Confirmed with Link: Wild Trade 7th Round Pick (2024) for Maroon (20% retained) and Cajkovic

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
7 more games, unless you're ignoring Reaves' 0+0 in 12GP before the trade.
Comparing it to Reavo’s stat line in Minnesota.

Maroon has an absolutely absurd 150 PIM too. Our highest was Foligno at 97 PIM in 65 games.

Idk, this seems like replacing a plug (Reavo) with another plug.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Comparing it to Reavo’s stat line in Minnesota.

Maroon has an absolutely absurd 150 PIM too. Our highest was Foligno at 97 PIM in 65 games.

Idk, this seems like replacing a plug (Reavo) with another plug.

I don't disagree, but it's a slightly cheaper plug signed for only 1 year.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Cheap depth/locker room guy. Worst case scenario we are out of it and get our money back at the deadline.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Feels good to have a "Big Rig" back on the team!
1688390247426.png

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not a bad add, given the cap hit and the experience.

Guerin pretty much wiped out the senior roster when he took power. Having a savvy and winning vet in the room is good.

He doesn't need to play 82 games, but who knows.

As mentioned earlier, he adds a dimension to soft guys like Rossi, plus the physicality of Dumba is probably outski.
Kind of my worry. I can see Dean falling in love with him, and not giving any/limited chances to the young guys, while he plods along scoring once every 15 gp.

Not promising that he was spending time in the ECHL at his age. Going the wrong direction.
Was kicked off the Slovak WJC team for injuring team mates in practice. Potential(actual?) headcase, with limited upside. This is probably his last stop with a NHL team.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Kind of my worry. I can see Dean falling in love with him, and not giving any/limited chances to the young guys, while he plods along scoring once every 15 gp.

Was kicked off the Slovak WJC team for injuring team mates in practice. Potential(actual?) headcase, with limited upside. This is probably his last stop with a NHL team.
That's saying something, considering he led their WJC-18 team in scoring twice, and was given the "A" for one of those teams. I wonder what happened to the kid. He looked like he was on pace to become a pretty great player. If something is going on with him, I hope he gets past it and has a happy, healthy life. I'd be shocked, however, if that life was in Minnesota.

Moving on to Maroon, the only rookies I would foresee being ready for the NHL are Walker and Rossi, and only if they have productive offseasons. Beckman would need to have some remarkable progress this offseason to be ready for extended NHL duty, and I don't want to see AHL scorers like Petan and Lettieri getting extended time on the NHL team.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If we’re going to deploy a below NHL caliber player and justify it because they have “character”, “swagger”, and bring “energy”, I’m glad we’re doing it at 800k for 1 year and not 1.3M for 3 years.
So the argument just shifted from we shouldn’t have this player type at all because they suck to it being okay because they are paid less than the other guy we had. I would rather have seen Milne given a chance. At least he can skate.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
So the argument just shifted from we shouldn’t have this player type at all because they suck to it being okay because they are paid less than the other guy we had. I would rather have seen Milne given a chance. At least he can skate.
I like Milne and do believe he will definitely be a great bottom 6er for us, but I think another year in the AHL with more minutes and some more time to gain some muscle will make him better for us.

I get your point though...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Milne has potential, but he is was still coping with the strength and speed of the AHLlast year. He needs more time. He looks to be fairly thickly built, and reasonably strong on his skates, but he is not a big, tough guy, and not skilled enough to be a skilled player at this point.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
No that wasn’t really the point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad