will Johnny Gaudreau sign this offseason?

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
He is about the same size as Zuccarello right now and he's doing pretty damn well with the Rags this season. Took him some time to adjust to the league though. I'm not worried at all.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
He is about the same size as Zuccarello right now and he's doing pretty damn well with the Rags this season. Took him some time to adjust to the league though. I'm not worried at all.

Zucs plays a lot like St. Louis. JG plays a different game, I compare his style to Gretzky and Kane, but still, good examples of how small guys CAN make it in today's game.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Zucs plays a lot like St. Louis. JG plays a different game, I compare his style to Gretzky and Kane, but still, good examples of how small guys CAN make it in today's game.

Yeah, and its not just forwards and skilled forwards either. Kris Russel is a small guy, so is Brad Marchand, Tobias Enstrom, Kris Versteeg, Kimmo Timonen, Mark Recci, Brian Rafalski, and Jordin Toottoo.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
We have his buddy Bill Arnold. We have the money and need to make the cap floor so can offer a lot as a bonus. He wants to play in the NHL, we have a spot. It looks like BUF is the only competition but I don't think they want him so he's ours assuming Burke wants him

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We have his buddy Bill Arnold. We have the money and need to make the cap floor so can offer a lot as a bonus. He wants to play in the NHL, we have a spot. It looks like BUF is the only competition but I don't think they want him so he's ours assuming Burke wants him

Again, the 'competition' only comes into place if he plays out his senior year next year. Hard to predict who would have cap space at that point in time. He can't sign with anyone other than us this off-season due to NCAA/NHL rules.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad