Speculation: Why Tinordi isn't on this yet?

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Yeah, Girardi should really be a target. Still many good years left, enough to have younger d-men ready to take his place in 3-5 years.

Pateryn and Ellis are RHD, but have very limited upside. They could exceed expectations, but a GM shouldn't consider them as more than bottom pairing guys. Then good if they become better than that.

Dietz and Thrower are many years away to contribute to their upside level, if they even reach it. So yeah, Girardi is a no brainer. Given what's coming up, I would say that Bergevin should even overpay for him if needed. His presence would have a domino effect that would make the whole group better, kind of when Hamrlik was signed.
We have Nygren as well who is a RD. Only question is will he ever try N America again. Thought he looked good in preseason.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Obviously Dylan McIlrath - RD - NYR's isn't quite ready for the NHL, otherwise NYR wouldn't have traded for Klein. Perhaps the Habs can shake a deal for McIlrath, it may take another two seasons development, but he could be a solid 5th Dman that can move up to the 2nd pairing if necessary. He also earns a living keeping the dogs at bay, something the Habs need desperately.:nod:

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Obviously Dylan McIlrath - RD - NYR's isn't quite ready for the NHL, otherwise NYR wouldn't have traded for Klein. Perhaps the Habs can shake a deal for McIlrath, it may take another two seasons development, but he could be a solid 5th Dman that can move up to the 2nd pairing if necessary. He also earns a living keeping the dogs at bay, something the Habs need desperately.:nod:

The only thing i see is that he's a RHD, excepted that, Tinordi can do everything McIlrath do. Let's not jump on any right handed dman available in the league.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Why aren't we trying to get Adam Larsson. I believe he's a RD and possibly expendable with all that defense on NJ. They also need fwds.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
We have Nygren as well who is a RD. Only question is will he ever try N America again. Thought he looked good in preseason.

I don't think Nygren would play at Girardi's level before at least 1-2 years of experience in the NHL. If he reaches that level, then trade Girardi. Win-win situation.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Why aren't we trying to get Adam Larsson. I believe he's a RD and possibly expendable with all that defense on NJ. They also need fwds.

He's injured right now, the Devils thought they drafted a player a la Hedman, but he's been a deception. I don't know if Lou is giving up on him yet, but when Volchenkov/Salvador/Zidlicky will retire (or traded away) Merrill/Gelinas/Larsson/Fayne are probably the future defense squad of New Jersey. So i don't see them trading Larsson. Weirdly he's been sent down to Albany, dunno for a conditioning stint or what? :help:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He should have been but I don't mind because he's doing good things in Hamilton including showing off the occasional good puck moving ability. Pateryn should be up for the rest of the year though.

So Tinordi would deserve a call-up based right now?

If those rumors about Beaulieu getting showcased are real, could it just be a matter of the Habs wanting to dispose of Beaulieu before calling up Tinordi? Or would Pateryn be the next-in-line, as Tinordi continues to develop?

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Jagr wanted the moon for playing in the Habs jersey. Tinordi is long future and next year He will be the man with Subban. Diaz, Murray, Bouillon wiill be gone and Markov could be on the table

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Jagr wanted the moon for playing in the Habs jersey. Tinordi is long future and next year He will be the man with Subban. Diaz, Murray, Bouillon wiill be gone and Markov could be on the table

He was good enough last year but this year he isn't? Or is it because Bergevin's management of 24 people thought signing Bouillon and Murray was a better idea?

Dec 2, 2010

If those rumors about Beaulieu getting showcased are real, could it just be a matter of the Habs wanting to dispose of Beaulieu before calling up Tinordi? Or would Pateryn be the next-in-line, as Tinordi continues to develop?
Pateryn needs it as he's older and has been the best defenceman on the team all season.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal

I would be surprised to see MB trade Beaulieu.
We see that he has great skills and he is probably the best d-men in our prospect pool that has a good chance at top-2 if not top-4.
Habs management want to build with the prospect pool.
Seems strange that Jagr who signed for 2M + 2M performance bonus (seems he will likely get those extra 2M) would ask for much more to play with us.

As for Diaz and Markov, MB is negotiating with them.
At this point Diaz is fourth in TOI, second in SH TOI and he can play on the PP.
His -4 is not good but still better than Bouillon, Murray and Emelin.

Bouillon and Murray will most likely be gone.
We will need space for Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn.
But expecting MB to change more than 2 d-men does not fit the pattern up to now. So one of Bouillon, Murray and Diaz will stay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad