Confirmed with Link: Wild trade Addison to Sharks? Yes, for 2026 5th, Raska

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Beaten out for a spot on the Wild defense by THIS GUY!

Masters-of-the-Universe-Origins-5-5-in-Mer-Man-Action-Figure-Battle-Figure-for-Storytelling-Play-and-Display_b8fd412c-8f90-4564-a735-fbd5369cf9d9.269b77669c824caacfbe30f030e346e6.jpeg
Pea nice belt FTW!!

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
Also would like to add that I love how MG has build a young and fun defensive core in one year without moving anything major (If you don't count the Meier trade and Mukhamadullin)

Addison will probably be bad defensively, but if he can be our PP1 player through the darker times and produce, that's all we can ask.
I'm excited that MG makes things happen and is actually bringing pieces that we need to have.

I don't see Addison being the next Burns (because Minnesota hehe) but he'll move the puck and will have all the time and space to do his thing. Great Job MG!

Reactions: timorous me

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Also would like to add that I love how MG has build a young and fun defensive core in one year without moving anything major (If you don't count the Meier trade and Mukhamadullin)

Addison will probably be bad defensively, but if he can be our PP1 player through the darker times and produce, that's all we can ask.
I'm excited that MG makes things happen and is actually bringing pieces that we need to have.

I don't see Addison being the next Burns (because Minnesota hehe) but he'll move the puck and will have all the time and space to do his thing. Great Job MG!

Ferraro, Knyzhov, Okhotiuk, Mukhamadullin, Thrun, Emberson, Addison, and Gawanke should be a solid stopgap tank group for the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Doing some digging for information on Addison. Here's a bit from an interview with Dean Evason from September and his comments on Addison:
One’s got to assume sanity will prevail and Calen Addison will sign in the next few days and be on the ice Thursday. We saw him perform really well on the power play last year. But he was scratched 19 of the final 29 regular-season games and all of the playoffs. I know you genuinely like him as a person and player. So what does he have to do at five-on-five to earn your trust?

Compete defensively every single shift. There’s a different bracket of compete. So on the power play, he competes. When he has the puck, he’s intense, right? He makes plays … it’s quick, it’s hard. You have to do that on five-on-five, too. And that’s what we’re trying to stress to him is that five-on-five, defensively, you have to have that same intensity level. You can’t just wait for the power play to be good and intense and gritty, to a certain extent, which he is. That doesn’t just get turned on and turned off. So that’s what we challenged him with last year. At the end of the year, we challenged him to be more committed defensively as far as his compete level. Do the same thing as he’s doing on a power play.

There's also this very nice episode of "Becoming Wild" that lets you really get to know the player (I wish the Sharks did something like this!):

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
MG” welcome to the organization..Excited to have you. Think you’ll really help us…by the way, did you have a number in mind?”

Addison “Yeah…#2”

MG “…..That’s taken..”

Addison “Wait..I don…”

MG “ Its TAKEN….”

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I feel like Grier reads my posts here because I keep asking for a PMD, even if he can’t play defense and Grier delivers!

Honestly, if he can help us break out or keep the puck in the other team’s zone, he’s necessary to making this team watchable

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I feel like Grier reads my posts here because I keep asking for a PMD, even if he can’t play defense and Grier delivers!

Honestly, if he can help us break out or keep the puck in the other team’s zone, he’s necessary to making this team watchable
I mean, that alone on one out of every three shifts is going to cut back on our shots against by, what, 2-3 per game? Maybe also generate one additional shot for per game? That'd be something like one fewer goal against every 5 games, and another goal scored every 10 games?

That all seems too generous to me, maybe half that. Not enough to change the team's fortunes, but maybe enough to keep us from being caved in on every shift every game. I'd like for us to at least score some goals and win a few games. The Oilers are bad, but I don't think they're 37 points bad, and I think we are worse than that.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

This is the monkey's paw response. You want a PMD? Well have one that can't find his way around his own zone with a map and someone feeding him directions!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad