Post-Game Talk: Wild at The Powerhouse | 2/21/19 - 7PM - MSG

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The game was a lot more important for the Wild in the west and it shows - they played a strong defensive game so some credits to the Wild coach and team with Erik Staal.

A better team in a game that was more important for them beat us.

You don't think it had to do with difference in nanoseconds of TOI for our 4th line?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
You really think it’s no big deal to leave for him?

Of course it is. But Zucc has been hearing about his name in rumors for two years, he's had enough of the waiting.
Time to finally get it done, no matter how hard it is.

He's mentally ready for this now...whatever happens, happens.

But it's just as tough for his teammates. Read Brooks' article about him and Hank, and you'll know what I mean.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buchnevich89

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
man what a garbage game that was. one of the worst i've watched all season as far as entertainment.

Because they were not focused on the game, they were focused on the TDL.
Nobody, except a few guys, knows who will be here on Tuesday.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
man what a garbage game that was. one of the worst i've watched all season as far as entertainment.
Yeah they couldn’t do anything at 5v5. Just s terribly flat effort.

Hayes looked like he was somewhere else, understandably.

Top line couldn’t get anything going.

I though Buch, Vladdy, Chytil and Lias all looked pretty good. Tony D had some dynamic shifts in the offensive zone.

Pionk was a complete tire fire all over the ice. I don’t know what this coaching staff is seeing that nobody else is. He still gets top pair duty with Staal, despite Tony and Staal being the much stronger combination in every way, and he still gets PK time despite looking completely lost and out of his element every time. I swear when Pionk is on the PK it’s a goal against 75% of the time. Best case scenario is we scramble endlessly and the goalie bails him out with tough saves. He’s just so overmatched, I really don’t see an NHL level defenseman there and yet Ruff seems to think he’s a defensive stalwart. He’s also not making good passes up the ice, not hitting open men in the offensive zone, not doing much of anything aside from the odd spin move.

I get that the team is weak all around and the defense overall is an issue but with Pionk I just see a player who is foundering in his minutes, making the same mistakes he was making last year with no progress at all, if anything he’s regressing and looks worse every game. Then you have a player in DeAngelo who has been making great strides this year, looks like a way better player than he did last year and is progressing nicely in all aspects of his game especially defensively and yet it seems the coaching staff prefers Pionk. I don’t get it.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I had the best date of my life... anyone wanna fill me in on how we played, what the buzz is and what happened w the trades that never happened?
So obviously the most exciting part of your night was your date...and that's a good thing. Game was super boring. Good result for trying last stretch run to get a top 5 pick somehow. No trades or trade rumors to report. Nieves was healthy scratched while Lias played. Led to some speculation that maybe Lias being showcased...or maybe Boo being traded?
Hayes, Zucc and McQuaid played. McQuaid got hurt early and didn't return. You didn't miss much.

Reactions: Riche16

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Yeah they couldn’t do anything at 5v5. Just s terribly flat effort.

Hayes looked like he was somewhere else, understandably.

Top line couldn’t get anything going.

I though Buch, Vladdy, Chytil and Lias all looked pretty good. Tony D had some dynamic shifts in the offensive zone.

Pionk was a complete tire fire all over the ice. I don’t know what this coaching staff is seeing that nobody else is. He still gets top pair duty with Staal, despite Tony and Staal being the much stronger combination in every way, and he still gets PK time despite looking completely lost and out of his element every time. I swear when Pionk is on the PK it’s a goal against 75% of the time. Best case scenario is we scramble endlessly and the goalie bails him out with tough saves. He’s just so overmatched, I really don’t see an NHL level defenseman there and yet Ruff seems to think he’s a defensive stalwart. He’s also not making good passes up the ice, not hitting open men in the offensive zone, not doing much of anything aside from the odd spin move.

I get that the team is weak all around and the defense overall is an issue but with Pionk I just see a player who is foundering in his minutes, making the same mistakes he was making last year with no progress at all, if anything he’s regressing and looks worse every game. Then you have a player in DeAngelo who has been making great strides this year, looks like a way better player than he did last year and is progressing nicely in all aspects of his game especially defensively and yet it seems the coaching staff prefers Pionk. I don’t get it.
Pionk gives a higher pick when the season is over. That's the only explanation I can see.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I will regret my decision in the morning, and my two year old will punish me, but I'm gonna have to brave this one through.
Wow, you don't do this often. Joined 2010? Never have seen u before......probably would have noticed the avatar. Well, welcome back. I guess. Zuccha fan? I presume? That's why?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I generally like what Gorton has done, but this is the decision that I've had the biggest gripe with so far.
There just "has to be" a "grand master plan". Pushing him out.....yeah, seems to be right now. (That 1 year deal must have had lots of verbage to it though......promises, hand shake?)
Agree though, if he NEVER returns, and we sign Panarin off season then please tell me how we moved 5 steps forward?
Hayes + Panarin speeds up everything. Can u imagine Hayes dishing to Panarin?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He did last year vs Nashville when they decided the Preds were treating them like *****es and trying to hurt them after Vesey got concussed. Zucc rocket launched some dude into their goalie and McDonagh started cracking heads and magically all that **** stopped

My most memorable one. To the point of recording off TV!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Boudreau is like that crazy uncle who lives down on Pompano Beach who you visit like once in 25 years out of obligation
Hey, i take umbrage with that statement. I live in Pompano, and obviously a bit crazy. My nieces better not see your post, or I am gonna have to make phone call.....u know what I mean? Just one phone call.

Reactions: will1066

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I swear he is where plays go to die unless he gets the puck in open ice
In general, we aren't a bad passing team (imo), but we are "really bad" in accepting them. Just NOT crisp, rarely anyway. Way too many passes cannot be handled when they are thrown around anything more than a 10mph one. Pathetic, like stone hands.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Wow. The refs have been horrible the past few games.
Don't really have a big problem with it for right now. Kind of helps us along.......maybe Bettman sent the refs a letter after he finally has come to the realization, that the Rangers are a BIG MONEY MARKET for the NHL, and the league NEEDS the Rangers to NOT BE a downtrodden team? Not that they will, but still.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Trip and high stick on one play. Only one called.
Yes, 2 separate penalties. And BOTH been called, that would have been quite the make-up call, especially since they were legit. Maybe Minny felt guilty, because obviously for a while, they thought they could get away with anything.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
His shot (lack thereof) is the only thing stopping him from being a perennial 5o point defenseman.
Something to work on in the off season? I mean, players can improve on that.....can't they? Serious question. Proper technique and torque and all that. Accuracy? Practice, practice and get with someone that has a clue. Whelp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad