Post-Game Talk: Wild @ Rangers: Lion King Edition

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Zucc was the POG. MDZ was awsome, he improves soo much when he gets a chance in a top 4 LD role. Awsome play in the neutral zone by Nash on Kreider's goal. Man was he a work horse tonight. Should have had a couple of goals too.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers finally won a home game in regulation in the 9th home game of the month. 2-5-2. Tonight is #10. That is nearly 25% of the home schedule. The most points they can get is 10 out of 20 with a win tonight.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Wild were terrible last night. Their offense is worse than the Rangers. They didn't have much fight or compete in them. The other teams like Winnipeg,Columbus and Calgary had more in their games at the Garden. That team could use Del Zotto who had a good game last night. Those stretch passes worked last night. He found the seams in the Wild.

Pistachio

I love your mother
Sep 10, 2013
I'm so disappointed in Nash. I remember one play where he was offside, and literally strolled back. 0 speed. Of course he ended up offside. He had no effort out there. He needs to start showing up instead of acting like a diva out there. He's playing bad.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I'm so disappointed in Nash. I remember one play where he was offside, and literally strolled back. 0 speed. Of course he ended up offside. He had no effort out there. He needs to start showing up instead of acting like a diva out there. He's playing bad.

Nash is starting to remind me of what Gaborik looked like right before he got traded, like he was disinterested, didn't give 100%. Maybe the concussion thing is really weighing on his mind. Now I can't see Teflon trading him, that would be yet another situation where the organization looks clueless trading for a guy then trading him shortly after acquiring him

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
In the same manner that I believe that Kreider and Kreider should be tied at the hip, due to the chemistry they have, I also believe that Brassard needs Zucc as his RW, as the two of them have shown chemistry ever since they were paired up last year when Brassard first arrived. I thought Brassard was superb last night, and he made an excellent play to set up Zucc's goal.

Despite the victory, I still believe this team is best served moving Callahan and Girardi. Hopefully, Pouliot is beginning to raise his trade value.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Sam Rosen made a big deal about Kreider's ice time. Late in the periods,Vigneault always put Boyle or Moore out there as a 2nd center for face-offs in the Rangers zone. He takes off a winger and puts a 2nd center out there. Stepan and Nash play on the 4 on 4. Stepan kills penalties. Nash takes the shift of the player used on the PK. Vigneault doesn't do that with Kreider.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Hurray finally an easy win! Well done Rangers. Some good goaltending, hard work around the puck, team play and some good fortune going on out there for the Rangers. Thank you!

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
The kids really made an impact last night. As jas mentioned, Zucc and Brassard have excellent chemistry together. As do Stepan and Kreider. Seems like Richards works better with Brass and Zucc than Nash does with Step and Kreider.

Del Zotto had a solid game. As did much of the defense. Talbot looked solid enough, but didn't face too many difficult scoring chances.

It's this kind of game that makes me want to hand this team over to the kids. Build on the ones who can get it done.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Sam Rosen made a big deal about Kreider's ice time. Late in the periods,Vigneault always put Boyle or Moore out there as a 2nd center for face-offs in the Rangers zone. He takes off a winger and puts a 2nd center out there. Stepan and Nash play on the 4 on 4. Stepan kills penalties. Nash takes the shift of the player used on the PK. Vigneault doesn't do that with Kreider.

I found that extremely annoying. There's 18 seconds left in period 2, and there's a defensive zone draw, so AV puts out Boyle with Stepan and Nash, and Sam and Joe are babbling about Kreider being benched. Then, the 3rd period, after Kreider had seen at least two prior shifts, Sam is babbling about that being the first time Kreider has seen the ice in a long time. Maybe if you were actually paying attention, you might have noticed Kreider taking regular shifts, Sam.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Just watching the forwards it was a completely different team. They put out effort, they looked like they knew where to be on the ice, they hustles along the boards and getting the puck around.

It's absolute bullsh** that they seem to do this 1 out of every 8 games. If they hate Hank so much then they should demand a trade or suck it up and be professional and play anyway. I mean really besides hating hank what the hell else could be the reason they only show up for this game when talbot is iN?

I said all that before I even saw this quote

"@RothmanHockey: Zuccarello: "We were able to help Cam there maybe a little more than we were able to help Hank the last couple of games.""

Everyone sees it. The F's should be a bit embarrassed of themselves

Last edited:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
he always had the talent whihc is why he was a top 5 pick, If he can play similar to this most games that will help bigtime. We still need nash and stepan to wake up. Stepan has been a major disappointment this year maybe it was missing teh entire training camp. His passing ability has been very suspect this year

Players miss entire halves of seasons and come back and play well. Stepan is inconsistent and flat out sucks this year (compared to what his talent level should allow him to produce) but the half season wasn't a large enough sample size to really determine what we were going to get with him.

Last year he was a complete ghost the first 10-15 games and got hot playing with a possessed Rick Nash It's not a complete outlier bc he's got the talent but hell Anisimov looked like a bona fide first line offensive producer at times too and obviously he isn't so who knows with stepan. Could this man-man system and different D responsibilities also be causing the notoriously not good skater some issues? Could he just be lazy? Does he need a better linemate? Good players flat out produce on their own.

Last edited:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
The kids really made an impact last night. As jas mentioned, Zucc and Brassard have excellent chemistry together. As do Stepan and Kreider. Seems like Richards works better with Brass and Zucc than Nash does with Step and Kreider.

Del Zotto had a solid game. As did much of the defense. Talbot looked solid enough, but didn't face too many difficult scoring chances.

It's this kind of game that makes me want to hand this team over to the kids. Build on the ones who can get it done.

that makes sense because Richards is not a technical player. but he'll absolutely get it done if someone starts it for him.

He's the right guy to center 2 awesome play makers. It just makes sense considering the abomination of a roster that we have

Hate Nash, so much

Last edited:

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Much like in 2010, I am prepared for a transition year. If that means no playoffs, so be it. Trade the valuable assets, get a couple of extra #1 picks, and develop the likes of Miller, McIlrath and Kristo.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Much like in 2010, I am prepared for a transition year. If that means no playoffs, so be it. Trade the valuable assets, get a couple of extra #1 picks, and develop the likes of Miller, McIlrath and Kristo.

Much like 2010, though, we still need an impact player. 2011-12 had Gabby playing really good hockey and Richie giving us center depth we painfully lacked. Now, Nash has to step up or we'll still not going to do anything.

As much as I loved the 2010 team, i'm a little upset that we're back in that position.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I found that extremely annoying. There's 18 seconds left in period 2, and there's a defensive zone draw, so AV puts out Boyle with Stepan and Nash, and Sam and Joe are babbling about Kreider being benched. Then, the 3rd period, after Kreider had seen at least two prior shifts, Sam is babbling about that being the first time Kreider has seen the ice in a long time. Maybe if you were actually paying attention, you might have noticed Kreider taking regular shifts, Sam.

Maybe Sam was paying attention, saw that Kreider had less ice time than any other Ranger and doesn't think that that's a good thing

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
Zucc was the POG. MDZ was awsome, he improves soo much when he gets a chance in a top 4 LD role. Awsome play in the neutral zone by Nash on Kreider's goal. Man was he a work horse tonight. Should have had a couple of goals too.

I've noticed this as well.

Cake or Death

Just watching the forwards it was a completely different team. They put out effort, they looked like they knew where to be on the ice, they hustles along the boards and getting the puck around.

It's absolute bullsh** that they seem to do this 1 out of every 8 games. If they hate Hank so much then they should demand a trade or suck it up and be professional and play anyway. I mean really besides hating hank what the hell else could be the reason they only show up for this game when talbot is iN?

I said all that before I even saw this quote

Everyone sees it. The F's should be a bit embarrassed of themselves

This is spot on and it was the major difference last night. The forwards actually showed up to play hockey. They back checked hard and played with pressure in the neutral zone. It looked like an entirely different team and it took so much pressure off the D and made play in all three zones so much easier. Sadly, MZA is the only forward who seems to do this with any consistency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad