Why will you be a fan, and how much of a fan will you be?

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Who are you currently a fan of?: Might sound strange, but I don't have a team, yet. The reason for that is that I love the league as a whole, so.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I'm considering it because it excites me. I have also never experienced something like this, where you are a huge fan and watch really all, or almost all, games, and are interested in deep about the team in every category you can imagine. I think I miss it. :) And of course the idea of the birth of a new team, being fan from the first day, that's really special.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I will be interested in everything about it as much as possible, as you can only imagine.
IF I decide for that. But it attracts me.

Last edited:

Jamesbay

Oct 19, 2014
Who are you currently a fan of?: Leafs

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: My family is in the process of leaving Toronto and moving to Las Vegas in a few years. It works out perfectly that an NHL team is coming when we move.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Las Vegas will be my primary team, as I will be living their for the foreseeable future. I'll still have the Leafs as my second team of course.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Hello friends.

Since this is a new team and I don't expect any new hockey fans from Las Vegas to have signed up on here yet, I figured we could all fill out this nifty form I have created:

Who are you currently a fan of?: Penguins.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I've been wanting a Western team, but found it awkward to try to get into a team with history already. I'm only 22 and didn't get into hockey until 2008. Since this is the first expansion team I've seen, it's a great opportunity for me to double the amount of hockey I watch. :handclap:

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Las Vegas will absolutely always be second (or worse, if they annoy me) behind my Pens. I'll probably watch their games on nights when the Pens aren't playing, and I might buy a jersey, if they look cool.

HOW ABOUT YOU?

1. Ducks
2. I go to Vegas all the time and think having a team out there is awesome. I also like the opportunity to be a fan from the very first moment on.
3. I'm probably going to watch as many games as I can when the Ducks aren't playing and go out to most of the Vegas-Anaheim games both in Vegas and Anaheim.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Who are you currently a fan of?: Blackhawks

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I've been fighting this battle since I was a young kid. I really believe Vegas is already a great hockey town and we can support the heck out of this team, and we will.

I've spent more of my life in Vegas than anywhere else, I've got a home here, a business here, and I am a Las Vegan. Las Vegas is my team.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: As of about 1:30 Pacific June 22, 2016 I am a Las Vegas fan first and a Blackhawks fan second. When the Hawks are in town, I'll be wearing my Vegas gear.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
OT, but it's awesome seeing Vegas fans already showing up and joining the boards

The more the merrier, glad for you guys getting a team, best of luck to you all

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Who are you currently a fan of?: Jets

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: No history, no reason to hate them. That may change. ;) But seriously, it will just be fun watching a team grow from the ground up.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Jets STH. They will always be #1. But will cheer for the Miners in other games. Especially when you play the Coyotes. But no lingering bitterness there. :laugh:

Last edited:

Freibahlen

Nov 27, 2010
Las Vegas
I will be.

I grew up in GA. I was a Wings fan throughout the 90's and then the Thrashers came. I was fan. Went to many games with my wife and kids. Still own several sweaters.

Then they went to Winnipeg. Not really a shocker. There were some rabid fans but they were too few in number to move the needle.

Back to being a Wings fan. Works out as my wife is from Detroit and a wings fan.

I am just stoked I live where there will be NHL hockey again. :)

Vegas has things going for it that wasn't in GA. There was youth hockey in GA before the Thrashers but it was small and not very well known or followed. Youth hockey is already pretty popular here in Vegas. My kid doesn't play hockey but several of coworkers have kids that do. GA had DIE-HARD football fans. Between the GA Bulldogs, Tech Jackets, Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, and Atlanta Hawks.... there was just no room. It was an uphill battle. In Vegas, there are no top tier pro teams of any sport and only a handful of college teams.

Last edited:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Who are you currently a fan of?: Oilers

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Yeah, I think so. Having a second team to cheer for is something I've wanted for a long time and it seems so much easier to get involved with a team from the first day than jump in mid-stream.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: No, I won't leave my old team. I'll probably cheer for the Oilers over the Vegas team when it comes to picking. That being said, I'll catch as many games as I can, participate with other fans in boards like this one and cheer them as best I can.

Last edited:

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Who are you currently a fan of?: Coyotes

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Have wanted a second team to follow for awhile now, and rooting for other teams with a long history can be awkward at times. Plus, I love the idea of another Sunbelt hockey team, and as we all know, Las Vegas is just so damn cool.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I don't think I'll leave the Coyotes, but I'll definitely make LV my #2 homies.

Mully12

Meh.
Sep 10, 2010
Prescott, AZ
Who are you currently a fan of?: Kings

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Yep! Living in Prescott, AZ, LV is a bit closer than LA so I'm hoping to catch some random games in Vegas. I refuse to spend money in Glendale on the Coyotes as I've had some pretty bad experiences there so LV hopefully will be a breathe of fresh air.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Kings will always be my favorite team, been following them as long as I can remember, but I'll cheer for Vegas against anyone other than LA.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I refuse to spend money in Glendale on the Coyotes as I've had some pretty bad experiences there so LV hopefully will be a breathe of fresh air.

At the risk of taking this thread OT, what sort of bad experiences? Winnipeggers regularly head down to Glendale when the Jets are playing there, and I've never heard of problems on the Jets board.

calvegas04

Jun 23, 2016
Las Vegas
Kings fan

Yes ill support the Vegas team 100%

It will be tricky but ill be a Kings and Vegas fan at the same time. When they play each other ill be one of those annoying fans wearing a Kings hat and a Vegas jersey

Mully12

Meh.
Sep 10, 2010
Prescott, AZ
At the risk of taking this thread OT, what sort of bad experiences? Winnipeggers regularly head down to Glendale when the Jets are playing there, and I've never heard of problems on the Jets board.

Every time I would attend a Coyotes - Kings game I would get heckled the entire game, have had countless things thrown at me, and have had the pleasure of having a $1 beer poured on me. I used to go just to watch games, didn't have to be a Kings - Coyotes game, cause I enjoy the sport, but those experiences completely turned me off of that place.

calvegas04

Jun 23, 2016
Las Vegas
Every time I would attend a Coyotes - Kings game I would get heckled the entire game, have had countless things thrown at me, and have had the pleasure of having a $1 beer poured on me. I used to go just to watch games, didn't have to be a Kings - Coyotes game, cause I enjoy the sport, but those experiences completely turned me off of that place.

Ive had a very bad experience in the Tempe area but mine was from a football game, maybe the fans in the Phoenix area are just different

Mully12

Meh.
Sep 10, 2010
Prescott, AZ
Ive had a very bad experience in the Tempe area but mine was from a football game, maybe the fans in the Phoenix area are just different

Most of the Yotes fans I've met have been real cool people. I play roller hockey with a bunch of 'em. Every fanbase has its problem child fans, I just happened to end up sitting next to them at every game I went to lol.

Back on topic though, really excited to see what this Las Vegas team has to offer and what hockey looks like in T-Mobile Arena.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Flames fan first and foremost. Penguins have been my second favorite team since I was a kid.

I was 10 when the last expansion happened, so I don't remember much. I look forward to following a new franchise from the start just to see how it comes together. I also despise LA, Edmonton and Vancouver, and dislike Arizona and Anaheim, and consider the Sharks as meh. Vegas will automatically become my second favorite team in the Pacific at least.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
Who are you currently a fan of?: Penguins fan since 1987-88.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: As an Oregon resident, I'm a fan of westward expansion. I will follow Las Vegas with hopes that Portland or Seattle eventually land a team that I can root for.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Would never leave the Penguins, but Vegas would give me a team in a city that I love to visit, that's affordable to travel to, and that provides hope that I may get my wish of a more local team in the relatively near future.

Telfo

THRASHERS(and Golden Knights too)
Oct 31, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Who are you currently a fan of?: Nobody(formerly Thrashers)

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?:I've been without a team since the Thrashers relocated. I already had a pre-existing hatred for other teams so I could not just pick a new team. An expansion team is the perfect opportunity for me to care again. I AM READY TO LOVE AGAIN!

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Vegas will be my only team and I will hopefully go back to being a hardcore fan since I haven't been for the last several years. A former Thrashers player or two would make it even easier.

Freibahlen

Nov 27, 2010
Las Vegas
Who are you currently a fan of?: Nobody(formerly Thrashers)

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?:I've been without a team since the Thrashers relocated. I already had a pre-existing hatred for other teams so I could not just pick a new team. An expansion team is the perfect opportunity for me to care again. I AM READY TO LOVE AGAIN!

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Vegas will be my only team and I will hopefully go back to being a hardcore fan since I haven't been for the last several years. A former Thrashers player or two would make it even easier.
I know exactly what you mean. I just don't have the connection to the Wings like I did the Thrashers. I watched the Wings before the Thrashers, watched them after. Thing is... I used to listen to games on the radio when driving. As soon as I got home, the game went on the TV. I went out of my way for it. Not so much with the Wings. I moved to Las Vegas end of last year. It will be nice to get behind a team again. :)

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Who are you currently a fan of?: Nashville Predators.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: That family connection. Brother-in-law and his family live in the area south of McCarron. I also want to see a hockey team succeed there, as I remember all the years where the Thunder were a key part of the IHL in the 1990's.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I will be a fan from afar - but I'm sorry, I'm still all in as a Preds fan.

HeadHeartHands

Jun 23, 2016
Who are you currently a fan of?: Been a Sharks fan since 1993 (they got me into hockey).

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I've been hoping they would get this team since I first heard about the possibility. Being a fan of an expansion franchise, and loving change myself personally (it's just how I'm wired), I really enjoy the idea of expansion. I was too young to see the Sharks go through the expansion process, so watching Vegas pick a name, build their org/roster from scratch will be the most fun I've had in hockey in years (save this current playoff season - go Sharks!).

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I will always be a Sharks fan first, but LV will be my #2 team. I haven't seriously cheered for a #2 team since the 'Avs in the late 90s/early 00s, so this should be fun. I also recently moved away from California, so I don't feel as strange about picking up a new team. I plan to watch and follow LV games and news as much as I do SJ, but when they play head to head, that's where my deeper love for SJ will shine through.

Telfo

THRASHERS(and Golden Knights too)
Oct 31, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I know exactly what you mean. I just don't have the connection to the Wings like I did the Thrashers. I watched the Wings before the Thrashers, watched them after. Thing is... I used to listen to games on the radio when driving. As soon as I got home, the game went on the TV. I went out of my way for it. Not so much with the Wings. I moved to Las Vegas end of last year. It will be nice to get behind a team again. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of former Thrashers fans ended up supporting the new team. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad