Post-Game Talk: Wild pound Jets 7-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Try to imagine at your work place you bust your ass off to finish a job on time and there's 2 dogf***ers on your crew and the boss comes in and says great job guys you can go home early today but the boss tells you stay to the end of the shift just in case some work orders come in.
How would you feel?
Would you bust your ass off again so someone else gets rewarded?

Actually I would, and have in the past but that is just me. If you bust your ass your job is rarely ever in jeopardy. I'll say one obvious dogf***er here, with a few players who should be playing better and smarter but simply aren't. Wheeler has quite frankly lost a step and what used to work for him is not clicking anymore. Not entirely his fault. Father time and maybe(not as an excuse but simply because I haven't had it so can't comment to that directly) Covid after effects.

Some on the team are hustling all the time and either aren't getting the breaks or the ice time. It seems like when we have the puck it's "juiced" and we can't make tape to tape passes, or are making one too many, we aren't getting enough bodies to the front of the net and though we have Stanley, Dillon and Lowry we may be missing a big bodied agitator who can get under the other teams skin with taking a stupid penalty.

None

Feb 22, 2012
We used to have some real good reporters in this city nowadays we have posers who scribble stupidity

Yeah, it was Mike McIntyre who pointed out in Ken Wiebe/Sean Reynold's podcast how Maurice answered Ken Wiebe's question in the postgame regarding the line blender. Maurice's answer was that he was trying to get players away from eachother. McIntyre's interpretation was that he was subtly calling out Ehlers because he moved Ehlers down the lineup rather than Wheeler.
McIntyre also assumed that Ehlers would be at the top of Maurice's list of players to be called out if he were that type of coach.

Wiebe was more diplomatic in how he framed the question to McIntyre saying "Ehlers somehow ended up on the third line... We saw it before with Patrik Laine when he went through it with a tough go that you put Laine next to Lowry and Tanev because you want to get him back working." and how it was "interesting that it was Ehlers getting bumped down rather than Wheeler."

As a sidenote, I can't find Ken Wiebe's question that they're referring to in Maurice's postgame interview so maybe it was cut before they uploaded the video :dunno:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I still remember marks response to the guy who asked him about Maurices new contract and In his sassy almost egotistical tone 55 says Nobody asked me

That's stood out.

I feel if Ducky is alive he's our coach now. Wonder if Dara Paul and Ducky dying just broke mark

I think it’s a combination of all those things, and likely more. I really think some players have just given up on ever winning with Maurice.
If we’re shaking our heads all the time, year after year, imagine what it must be like to be in the middle of all it.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
How many times did Sawyer try to make excuses for the team? All night long He just wouldn’t stop.
I think I came pretty close to predicting this game. :thumbu:
upload_2021-11-26_19-14-21.jpeg

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
All I can say is one thing - this team needs some changes, same as Calgary did last year, when things looked so bleak. Good thing is, we have the talent here. Need someone to take control.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Try to imagine at your work place you bust your ass off to finish a job on time and there's 2 dogf***ers on your crew and the boss comes in and says great job guys you can go home early today but the boss tells you stay to the end of the shift just in case some work orders come in.
How would you feel?
Would you bust your ass off again so someone else gets rewarded?
Exactly. You hit the nail on the head.
Jets players have given up listening to Maurice.
When he rewards Wheeler with a spot next to PLD and KFC on the top line, plays him a ton, and now gives him the prime passing role on the #1 PP despite 0 goals, 5 assists and a team worst -3 players see that hard work and production does not equal fair opportunity.
This guy is the captain and highest paid player on the team yet is laughed at for the way he plays each night.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
I'll say it again: I'd say Wheeler may be our hardest worker.
But Maurice has to stop playing him in the top 6 and on the PP.
Put him on the 3rd line, utilize his speed, smarts and size against weaker matchups and he'll be an asset.
I agree with this. I respect Wheeler’s heart and work ethic (unlike Scheif). However, he is being grossly mismanaged and deployed incorrectly.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Wheeler only a -1 on a night where the Jets gave up 7 goals (2nd best among the Jets forwards). The PP looked the best it has in weeks now that Wheeler is back to the right halfwall running it. Yet he is getting repeatedly singled out in the PGT? Never change HF, never change. The loss is on the team as a whole, if you want to single out guys he should be far down on list.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
the only reason why this team is struggling is that they so far they really suck on the road.

man what happened to wheeler? if stastny comes back do you demote wheeler to 4 line or even scratch him from a couple of games?

did Panarin get his glove back?

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Wheeler only a -1 on a night where the Jets gave up 7 goals (2nd best among the Jets forwards). The PP looked the best it has in weeks now that Wheeler is back to the right halfwall running it. Yet he is getting repeatedly singled out in the PGT? Never change HF, never change. The loss is on the team as a whole, if you want to single out guys he should be far down on list.
Do you legit not understand that you're the wrong one regarding your opinion on Wheeler and everyone else is right?

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
at what point are we allowed to criticize wheeler? were at the point where we need actual results, he has 5 points in 15 games playing top minutes and he is the highest paid forward so of course he is going to be the first to take the blame...

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I think it's time to waive Riley Nash, no points in 15 games and really brings nothing to the team other that the fact that he is a right shot
waive harkins and toninato as well call us gus and perfetti if we can do so with the cap
connor pld svech
perfetti scheif ehlers
vesa stastny wheeler
copp lowry gus

play who ever is playing well that night the most mins and boom balanced lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad