Post-Game Talk: Wild pound Jets 7-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
My only argument has been that PLD and Connor's drop in scoring hasn't been because of Wheeler. He's always been a slow starter, though I admit he's usually turned it around by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
My only argument has been that PLD and Connor's drop in scoring hasn't been because of Wheeler. He's always been a slow starter, though I admit he's usually turned it around by now.
Fair enough. I have seen the “Wheeler is just coming off Covid” argument as well.
If he is negatively affected from Covid then he should rest until he can make a better contribution to the team.
The backers” (supporters) of Wheels and Maurice I would hope would see the head scratching coaching and play on the ice.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Fair enough. I have seen the “Wheeler is just coming off Covid” argument as well.
If he is negatively affected from Covid then he should rest until he can make a better contribution to the team.
The backers” (supporters) of Wheels and Maurice I would hope would see the head scratching coaching and play on the ice.

I'll give Wheeler some more leeway. I think his issues this year are exasperated by Maurice’s usage of him.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I'll give Wheeler some more leeway. I think his issues this year are exasperated by Maurice’s usage of him.
Yep unfair to wheeler to be moved to top line when they were clicking so well. It may not have hurt pld and kfc but it certainly did not help to tamper with a line that was working.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Ever since Wheeler acknowledged that he's been a bit too hard on guys (Laine [Jan 23, 2021]) in the dressing room because he was (self admittedly) desperate to win a Cup..

Well... I think he's overcorrected and the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction.

He's lost a step and become too soft.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
The smartest observation I heard Sawyer make was the mention of how Dean Evason utilizes his bench. Very close to evenly distributed minutes between all 4 lines and all 4 lines are on the same page of what they’re trying to accomplish.

Maybe someone should not so subtly point that out to the brains on the Jets bench. Like why the hell is Maurice too damn stubborn to run 4 balanced lines with close to evenly distributed minutes? WHY?????

Reactions: Orrrules

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
The smartest observation I heard Sawyer make was the mention of how Dean Evason utilizes his bench. Very close to evenly distributed minutes between all 4 lines and all 4 lines are on the same page of what they’re trying to accomplish.

Maybe someone should not so subtly point that out to the brains on the Jets bench. Like why the hell is Maurice too damn stubborn to run 4 balanced lines with close to evenly distributed minutes? WHY?????

Too many fragile ego’s on the Jets, Schief and Wheezer were sulking when they started in on the third line back from Covid!

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Something needs to change. This team when it gets into their ruts really gets into a rut. I have not seen a similar caliber team go through as big of valley's that our team has goes through. Our coaching staff hasn't shown it has a clue how to get this team out of ruts and so we continue in them.

The team upped and quite once it got to 4 nothing today, clearly something is going on here.

How nice of Moe to go back to our hottest line once we are down 5 nothing in a game. Its a line that clearly never should have been tampered with.

Wheeler trys hard but has nothing to give offensively this year, time to reduce his minutes and responsibilities.

Scheifele's floating should have not been tolerated when it started seeping into his game years ago. It was ignored due to the points he put up. Now that there are no points he is essentially useless on the ice.

This team is far too complacent and not nearly dialed in enough. Time for a new voice to come in and see if he can get this group focused.

Moe isn't a bad coach but he's stale here and has been for a while.
I disagree. He is not a good coach. If he was a greek his name would Mediocrates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad