Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Lose

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Love the adjustment BB has made with the 3v3. Zucker is oddly ineffective, though.

It doesn't surprise me about Zucker. He'll be a killer on fast breaks/counterattacks. But in a possession format, where the other team just collapses around the net in the d-zone, they are content to let him just skate all day with the puck on the outside. That just doesn't feed into his strengths as a player.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Refs were an absolute joke. Pretty good to overcome it, even though they played an awful 3rd period (Sharks gaining momentum combined with being tired from PK probably a part of that though). They call that terrible hooking penalty on Murphy while we're on the PP but miss a blatant cross check to Staal while he's on a breakaway? And the clear interference/hold on Thornton in OT? Obviously good thing they didn't call that one but it's just ridiculous. This game was being played even enough where there shouldn't have been that much of a powerplay discrepancy.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wild are in the last WC spot with 1 pt behind 5th with a game in hand. 1 game in hand over the 2 other teams tied with them in points.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Wild are in the last WC spot with 1 pt behind 5th with a game in hand. 1 game in hand over the 2 other teams tied with them in points.
It's crazy how this team feels like a subpar/mediocre team, yet they're still in a playoff spot again. The season is not lost... they can figure it out. Better peak later than now I guess.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It's crazy how this team feels like a subpar/mediocre team, yet they're still in a playoff spot again. The season is not lost... they can figure it out. Better peak later than now I guess.

No Spurgeon or Parise in the lineup; there is still some talent missing.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Refs were an absolute joke. Pretty good to overcome it, even though they played an awful 3rd period (Sharks gaining momentum combined with being tired from PK probably a part of that though). They call that terrible hooking penalty on Murphy while we're on the PP but miss a blatant cross check to Staal while he's on a breakaway? And the clear interference/hold on Thornton in OT? Obviously good thing they didn't call that one but it's just ridiculous. This game was being played even enough where there shouldn't have been that much of a powerplay discrepancy.

Did that hold remind anyone of the hold on Coyle in the Avs playoffs when their net was empty? These refs are so determined not to affect the outcome of the game that they end up affecting the outcomes of games.

I really like Stalock so far, even though he might've been better on their 3rd goal. It's strange having a goalie who can handle the puck.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
No Spurgeon or Parise in the lineup; there is still some talent missing.
If they could just find an adequate 3rd line out of some combination of Ek, Kunin, Foligno, Ennis, Stewart this team could really take off.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Did that hold remind anyone of the hold on Coyle in the Avs playoffs when their net was empty? These refs are so determined not to affect the outcome of the game that they end up affecting the outcomes of games.

I really like Stalock so far, even though he might've been better on their 3rd goal. It's strange having a goalie who can handle the puck.
It reminded me that when you're playing in California, you're never going to get a call. Completely different set of rules on the west coast, and it's been like that for years.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Went to bed before the game ended, glad to see we pulled it out, even if we did give them a point.

8/10 points since the Winnipeg embarrassment.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im angry with the refs after that game , they gave the sharks a point. thats bs. burns cross checked staal into the net & no penalty? wtf? glad we pulled off the win. did the sharks have 10pp to our 4? ( i didnt count)

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
When the FSN guys decided to spend 15 minutes discussing how few goals Brent Burns has this year, and how he's taken about the same shots as last year so he had like a 1.8% shooting percentage, did anyone else tell their commentators to shut the living f*** up? Bunch of booth Babe Ruths, we're lucky Radagast the Burns didn't hat up on his manic critter sleigh ride. Going to guess they cut off LaPanta finishing that segment by hitting a baseball out to the benches that popped a ref right in the zebra mussels, then shouting down at the writhing official "DUURRRRR! Don't worry flat sack, your wife says I can fill in for you tonight! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Look at that asshole! Hey I'm not familiar with that fetal position penalty signal, is that 2 minutes for being in the womb, you piece of can't-hack-it-in-the-NHL shit?! AHAHAHA, god, I miss my 'stache." 'cause it's the only thing that I can come up with to explain what happened next.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Can Greenlay just leave already? The guy can barely put three words together without pausing and going, "UHHHH"

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
When the FSN guys decided to spend 15 minutes discussing how few goals Brent Burns has this year, and how he's taken about the same shots as last year so he had like a 1.8% shooting percentage, did anyone else tell their commentators to shut the living **** up? Bunch of booth Babe Ruths, we're lucky Radagast the Burns didn't hat up on his manic critter sleigh ride. Going to guess they cut off LaPanta finishing that segment by hitting a baseball out to the benches that popped a ref right in the zebra mussels, then shouting down at the writhing official "DUURRRRR! Don't worry flat sack, your wife says I can fill in for you tonight! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Look at that *******! Hey I'm not familiar with that fetal position penalty signal, is that 2 minutes for being in the womb, you piece of can't-hack-it-in-the-NHL ****?! AHAHAHA, god, I miss my 'stache." 'cause it's the only thing that I can come up with to explain what happened next.
What did I just read

Reactions: Digitalbooya

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
When the FSN guys decided to spend 15 minutes discussing how few goals Brent Burns has this year, and how he's taken about the same shots as last year so he had like a 1.8% shooting percentage, did anyone else tell their commentators to shut the living **** up? Bunch of booth Babe Ruths, we're lucky Radagast the Burns didn't hat up on his manic critter sleigh ride. Going to guess they cut off LaPanta finishing that segment by hitting a baseball out to the benches that popped a ref right in the zebra mussels, then shouting down at the writhing official "DUURRRRR! Don't worry flat sack, your wife says I can fill in for you tonight! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Look at that *******! Hey I'm not familiar with that fetal position penalty signal, is that 2 minutes for being in the womb, you piece of can't-hack-it-in-the-NHL ****?! AHAHAHA, god, I miss my 'stache." 'cause it's the only thing that I can come up with to explain what happened next.
Agree 100% I think

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I thought Dumba's OT winners were pretty... Then, Nino.

That play was an excellent example of why he's one of the best possession players in the NHL.

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
Having just one of either Lapanta and Greenlay would be bad enough but having both of those annoying clowns on the same broadcast is torture. They feign like they are objective most of the game but then all the sudden they are so stupidly biased that it fogs their vision. I wonder if FSN cares that so many fans can't stand their announcers.

Reactions: TaLoN

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Lapanta isn't bad...although sometimes he does get homerish a bit. Funny thing is I feel like Greenlay has almost become more objective this year...he'll make comments about how we get away with things sometimes or that the team isn't playing good. The problem is he doesn't really have anything interesting to say usually...becomes so much more apparent when you listen to other good broadcast teams (specifically LA and SJS...TSN games with Ray Ferraro, etc.)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Lapanta isn't bad...although sometimes he does get homerish a bit. Funny thing is I feel like Greenlay has almost become more objective this year...he'll make comments about how we get away with things sometimes or that the team isn't playing good. The problem is he doesn't really have anything interesting to say usually...becomes so much more apparent when you listen to other good broadcast teams (specifically LA and SJS...TSN games with Ray Ferraro, etc.)
LaPanta had THE worst goal call in history. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad