GDT: Wild vs. Devils 3/10 8 PM

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought we were blaming the bad early PK on Salvador lol

Wasn't Greene also playing the wrong side? That was stupid.

I don't think it was all Salvador, but it seemed to take him getting injured just to make some damn changes and fix things.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Lou pooh-poohed TG's question about the team looking at the standings and said they were ready to play...um okay?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can we waive Havlat and Ryder? Or one of them?

Maybe get someone from Albany up in their place.

It's not like their chances of getting work next year haven't already been put in the toilet.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lou pooh-poohed TG's question about the team looking at the standings and said they were ready to play...um okay?

I thought they were ready to play. They looked good in the 1st.

Then they just never bothered coming out for the 2nd for some reason.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
B_yJehFUIAQ6MhQ.png:large

lol

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I thought they were ready to play. They looked good in the 1st.

Then they just never bothered coming out for the 2nd for some reason.

Very good actually. The first period was one of the best periods they played in a while. It just came against the best team they've played in a while. And it showed. It was too predictable that they would run out of gas quickly and really needed to bury those early chances and then just kind of hang on. They basically hung with them for one period by overachieving, then played back down to the level of what they are, while Minny played to the level of what they are. The score didn't really reflect the effort level IMO, but rather the gap between the two teams. One is good and one isn't.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Looks like he's watching the Blues game on the monitor?

If you zoom in you can see the Fox:Wild logo on the screen he is looking at.

Edit. Also the jersey colors give it away. Blues are home yet the home team on the screen is definitely not wearing blue.

Imagine he was just glancing over duringn a stoppage though.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
This is what the last month's going to look like, we'll get housed against teams that need the game more and show enough pride to play against teams that are on our level or below it. This is what the end of 2011 was like after the Ottawa losses eliminated us.

against quality teams this team is just going to look inferior. Can't really blame the players.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Edit. Also the jersey colors give it away. Blues are home yet the home team on the screen is definitely not wearing blue.

He's scouting possible playoff opponents :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
says FOX WILD in the corner

Haha yup. I zoomed in and did see the jersey colors.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So relieved to see Lou giving the post game presser. Had a bad feeling it was gonna be Oates.

Never posting the Schneider t shirt picture again. Thought it might become a fixture in the future.

Never wearing it during a game again either. :laugh:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
So the only worthwhile note in this game is that after 100000 years, Zubrus scores a goal.

Depressing.

Another worthwhile note: In a 6-2 loss, Severson, Merrill and Gelinas were not a minus (+/-).

Considering only 1 goal in an 8 goal game was a PP goal not being a minus for half of the defense seems nearly impossible...

Even more incredible, Merrill led all Devil players in TOI with 23:05(only Suter played more for either team 25:43) and was not a minus in that game.

Last edited:

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
against quality teams this team is just going to look inferior. Can't really blame the players.

Last 4 road games against quality teams (Chi/Nash/Mtl/Min) and we are 0-4, two of them by blowout.

Just another reminder of how far we really are from being any kind of threat. I think most fans understand this, I just fear that Lou sees all the wins against mediocre teams and thinks we aren't that far away.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm not saying that this is a good team, but if the Devils capitalize on 1 or 2 of those first period chances the result would've been completely different...Last night Dubnyk made key saves and his team fed off of that.

But if the Devils take a lead and go into their shell, they negate Minnesota's speed, our defense isn't scrambling and you have a different game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad