Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
It's not delaying the game by definition. The initial review isn't looking for goalie interference, so if it truly was, the only way to get them to overturn it is to challenge it after the first review.

It's dumb, but it's just how it works.

Reactions: 2Pair

Wabit

May 23, 2016
They should absolutely be assessed a delay of game penalty for challenging after a review. How asinine.

I don't mind no delay of game penalty after a goalie interference review. It's called so arbitrarily that the TO loss is fine. I like the delay of game for icing reviews gone wrong, it's cut and dry over the line or not (most of the time).

Reactions: HwT

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'm just becoming so anti-review. Hate what it's doing to sports. The NFL is the biggest culprit, but the NHL is not far behind. It's like you have to wait to cheer until the review is over.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
All this because Foligno was too dumb to gain the center red line before he dumped the puck. Not impressed with this guy at aLl.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I am pretty sure Koivu feels he has some points to make, but irritating the official, whether he is right or wrong, isn't good for your team come crunch time.

Shame that refs get mad at players and call games differently (shouldn't be that way), but it is..... kinda like in baseball the catchers know full well not to piss off the umpire if he wants borderline strikes called for his pitchers.

Watching Gopher football this year I noticed that the Gopher players were always physically handing the officials the ball at the end of plays (not even tossing).
This year they had the 2nd fewest penalty yards per game in the entire NCAA, last year (without handing the ball) they were 71st.

Hard not to think it helped them.

Reactions: TropicalFruitGirl2

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
And this penalty because Winnik can't get the puck over the Blue line and gives it away. It's a killer when your bottom six players not only lack skill but also IQ.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Double penalty while on the PP. That's just bad hockey at any level.

HwT

Mar 9, 2017
Finland
Good possession and puck movement from the first PP unit this game. No diarrhea wristers into the first enemy player and no miracle cross ice pass attempts from one side to the other.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
We can't stand prosperity. The penalties .... I don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad