Will Lundqvist be traded before 2021?

ZestyMest

Sep 2, 2018
He has a NMC and doesn't want to leave the Rangers even in the face of this rebuild. This is a non-question unless Lundqvist indicates he would even consider waiving it.

jghockey

Aug 14, 2018
He has a NMC and doesn't want to leave the Rangers even in the face of this rebuild. This is a non-question unless Lundqvist indicates he would even consider waiving it.

He says that now. However, we'll see how he feels in 2020.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I don’t think he wants a Cup as much as he wants to stay a NYR. That’s a little odd given his insane compete level but I just get that feeling.

As another poster also mentioned... no team who’s on the cusp of a champ needs a high priced goalie at this point.

Ray Borque was before the cap and completely different

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The Rangers are not going to trade him for the reasons already stated.

Nor do I think there would be much interest. Everyone's already got a goalie.

It's the least valuable position in hockey when it comes to trades for several reasons, of which you just mentioned one.

Goalies aren't traded at the deadline, ever. Because you just can't go into the final month of the regular season with a new goalie.

Reactions: Machinehead

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
The Rangers are not going to trade him for the reasons already stated.

Nor do I think there would be much interest. Everyone's already got a goalie.

there could be a scenario where a goalie gets injured badly or if a team is looking for a good goalie in July.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
there could be a scenario where a goalie gets injured badly or if a team is looking for a good goalie in July.
Not at over 8 million a year.Not to mention nobody is going to give up the pieces the Rangers would want for their franchise player.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I'd be very surprised if he didn't retire a Ranger. Also wouldn't hold it against him if he wanted to chase a cup somewhere else, but I'm not sure he's consistently at that level anymore where a team would take that cap and pay a good price to get him to chase a cup.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The only way Hank is traded is if he has a really good season and playoff teams come calling.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
He'll be our franchise player until the day he hangs up his skates.
Nope. He has been the most popular player, but without a Cup, I hesitate to call him a franchise player. Sorry Hank lovers, but championships matter. Hank is the Patrick Ewing of the Rangers.

Reactions: zephyr

emodwarf

Oct 12, 2009
Boston. Sucks.
Nope. He has been the most popular player, but without a Cup, I hesitate to call him a franchise player. Sorry Hank lovers, but championships matter. Hank is the Patrick Ewing of the Rangers.

I'm no Hank lover, but he's the main reason we even had a Cup window or two during his time as a Ranger. He's streaky in-season, but throughout his career he's been incredibly consistent at maintaining a high level of play.

The fact Hank couldn't play all six positions at once or magically heal other players' broken heads or feet during Cup runs doesn't take away from his importance to this franchise.

This isn't a left-handed finger roll screw up situation. Hockey isn't a one-guy-can-carry-the-team sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad