Post-Game Talk: Wild at Rangers - December 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
They came out perfect other than the size so decorating them might be complicated. :laugh:

I like him quite a lot but it would be interesting if they also added a defenseman to the crew lol.

I wish Brian Leetch would come back and do a few cameo appearances. Hands down for me anyways, I got more concise analysis from him. I don't think he fits the mold of what they want though, and possibly he was never interested enough to do it more. I liked him.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Where to start? AV scratching Skjei...brilliant. Why? I almost get the feeling this has something to do off ice like he made an @%^ out of himself at the Christmas party or something about that Barstool video rubbed management the wrong way. No other reason. Clearly management sending a message to him to be more mature. Rangers D lose like half their speed without him.

I don't know what it is historically with this team and Christmas time but ever since I've been watching nearly 30 years, this team always lays an egg around holiday time and picks it up around after NYE. I know NYC is an awful place to be during the holiday season and it's ugly and cold outside, but these guys are playing a kids game.

Lundqvist was awful. I don't know if he's just been around NYC too much or become too much of a socialite or diminishing skills, but he's clearly not at the top of his game 100% anymore. This is why I really wanted Shetyorkin here next season to start doing a Beezer/Richter thing with him for two years.

The team is playing without a full line and it's showing. They're not dynamic. Hayes and Miller are still young players who can't carry a team every game, Vesey is a rookie. I've had it with Puempel, nothing special with him, Hrivik is a 13th forward who can cycle and play well positionally but nothing else. Vesey needs to be with skilled players. Fast and Lindberg are fine in limited roles but they aren't top 9 players short term.

Pirri at least provided some comedy on the PP. He was shooting at every chance. Reminds me of the kid in a group project in school who does no work and realizes once peer evaluations are 30 percent of the grade, desperately tries to edit the Power Point slides or send out emails as team leader to put in effort.

If any D need a break it's Girardi and Klein. Both should be rotated in and out. Both look shot.

Stepan's line played a great game.

The good news is that after they get done with Mr. 1-3-1 and Ott (Anderson will be in goal :help::help::help::help::help:) they go on a road trip where they play some awful teams and then come back for what should be a revenge game against Buffalo. By that point the reinforcements should come back. So not all is lost.

Still, this team is like Voltron; at full force they're a beast but one little dent in their armor and all starts going to crap. Need to address the D and get a tough bottom line forward who can grind and score a little.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but with that being 10 games for Hrivik, he now has to be put on waivers to go back to the AHL?

5MinMajor*

Dec 1, 2016
It was ugly. We need Nash, Buch, and Mika back.

We need them back and to only start Raanta for the rest of regular season. Let Hank sit and have his hissy fit and see if he's capable of playing after some time to think about how slow and ineffective he has been.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
So Nash, Zibanejad and Buch come back and we just win every game 8-7? Seems like a plan that can not fail.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Lmao saying Lundqvist was cooked after he came off an AMAZING three win streak.

**** off with the "Lundqvist is done" crap.

He wasn't strong tonight, but he's far from done.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Goaltending wasn't 100% tonight, but the team was ABSOLUTELY ATTOCIOUS in their own end.

Goaltending was not the main deciding factor tonight. Played a part, but come on. Be smart for once.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
At least we get Papa Johns

One of the few decent things left living in the NY area (don't mean to be so negative I just hate the holiday time around NYC..most overrated time of the year) is ma and pa pizza. Papa John's is an insult to anyone who has grown up in NY/NJ/CT and should only be eaten by midwesterners or southerns who think "Nu Yawkaz Tawlk Like Dis"

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
So Nash, Zibanejad and Buch come back and we just win every game 8-7? Seems like a plan that can not fail.

The roster when those 3 are (hopefully) all back and healthy at the same time is not necessarily the final roster for the season. Getting healthy is the first step, and while I know no team can count on all their integral players being healthy at the same time, this triple whammy injury thing has been pretty impactful.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
It was ugly. We need Nash, Buch, and Mika back.

I so so agree with this Mac. At the very very least, Nash is essential for this team of ours to have a true chance to win a game that doesn't require either Hank or Raanta to have to stand on their heads.

I said it on the GDT, when Nash doesn't play, it is so obvious and noticeable especially on nights like this when we had basically just one line going. Withought Nash, we simply don't have enough firepower. After Step, Zucc and Kreids, we have no other fwd who can score consistantly. Hayes, Miller and Grabs are being forced now to play 2nd line type of minutes. They aren't 2nd line type players. They did their best work and were most effective when they were playing 3rd line minutes and going against 3rd-4th line type opponents. They just aren't skilled enough.

Put Nash in the lineup and he than makes a Vesey that much more dangerous and you can put whoever you want as the third member of that line. We basically are missing a full #1 line and too many of our fwds are being forced to play unsustainable important minutes which let's be frank, they aren't skilled enough to handle.

Tonight is not end of the world. I have no doubt in my mind once Nash come back, we'll be fine. And once we get Zibs and Buch back, we'll be back to being elite. We just need to figure out a way to win ugly greasy type games in the meantime and hope our goaltending is en fuego.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
One of the few decent things left living in the NY area (don't mean to be so negative I just hate the holiday time around NYC..most overrated time of the year) is ma and pa pizza. Papa John's is an insult to anyone who has grown up in NY/NJ/CT and should only be eaten by midwesterners or southerns who think "Nu Yawkaz Tawlk Like Dis"

Midwesterners and Southerners (and people from PA) have no ****ing clue what pizza is and it's always hilarious that they think their pizza is remotely edible.

5MinMajor*

Dec 1, 2016
Lmao saying Lundqvist was cooked after he came off an AMAZING three win streak.

**** off with the "Lundqvist is done" crap.

He wasn't strong tonight, but he's far from done.

He was not only not strong, he was slow and sloppy and weak. Half of the time he loses his stick from little to no contact and he's painfully sluggish transitioning from post to post. Only time and stats will prove his competence and ability to maintain good play, and i have a feeling it's only going to get worse. Then again that's my opinion and you are entitled to yours as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad