Confirmed with Link: Wild Trade 7th Round Pick (2024) for Maroon (20% retained) and Cajkovic

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Maroon had five goals and nine assists plus 150 PIMs in 80 games with the Lightning last season. The 35-year-old from St. Louis won the Stanley Cup in three consecutive seasons with his hometown Blues (2019) and the Lightning (2020 and 2021).

Cajkovic, who was drafted by the Lightning in 2019, has yet to play in the NHL and spent last year with the AHL's Syracuse Crunch and ECHL's Orlando Solar Bears.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think my exact reaction was "ok lol"

Reactions: TaLoN

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Anyone have any information on Cajkovic?

Was reading blurbs on him, sounded promising then realized he’s 22 years old.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I never said you were talking stats, I was just commenting on his chances here. Not promising.
Pretty sure the reason he was included was because it's easier to explain why we gave up anything for a 35 4th liner when free agency just opened and he didn't sign anyone. I'm fully expecting this guy to never set foot on the ice in a Minnesota Wild jersey.

I guess Guerin wanted to get slower.

Eh, he basically replaces Reaves so

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Pretty sure the reason he was included was because it's easier to explain why we gave up anything for a 35 4th liner when free agency just opened and he didn't sign anyone. I'm fully expecting this guy to never set foot on the ice in a Minnesota Wild jersey.

Eh, he basically replaces Reaves so
Might in the preseason... that's the closest he'll come.

Think the Wild did this so they can sell the remaining "Big Rig" merchandise left over after moving Greenway? :sarcasm:

Seriously though, $800k for Maroon is way better than paying more for Reaves.

Feels good to have a "Big Rig" back on the team!
I was literally referencing that at the same time... :laugh:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Might in the preseason... that's the closest he'll come.

Think the Wild did this so they can sell the remaining "Big Rig" merchandise left over after moving Greenway? :sarcasm:

Seriously though, $800k for Maroon is way better than paying more for Reaves.

I was literally referencing that at the same time... :laugh:

I didn't know Maroon's nickname was Big Rig. I think Guerin just likes size for the sake of size and no other reason than size.

Reactions: TaLoN

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I like it, I personally wasn't ready for Rossi, Beckman AND Walker to fight for regular spots. Especially when there 2 4th line spots open.

At least we have a veteran players to take up one of those 4 line spots that isn't Walker and Beckman who are both a little weak.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Not a bad add, given the cap hit and the experience.

Guerin pretty much wiped out the senior roster when he took power. Having a savvy and winning vet in the room is good.

He doesn't need to play 82 games, but who knows.

As mentioned earlier, he adds a dimension to soft guys like Rossi, plus the physicality of Dumba is probably outski.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I’m flattered he left us off his no trade list. If he was good enough for Tampa, he can probably play here too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad