Will all 4 RFA's get resigned

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
No doubt. The only questionable one is Zucc, but I think he'll be re-signed.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
Re-signed, yes. I don't see how they resign if they're not signed yet.

Hyphens are important ;)

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Maybe the Rangers have "less than $12 million" for next year, but the cap is always 10% higher in the off-season. The Rangers could still sign them and figure out how to get under the cap later on.

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
I came up with $13,393,333 with them still needing to sign Stepan, Hagelin, McDonagh, MZA, and Falk. Looks like we are going into next year with

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Richards-Callahan
Pyatt-Brassard-MZA
Powe-Boyle-Dorsett
Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-MDZ
Moore-Stralman
Falk

Lundqvist
Biron

Why didn't they buyout Richards? Thats not a great team.

Stepanformayor*

Gagline, how much you wanna bet Stepan gets more than a two year Bridge deal??? I will promise you I will meet you on opening night, shake your hand and pay you what ever the bet is!!

Stepanformayor*

I am more questioning Pat Leonard's "almost 12 million " comment more than anything. If that is the real number IMO in does not get done.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
I came up with $13,393,333 with them still needing to sign Stepan, Hagelin, McDonagh, MZA, and Falk. Looks like we are going into next year with

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-Brassard-MZA
Powe-Boyle-Dorsett
Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-MDZ
Moore-Stralman
Falk

Lundqvist
Biron

Sooo... If Richards was bought out, insert Boyle into the third line and add a 4th line center... That makes the team better?

Okay....

Anyway, they'll all re-sign. There's really nothing to worry about. Hagelin is no more than a $2.5 million player, McDonagh and Stepan get $4 (a guess) and Zuccarello gets, at most, $2 million.

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
Sooo... If Richards was bought out, insert Boyle into the third line and add a 4th line center... That makes the team better?

Okay....

Anyway, they'll all re-sign. There's really nothing to worry about. Hagelin is no more than a $2.5 million player, McDonagh and Stepan get $4 (a guess) and Zuccarello gets, at most, $2 million.

Or the Rangers have over $20 million to make the team better.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Okay....

Yeah, because we couldn't have possibly added a 3rd line center instead. We couldn't have traded for Boland. Nope. Only possibility is that we'd add a 4th line center and Boyle would play on the 3rd line.

Stepanformayor*

Florida Ranger how can you say a 7 million dollar 3 rd line center will make us better??

KreidertheGlider

MDZ for NYR Blueline
May 31, 2012
Rochester, NY
Richards makes the team better regardless.

Honestly, I would rather have Lacavalier than Richards.

Lecavalier
Brassard
Stepan
Boyle

is much better than

Stepan
Brassard
Richards
Boyle

There are other options too. Doesn't have to be Lecavalier.

I hope AV plays a rookie as our 3rd line center and moves Richards to wing.

xxxx - Stepan - xxxx
Richards- Brassard - xxxx
xxxx - Lindberg - xxxx
xxxx - Boyle - xxxx

----------------------------------

Back on topic, yes, I think we sign all of our RFAs.

AlwaysARanger

Schwing!
Aug 6, 2007
Oslo

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-Brassard-MZA
Powe-Boyle-Dorsett
Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-MDZ
Moore-Stralman
Falk

Lundqvist
Biron

Well, thats pretty much the same team that gave Boston a harder time than the Penguins in the PO's this year. With AV this is a contender.

:sarcasm:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-Brassard-MZA
Powe-Boyle-Dorsett
Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-MDZ
Moore-Stralman
Falk

Lundqvist
Biron

$762,500 in bonuses. Kreider and Moore have performance bonuses. If both players max out their bonuses,the Rangers could roll them over into 14-15. $125,000 for Moore. $637,500 for Kreids. JT Miller also have bonuses. $525,000.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
He has played in 3 straight professional seasons dating back to the 2010-11. I thought 3 years was the max as far as ELCs go?

He only played 2 NHL games in 10-11, so he didn't burn the first year of his ELC.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I'll still go on record and say the RFAs will not get as much as been speculated. Look at Del Zotto, 2.5M and he was coming off a 40+ point +20 season when defensemen are in HIGH demand.

If there is one thing Sather is great at, its signing his RFAs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad