. I liked the post that talked about "fleury ALMOST gave up a goal that went off the post last game". That is by far the funniest thing I have read so far. It's like you are waiting in the bushes just grasping for something to hold against MAF.

The whole if we bought him out no team would want him and if we waived him no team would want him is hilarious also. Trust me there would be teams that would want him.

Honest question though, would you rather give up significant value for a slightly better goalie (cause that's what it would take most likely)? And what goalies that are available via FA or trade would you like as a new goalie for next year? At least free agent wise, other than halak and hiller (assuming miller resigns with the blues) there isn't much out there to choose from; and I don't really consider either of those goalies much of an upgrade from fleury. Maybe you guys see it differently, but both of those goalies struggled this year also

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Meh this thread has no purpose right now. Let's see what happens and then re-open the thread. We are just way off base here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad