Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
sjm-sharks-0108-091.jpg

Winners of two straight on home ice, the San Jose Sharks conclude a three-game homestand Sunday night when they host the Wild at SAP Center.
The Sharks are coming off a 5-0 drubbing of the Ottawa Senators on Saturday in San Jose. Five different Sharks players scored goals, led by Logan Couture's winner 12:55 into the game. Couture also finished with two assists. Backup goaltender Aaron Dell made 25 saves for his second shutout of the season.
Couture leads the Sharks with 25 points, including 15 goals this season. He's the only San Jose player in double digits in the goal-scoring category. Joe Thornton has five goals and 15 assists.
Martin Jones is likely to start in goal. He's 11-7-1 with a 2.42 goals-against average and a .919 save percentage.
In fact, he takes sole responsibility for the deal that sent him to the Toronto Maple Leafs a few months before the Sharks began their run toward eventually facing the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Final.
“I remember talking to some of the guys that January and saying that this was a special group that was going to go on a run. It wasn’t a good year for me, and I tried everything to turn it around and get my game going because I knew that was going to be the year,” Stalock said in advance of possibly starting Sunday night against his old mates. “Not only on the ice, but off the ice you can tell how close they are and how they play for each other. It starts with the leadership group there. It’s an unbelievable locker room and I just had this feeling.”

Wild's Alex Stalock only blames himself for end of his San...

Possible lineup:

Zucker - Koivu - Coyle
Niederreiter - Staal - Granlund
Ennis - Eriksson Ek - Stewart
Foligno - Cullen - Mitchell

Suter - Dumba
Brodin - Murphy
Reilly - Prosser

Stalock
Dub​

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
Finally get to watch this one live and post about it. Looking forward to it, should be a good test. Sharks are rolling but I think Stalock shuts them down tonight. 4-2 Wild.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I hope to stay awake for the game, it's not an awful late start, it's just been a long weekend.

I hope Stalock brings his A-game vs his old team tonight.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I voted lose, because I'm liking the Sharks game more than ours these days, but then I saw the Emma Stone .gif, so now I'm not so sure.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad