Post-Game Talk: Wild @ Jets | MTS Centre | Thu Sep 19, 7pm

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg

I think he :facepalm:'d because he was making a reference, so when you try and correct that.. well, yeah.

And to stay on topic, that was a disappointing game but let's hope it really was just the lack of motivation from guys who've made the team vs an incredibly motivated group of guys trying to make the NHL. If that kind of effort continues in the rest of the preseason / regular season, then we should be worried.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
My big issue with the system is that the players Noel trusts to play they system (Wright, Jokinen and GST) have been consistently less effective than the players that have landed in his dog house.

My hope is that this changes when the personnel and system are more in tune, but I am not certain that this will be the case. Only time will tell.

Having a solid system is one thing. Application is another.

Agreed. Which reminds me of my frustrations with Olli.

While LLW, KSS seem to support pucks well when forechecking in the offensive zone, cycle pucks pretty well, and move pucks to the point for a shot - Olli does not forecheck particularly well, does not cycle the puck well, and seems to try to 'anticipate' where the puck might go, be completely wrong and out of position, allowing an easy breakout for the opposition.

Too many shifts last night, Olli was never within 20+ ft of the puck, the whole shift.

Jroads

Sep 13, 2013
Winnipeg via EGF, MN
Got some facetime at the game, upper left corner. Picture taken from the Winnipeg Jets website. Thanks to whoever put these seats up on Ticket Exchange (Sec 112, row 2), my girlfriend and I enjoyed our first Jets game (even though MN won). Cant wait until we can go to another game. Go Jets Go!

Sept19IMG_1204_slide.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad