Why will you be a fan, and how much of a fan will you be?

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Vegas will be my only team and I will hopefully go back to being a hardcore fan since I haven't been for the last several years. A former Thrashers player or two would make it even easier.

Again, really rooting for you guys to get Mark Stuart. ;)

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
Who are you currently a fan of?: Coyotes

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: It feels to me like fans of the Coyotes and [Aces] will be kindred spirits. [MOD] Your players and games will often be ignored or discounted because of the Canadian and East Coast media biases. West side people gotta stick together (except for the Kings, because eff those sons of *****es).

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Las Vegas is my number 2. Im looking forward to a good rivalry, and wishing the team well otherwise. Just don't draft Dustin Brown and we'll be cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeadHeartHands

Jun 23, 2016

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: It feels to me like fans of the Coyotes and [Aces] will be kindred spirits. [MOD] Your players and games will often be ignored or discounted because of the Canadian and East Coast media biases. West side people gotta stick together (except for the Kings, because eff those sons of *****es).

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Las Vegas is my number 2. Im looking forward to a good rivalry, and wishing the team well otherwise. Just don't draft Dustin Brown and we'll be cool.

Yes and amen to all of this as a Sharks fan — especially that last part! :handclap:

Last edited by a moderator:

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Who are you currently a fan of?:

Nashville Predators

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I'm really excited to see the expansion process unfold having just gotten into hockey when I moved to Nashville in 2000 and was too young to really get what was going on.

I also just moved to L.A. so I can't see the Preds play anymore, and who doesn't love a road trip? :yo:

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Will be my official number 1B team, will have more than a passing interest and will try and catch a few games in LA/Anaheim/Vegas eventually.

Will definitely be posting on the Vegas forum frequently.

Last edited:

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Who are you currently a fan of?: LA Kings, but only superficially.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Because I am LA born, Vegas bred and when I die, I'll be Vegas dead.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I will be heavily emotionally invested. The Kings are now rivals, so they are dead to me (until my beloved team is eliminated).

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Who are you currently a fan of?: Calgary Flames

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: One of my best friends lives in Vegas, and it is the only city in North America that I have visited also I didn't want to leave.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Vegas will be my 1b team, and being the only expansion team since I got into hockey, it will be exciting to support a team from the start.

Mcray

Jul 6, 2015
Who are you currently a fan of?: Oilers

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Starting with a new expansion team will seem fun and fairly exciting

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: 20 years old and only starting to pay attention to hockey around '08-'10. Been a long time lurker of these boards but Oilers will always be my team.

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
Who are you currently a fan of?: LA Kings

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Visited Las Vegas a few times, it's a pretty cool city.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I'll root for Las Vegas unless they're playing the Kings. GKG 'till I die baby!

ICantDriveLV

Jun 22, 2016
Sin City, NV
Who are you currently a fan of?: SJ Sharks

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I was in San Jose when the Sharks were founded. Didnt pay much attention until 99. Now its a fresh start with a new team in Vegas where I live. I cant wait. This team will need die hard fans, I volunteer.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Sorry SJ, you are #2 now.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Who are you currently a fan of?: SJ Sharks

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I was in San Jose when the Sharks were founded. Didnt pay much attention until 99. Now its a fresh start with a new team in Vegas where I live. I cant wait. This team will need die hard fans, I volunteer.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Sorry SJ, you are #2 now.

Welcome to the boards!

I'vex got a Shark fan converting in my house as well, two potentially. I think we'll do just fine.

If you have any questions, just ask. Welcome again.

Redbarchettayyz

Oct 30, 2009
Edmonton
Who are you currently a fan of?: Edmonton

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Watching a team start from scratch will be a cool process, plus I love expansions and new markets, and am super jazzed for Vegas to get their first major pro team. Also, what hockey nerd isn't going to love following a team assembled via expansion draft?
How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I'll be an Oilers fan first and foremost because I hate joy, but I do plan on following and watching LV more than the rest of the other teams in the league. Being a Pacific team will definitely help, plus it will be nice to be invested in the playoffs, since LV will definitely beat us there. I'll probably get a jersey if they look good.

LVNYR

Jun 26, 2016
Long time hf follower, NYR fan and las vegas resident. Thought it was finally time to sign up being that the team could probably use all the support it can get. Dont think i can drop my #1 team but its nice to have another option given the state of the NYR's these days.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Long time hf follower, NYR fan and las vegas resident. Thought it was finally time to sign up being that the team could probably use all the support it can get. Dont think i can drop my #1 team but its nice to have another option given the state of the NYR's these days.

Glad you signed up and welcome to the board.

Hopefully we'll see a lot of you around here, despite being afflicted by that whole Ranger thing. :laugh:

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
Who are you currently a fan of?: Not really a fan of any team. I have varying level of sympathy for teams, some teams I'm almost close to considering "my" team, some I strongly dislike.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I have same feelings as OP and some other previous posters. I'm only 22 too and got into watching NHL around 7-8 years ago, so this is the first expansion team I get to witness. And of course, it's so much easier and more fun to get to start from scratch with others. When visiting home boards of teams, it seems they all have traditions, inside jokes and posters everyone knows, so it's hard to get "in". I'll definitely be following the Vegas boards and try to be part of the whole ride. Also, Las Vegas seems like a interesting place to try it out with hockey.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?:
I'm guessing I'll start out with good sympathies for the team. I really wouldn't mind growing fond enough of the team to call myself a fan. :nod:

CallsignRatBreath

Jun 28, 2016

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I live in arizona, across from laughlin. Ive wanted a vegas team since I learned about hockey. Its gonna be a blast to support this team.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Coyotes will always be #1. But I will also be a huge Vegas fan.

FlavortownGrinder

Feb 11, 2015
Who are you currently a fan of?: Columbus Blue Jackets.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: This is the first expansion team since I've became a hockey fan. I'm excited and really want to see them succeed. I also love Las Vegas - made my first visit there this February, fell in love with it, and would love to live there someday.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Las Vegas will be an instant #2. I will always love CBJ, but they are mismanaged and are 3-5 years away from any kind of steady contention. Las Vegas will keep hockey interesting for me after CBJ face their annual mid-November contention elimination.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Who are you currently a fan of?: Canucks

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: It is hard to be a canucks fan right now. Its not the losing that bothers me, its the lack of direction and the meddling of the owners that bother me. I can stand losing if there is light and hope at the end of the tunnel which is something I can't see with the canucks

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?:The Canucks have 1 year to change my mind but I don't see that happening. I can see them becoming my 1B team and probably my 1a team if the aquilinis don't sell the team or back out of interfering all the time.

A long time ago I also said I would consider moving there if Las vegas ever got an nhl team and now they have and I have wanted to leave Vancouver for a while.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Who are you currently a fan of?: Canucks

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: It is hard to be a canucks fan right now. Its not the losing that bothers me, its the lack of direction and the meddling of the owners that bother me. I can stand losing if there is light and hope at the end of the tunnel which is something I can't see with the canucks

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?:The Canucks have 1 year to change my mind but I don't see that happening. I can see them becoming my 1B team and probably my 1a team if the aquilinis don't sell the team or back out of interfering all the time.

A long time ago I also said I would consider moving there if Las vegas ever got an nhl team and now they have and I have wanted to leave Vancouver for a while.

Well, we're glad to have you on our side. I'm sure Vancouver will pull out, it may take ownership realize a rebuild needs to happen, but these things can't go on forever.

If you want to switch houses, let me know. I'd jump into Vancouver with little hesitation. :laugh:

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Well, we're glad to have you on our side. I'm sure Vancouver will pull out, it may take ownership realize a rebuild needs to happen, but these things can't go on forever.

If you want to switch houses, let me know. I'd jump into Vancouver with little hesitation. :laugh:

haha I just sold my place as I believe this market is going to crash. House prices are way too high.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
haha I just sold my place as I believe this market is going to crash. House prices are way too high.

Hopefully you cashed out. We've been through one of those down here, not to Vancouver levels though. When my friends were buying their houses they were getting turned down with offers $50,000 (or about 20%) over asking. That kind of thing can't last forever.

DJ Omnimaga

Sep 23, 2012
Québec City area
codewalr.us
Who are you currently a fan of?: Jets

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I already have the Sens as close second team and the Nordiques will be first if they come back, but among the other teams I casually follow, there are the Avalanche, Preds and Wings. I think for Vegas it will depend of the players but it won't be in my top 5 favorite teams. I'll definitively take a close look at the team, though, so who knows?

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Casual fan, if I become a fan. I'm sticking with my current teams for the most part (unless Quebec joins the league again)

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Since this is a new team and I don't expect any new hockey fans from Las Vegas to have signed up on here yet, I figured we could all fill out this nifty form I have created:

Who are you currently a fan of?: Vancouver Canucks. :facepalm:

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: West coast team close to me. Family originally from Vegas. Also will be real fun to watch a team built from scratch. Las Vegas culture is so unique that it will be fun to watch it rub off on a hockey team.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I'm a masochist which means I'll always be a Canucks fan. But I'll probably follow Vegas as closely.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Who are you currently a fan of?: Nobody(formerly Thrashers)

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?:I've been without a team since the Thrashers relocated. I already had a pre-existing hatred for other teams so I could not just pick a new team. An expansion team is the perfect opportunity for me to care again. I AM READY TO LOVE AGAIN!

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Vegas will be my only team and I will hopefully go back to being a hardcore fan since I haven't been for the last several years. A former Thrashers player or two would make it even easier.

I seem to remember the Ducks drafting you in the fan dispersal draft. I seem to remember being "traded" to the board so the Ducks could move up and draft you. I also seem to remember you only posted there for like a week and stopped. How am I supposed to trust you :sarcasm:

Just playing. Welcome aboard. Welcome to all the former Thrashers fans (and judging from some posts I've seen today, Canadiens fans)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad