Post-Game Talk: Wild @ Rangers: Lion King Edition

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Kreider's defense has actually been much improved this year. Kreider is simply taking the blame for Nash and stepan playing like crap. AV wont bench nash and stepan so he benches the rookie. Its funny because the rookie is tied for the lead in goals and has played less games than most of the top guys

Agree completely about Stepan and Nash, I kind of said the same thing. I think tonight showed that the difference between mediocre, or frankly lousy, and pretty good is quite small. No matter how you slice it, the Rangers lack size and an enforcer (I'd like to keep McIlrath with the big club), but they have some pretty talented players, and if Nash and Stepan would play to their reputations, and Lundqvist can regain form, I think we can have a pretty good team, certainly a playoff team.

I'd like to get on a roll and be a buyer at trade time in the spring. Next year, we'll have a lot of cap space after the buyout of Richards.

And just FYI, I opposed the Nash trade and did favor trading Gaborik. In a hard cap league, you can't spend 8 million on a 3 million-dollar player.

RothmanHockey

NEW YORK – The Rangers got angry. The Rangers got mean. The Rangers threw their body around. The Rangers won a hockey game.

In perhaps their most complete effort in nearly a month, the Rangers (17-18-2) dominated the slumping Wild (20-13-5, 2-4-0 in their last six games) 4-1 at Madison Square Garden on Sunday night.

The game changed late in the first period. Matt Cooke flew towards an unsuspecting Mats Zuccarello behind the Rangers’ net, shouldering him in the chest. It was a clean hit, even though Zuccarello didn’t see the notorious Cooke coming until it was too late.

John Moore immediately confronted Cooke, who’s been suspended for illegal checks at least four times since 2008, and members of the Rangers bench verbally accosted the Wild forward, who had promised to reform his game after a ten-game suspension for elbowing Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh in 2011.

http://insidehockey.com/rangers-get-angry-get-mean-get-a-win

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Agree completely about Stepan and Nash, I kind of said the same thing. I think tonight showed that the difference between mediocre, or frankly lousy, and pretty good is quite small. No matter how you slice it, the Rangers lack size and an enforcer (I'd like to keep McIlrath with the big club), but they have some pretty talented players, and if Nash and Stepan would play to their reputations, and Lundqvist can regain form, I think we can have a pretty good team, certainly a playoff team.

I'd like to get on a roll and be a buyer at trade time in the spring. Next year, we'll have a lot of cap space after the buyout of Richards.

And just FYI, I opposed the Nash trade and did favor trading Gaborik. In a hard cap league, you can't spend 8 million on a 3 million-dollar player.
we made the right move in the gaborik deal. gaborik has been completely injury prone his whole time in columbus. The nash trade looked good at the time but its starting to look like Lindros a little. i think nash is terrified of getting another concussion and he isnt playing as aggressive. Stepan has just been mediocre maybe the holdout really hurt his game or maybe he just isnt the number 1 C we thought he was

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
"@RothmanHockey: Zuccarello: "We were able to help Cam there maybe a little more than we were able to help Hank the last couple of games.""

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Of course. That's the most important thing, but that doesn't change my opinion on how I think he played during the stretches I was looking at the TV. Hopefully I just looked at the wrong time.
The fact is that usually when Cam starts we win so since we need a nice winning streak we should go with him the next few games

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
we made the right move in the gaborik deal. gaborik has been completely injury prone his whole time in columbus. The nash trade looked good at the time but its starting to look like Lindros a little. i think nash is terrified of getting another concussion and he isnt playing as aggressive. Stepan has just been mediocre maybe the holdout really hurt his game or maybe he just isnt the number 1 C we thought he was

Brassard is a bit up and down, but he showed in the playoffs last year that he has a lot of talent in the right situation, he was by far the best Ranger forward against Boston. Moore has a lot of ability, just needs time and some defensive coaching, he also has been playing as if he'll be benched if he makes a mistake. I like Dorsett a lot as a hard-working fourth-liner/agitator. All for a Gaborik who is slowing down and injury prone and eats 7 mil of cap space.

Think you are correct about Nash, but I also think he needs someone to set him up better. Stepan has been awful this year. If he wants the big contract, he needs another 10 pounds of muscle and skating lessons. I think he is a 2C, not a 1C. He kills penalties well, but he is awful on faceoffs. The Wild goal was scored off a clean win against him.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
829120720.gif

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I wasn't really paying attention to the game, but Talbot didn't look good, IMO.

He made a couple of pretty good saves.

Other then that, i'm with you. Not just tonight, but on the whole season. He looks like a capable NHL goalie but he's failed to wow me. I think he's a good backup, but I don't think he'll shine as a starter. Hank needs to wake up if this team wants to go anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad