Why will you be a fan, and how much of a fan will you be?

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
Hello friends.

Since this is a new team and I don't expect any new hockey fans from Las Vegas to have signed up on here yet, I figured we could all fill out this nifty form I have created:

Who are you currently a fan of?: Penguins.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I've been wanting a Western team, but found it awkward to try to get into a team with history already. I'm only 22 and didn't get into hockey until 2008. Since this is the first expansion team I've seen, it's a great opportunity for me to double the amount of hockey I watch. :handclap:

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Las Vegas will absolutely always be second (or worse, if they annoy me) behind my Pens. I'll probably watch their games on nights when the Pens aren't playing, and I might buy a jersey, if they look cool.

HOW ABOUT YOU?

McspOiler

Feb 27, 2012
Victoria, BC
Who are you currently a fan of?: Oilers

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I've been wanting a Second team, but found it awkward to try to get into a team with history already.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Las Vegas will absolutely always be second (or worse, if they annoy me) behind my Oilers. I'll probably watch their games on nights when the Oilers aren't playing, and I might buy a jersey, if they look cool.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Who am I currently a fan of?: Arizona Coyotes

Why will I be a fan of Las Vegas?: I love the idea of expansion teams. Having been a fan of a team that was relocated to my market, I have always resented the bitterness that shadowed my favorite hockey franchise. But I also had the great privilege of being a Diamondbacks fan on the ground floor, and when we won the 2001 World Series... well, it was a feeling very few other sports fans will ever experience, and experiencing it as a Las Vegas fan would be pretty awesome. I am also a fan of Las Vegas - the city - and want to see them have something to be proud of besides the damn Strip. And finally, I love the idea of a Southwest hockey team that isn't in California - those California folks can be pretty full of themselves sometimes. :naughty:

How much of a fan will I be? Will I leave my old team?: I have been a season ticket holder for the Coyotes for 11 years, so I probably won't ever leave them - but they may leave me someday. :D Las Vegas will be my second-favorite team at least, and if the Mutts relocate eventually, then Vegas will obviously move up to the top spot.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Who are you currently a fan of?:*Rangers

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?:*This is the first expansion I've been old enough to really enjoy, so I always loved the idea of following a team from the beginning.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: LV will always be #2 for me, but I'm going to try and follow them/watch games as much as possible. I'll get a jersey if they look nice for sure.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Who are you currently a fan of? New York Islanders

Why will you be a fan? I've lived in Vegas for 12 years. It'll be nice to have a home town team. The one thing I missed when moving out here from Cleveland, was not having professional sports to support.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team? I'll be a big fan attending as many games as I can. I won't leave the Islanders because I've been with them since I was a wee lad.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Who are you currently a fan of? Ottawa Senators

Why will you be a fan? It will be nice to have a home town team. The last time i lived in a city with a hockey team was many years ago in Atlanta. Also, getting to experience the birth of a team for the first time in my life is very exciting.

How much of a fan will you be? Will cheer for them whenever they are not facing the Sens.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Who are you currently a fan of?: Blue Jackets and Predators, in that order.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Because it makes the relocationists and entitlement complex ghouls squirm, and I am not above schadenfreude. :D And because seeing new folks introduced to a great game through such new teams is awesome and is a thing that should happen more and I want to support that. It's how I discovered hockey, after all.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Mostly casual; I already have two teams front and center. But so long as you're not up against the Jackets or Preds, I'll be cheering for y'all. :thumbu:

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Brand new franchise, it'll be fun to keep up with the entire history of the franchise. Wont be a "fan" exactly but I'll keep an extra close eye in comparison to other teams. I've also visited Vegas twice (Mandalay Bay and Bellagio hotel) and it's one of my favourite vacation spots. A bit of a soft spot for the city.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I'll be 100% Oiler fan, but I'll check in on Vegas every now and then to see what's up. In an Oilers vs. Knights showdown, I'd hope the Oilers lay a beating on Vegas. Never leave my Oilers :)

WickedAxiom

LRossi
Dec 11, 2015
Who are you currently a fan of?: Red Wings and Rangers.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I'm a new fan of hockey, only about a half year or so and so the chance to start fresh with a new team as a new fan is perfect for me.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Yes, I picked the Rangers because when I was younger I visited the city on holiday and got a Rangers sweatshirt. The Red Wings, because I go to the University of Michigan and so they're always on tv. With a new team I can start from scratch and not feel like a fair-weather fan.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Who are you currently a fan of?: Devils and small parts Blues.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Because it'll be fun, and as most pointed out, I'm old enough now to understand the process that went into getting a new team and following a team that is completely new, and seeing the history unfold, should be entertaining

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team? Not a chance. I watched 3 Stanley Cups. Still will root for these buds tho.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Who are you currently a fan of?: Coyotes

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Up until a couple months ago I lived right across the border from Laughlin off and on for 14 years. I was very excited when the talk of Las Vegas possibly getting a team started a few years back since I'd be able to make the drive up there and catch some games during the season. Now that I'm on the other side of AZ and much closer to the Yotes I won't be making those trips but I'll still be cheering for the new team as I still view Las Vegas as a somewhat 'home' for me.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I'll be staying with the Yotes as my #1 now that I've moved. Had I stayed where I was I could see myself eventually flipping as I would have seen Las Vegas as my 'home-town' team (even if they technically weren't). I'll definitely see Las Vegas as my #2 team, however, how closely I'll follow them remains to be seen.

Mr Hands

Feb 9, 2008

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I spent four years of my life in Vegas and its like a second home to me. I will always be a die-hard Oilers fan but I am hoping to become a true Vegas fan. I plan of following them as closely as I follow the Oilers

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: As mentioned above, I'm gonna try to become a die-hard Vegas fan however, when to comes to Oilers vs Vegas. I'll likely side with the Oilers

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Current fan of : Flyers
Will I be a fan : will definitely be a follower, as I LOVE Vegas, coming there in 2 weeks for my third time,,,,,, this year
Will never leave old Flyers, but wish Vegas nothing but the best !!

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
Who are you currently a fan of?: Penguins.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: It's my home city.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?:

I will try and support the home team as much as I can! Wanted to get season tickets but with a new little one at home I thought it would be difficult to make 41 games. I will definitely look into 10 or 20'game package. I won't ever leave my main team but will love supporting this team.

segelrj

Jun 22, 2016
Ohio via Las Vegas
Who are you currently a fan of?: Bruins

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Las Vegas is my hometown, born and bred, lived there from my birth in '87 until I moved to Ohio for school in '06. It will always be home to me.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I will be a huge fan. I'm already saving up to buy a few hundred dollars worth of merch when it gets released sometime this Fall and if I move back there following graduation, then I'll do my best to get a season ticket package. I'll always love the Bruins, I've supported them since I was a kid, but they'll have to become my secondary team. Las Vegas is home, Las Vegas is a part of me, and to finally have a team that I can truly call my own hometown team, nothing could surpass that.

oilersfan87

Jan 18, 2009

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I'm also 22 and really started getting into hockey in 2008, so I never got to see an expansion team before. I'm looking forward to follow a new team from scratch and if I ever visit Vegas again I'd definitely attend a game.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Las Vegas will probably be my second favourite team. I'll try to watch their games if the Oilers aren't playing and I'll try to watch highlights from any of their games I miss. I might even buy a Las Vegas jersey if they look nice.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Who are you currently a fan of?: Blue Jackets and Predators, in that order.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Because it makes the relocationists and entitlement complex ghouls squirm, and I am not above schadenfreude. :D And because seeing new folks introduced to a great game through such new teams is awesome and is a thing that should happen more and I want to support that. It's how I discovered hockey, after all.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Mostly casual; I already have two teams front and center. But so long as you're not up against the Jackets or Preds, I'll be cheering for y'all. :thumbu:

This, but sub Columbus and Nashville with Carolina and Philly.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
Who are you currently a fan of?: Jets

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: I'm a young hockey fan and this is the first expansion team I have every experienced myself. I think it will be cool to follow them as they work through expansion.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I will be a casual observer and supporter of them as an expansion franchise but I will not leave my old team.

psowrc

Feb 21, 2015
Who are you a fan of? Oilers since 1979

Why Vegas? Been waiting 10 years for a team...my cousin and I bought season tickets on the first day.

How much of a fan...? We finally got our team!!!! Live in Winnipeg and can't wait to give the "screw you" to my co-workers who mocked me last February for putting down a deposit.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Who are you currently a fan of?: The New York Rangers Hockey Club :nod:

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: It will be fun to watch a new team at an amazing new venue. Plus it will be great if the team can make the playoffs & keep the local attention on the NHL & off the NBA.

How much of a fan will you be?
I'll be more than a casual fan; & most likely catch a few games at T Mobile & probably tune into the majority of the teams' games on TV. I'll root for them over anyone other than the Blueshirts. I'm not a merch guy, so you'll never see me wearing a Jersey or a cap. ( I don't own any Rangers merch either, other than my Leetch jersey from '94).

Will you leave your old team?:
As long as I'm alive & watching hockey, I will always bleed NYR Blue. I've been rooting for them since '79, was at all 4 home games of the '94 Finals, including Game 7. Even drove from Vegas to LA for Game 1 of the 2014 Finals. :thumbu: You can't just throw away 37 years of being a fan of one team. At least this guy can't.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Who are you currently a fan of?: Ducks

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: Moved here in 2006. Read on ESPN around 2008 that Vegas was among roughly 8 other cities that could be expansion targets, straight from Bettman's mouth. Since then I've entertained the idea of an NHL team here. I didn't come close to thinking it could even be a reality until around 2014. At first I was a little more neutral about the idea, but as Foley's group continued to build steam, I really got behind it and by the end of last year I was really on board with the idea of replacing Winnipeg as my second team in favor of a possible local team. I've followed every news tidbit, every rumor, I would even check on the progress of T-Mobile arena via the live feed about 2-3 times a week. I started watching the feed when it was just a plot of dirt all the way up to the point that the outer shell was completed, then I'd just drive past it from time to time. Every time I passed the billboards with Vegaswantshockey.com I would get excited. It's been a hell of a ride, and it culminated with loud cheers from me at the bar nearby the NHL Awards red carpet as I heard Bettman say the words I've been waiting to hear all this time.

I'll be a fan of this team because of this experience, and because I honestly love the city I live in and have been waiting for a long time for something that we as locals can put our love into. Something that will give this city a soul beyond being a tourist destination.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: I'm a Ducks fan till the day I die. Even if they go full Edmonton. But as far as I'm concerned I will root passionately for the Vegas team to beat any team not named the Anaheim Ducks 10 times out of 10. I'll get a jersey the first chance I get, and come hell or high water I'm gonna find a way to get a ticket to the first game. If I gotta over pay for one. If I gotta fight someone for them. If I gotta call in every favor I have with people who work on the strip. I'm gonna find a way to be there when the team takes the ice for the first time. I adopted the Winnipeg Jets as a second team because I loved the name, the old jerseys, the Teemu Selanne connection, and it was the first new team to "enter" the league during my time of truly being involved in the hockey world and the NHL's business (I was a fan of the Ducks and hockey since 96 but only in the bubble of the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, I didn't pay attention to the rest of the league since after the last expansion) around 2003.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Ottawa Senators

Moved to Vegas about 3 months ago

As of now I saw Ottawa will always be #1, but attending multiple Vegas games over the coming years and the excitement of a team from scratch just may edge out or at least tie the Sens somewhere in the future.

Bastulon

Jul 11, 2014
Canada
Who are you currently a fan of?: Oilers, otherwise known as yearly sadness.

Why will you be a fan of Las Vegas?: It'll be nice to cheer for a team in the playoffs.

How much of a fan will you be? Will you leave your old team?: Don't have to worry about a team not in the playoffs.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Who are you a fan of? Oilers since 1979

Why Vegas? Been waiting 10 years for a team...my cousin and I bought season tickets on the first day.

How much of a fan...? We finally got our team!!!! Live in Winnipeg and can't wait to give the "screw you" to my co-workers who mocked me last February for putting down a deposit.

Wait

You live in Winnipeg but bought season tickets in Vegas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->