Confirmed with Link: Wild trade Addison to Sharks? Yes, for 2026 5th, Raska

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
IDK if it's worse that CISCO couldn't even get that right, or that CISCO didn't pull the plug immediately lol
I get having webcam video, but I just don't understand how the audio was always so bad.

(Btw, the Warriors and presumably/possibly the baseball teams had some brief segments like that too.)

Reactions: Sandisfan

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
I miss Sonya.
You should watch the pre- and post-game shows then!

I get having webcam video, but I just don't understand how the audio was always so bad.

(Btw, the Warriors and presumably/possibly the baseball teams had some brief segments like that too.)
I remember around that same time my wife had to use Webex for some stuff and she was always complaining about how crap it was compared to Zoom and I couldn't help but think of those segments on Sharks games.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Grier's continued purge of the DW prospect pipeline is kinda funny.

It really is because DW was the reason that Grier was on the Sharks but now he is purging the team of DW acquired talent because he thinks they are no good.

Shimoe

Jun 13, 2011
Norm Green Sucks
I’m curious why the Wild are giving up a 23yr old top 4 defenseman for a measly 5th round pick.
Honestly, because he wasn't a top 4 D this year and we are having all kinds of problems solving our D issues. Addison just wasn't working this year and Faber has stepped up huge for the Wild at D and he looks very offensive minded. Plus, the Wild are getting Spurgeon back (Probably Sat.). Yeah, he was on the #1 PP but we have one of the worst PP this year. If Addy turns it around with new scenery you guys will be golden. He is only making 825k a year and is a RFA after the season. Hope it works out for him because I don't think he was having any fun in MN. Good luck tonight against the Oilers.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Been really checked out of hockey the last week but I like this acquisition a lot. Just feed this kid as much ice time as he can handle and see what happens.
It's sort of the ideal trade for a team in the Sharks' position to be making. He's not like a super-high upside player, but that's not realistic for this kind of return. But for this kind of return, the chance that you're getting a guy who can be a PP quarterback and 3rd pairing, maybe 2nd pairing puck-moving defenseman for basically nothing?

Massive win for Grier no matter how it turns out because there's basically zero risk.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Will he be one of the six defenseman next year ? 7th, 8th? , ahl or gone ?
I wouldn't bet on it. I think there's a fair question of whether or not newly-acquired Jack Thompson can be better than Addison within the next year as a more responsible defensively, offensively-minded right-shooting d-man.

And if all three of Benning, Burroughs, and Ruuta are back next season, along with Emberson, the competition for a spot is even tougher for Addison (which isn't saying much since those guys are all quite iffy and really just bottom-pairing defenders).

Reactions: Ana Crusis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad