TSN: Wideman suspension reduced to 10 games by neutral arbitrator

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Good luck on that. I love going to Hitmen games. Can't afford NHL tickets, juniors are really reasonably priced, and still tons of fun

I really hope it comes to fruition, I also love Jr hockey and would LOVE to be able to attend live games. Would be an awesome fix considering I only ever get to make 1-2 games a year if that in Calgary.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I really hope it comes to fruition, I also love Jr hockey and would LOVE to be able to attend live games. Would be an awesome fix considering I only ever get to make 1-2 games a year if that in Calgary.
You can have the Hurricanes

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Not surprised by the lawsuit. Personally see an or of court settlement. Won't be anywhere close to what he's asking for through.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Just a thought, Doctors have said Wideman was concussed, right? So should the other officials be named in the suit too? Had they blown the play dead for the player with the head injury, this never would have happened. I think Wideman wins easily and files a counter-suit for defamation of character and the personal trauma this ordeal has caused him.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
As long as the War Room in Toronto isn't on the jury, this should be an obvious win, amirightfellas!?

tom-brady-high-five-fail.gif

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Just a thought, Doctors have said Wideman was concussed, right? So should the other officials be named in the suit too? Had they blown the play dead for the player with the head injury, this never would have happened. I think Wideman wins easily and files a counter-suit for defamation of character and the personal trauma this ordeal has caused him.
I don't see the Flames or the NHL letting this get to court. There will be an out of court settlement.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Serious question: was the lawsuit filed in the US or Canada? I can't find anything about that. With the amount he's asking, I'm assuming it's in the US. Will it go anywhere if the event in question happened in Canada?

I seem to recall the Bertuzzi/Moore case was filed in both countries but I don't remember what happened to that.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Serious question: was the lawsuit filed in the US or Canada? I can't find anything about that. With the amount he's asking, I'm assuming it's in the US. Will it go anywhere if the event in question happened in Canada?

I seem to recall the Bertuzzi/Moore case was filed in both countries but I don't remember what happened to that.

Filed in USA, and it was rejected because it happened in Canada wasn't it? So, maybe same will occur with this one?

Then settled out of court in Canada after a few years and it seemed Moore just went quiet (presumably as part of the agreement of the settlement?).

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Filed in USA, and it was rejected because it happened in Canada wasn't it? So, maybe same will occur with this one?

Then settled out of court in Canada after a few years and it seemed Moore just went quiet (presumably as part of the agreement of the settlement?).

This is what happened and I expect it to happen again. If there is a settlement the details have to remain confidential.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't really understand how Henderson has a chance at a civil suit on a play that has already been deemed to be unintentional. To what extent are players liable for accidental actions within a hockey game that lead to injury? If a player shoots the puck and hits a ref in the head, is he liable?

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
No surprise this is the day after we are eliminated. They probably had a gentleman's agreement to not distract the playoff run.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Probably Canada - heard on the Fan960 that the Government of Alberta is one of the plaintiffs to recover some of the medical expenses incurred during treatment.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011

It was filed in a Calgary court as per TSN, not sure about it being filed in US as well.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
No surprise this is the day after we are eliminated. They probably had a gentleman's agreement to not distract the playoff run.

It was filed April 18th... so no, no gentlemen involved as it was the day of the most important game of the season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad