Speculation: Why Tinordi isn't on this yet?

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Bingo.

When we look at it, it is a no brainer that bergevin will have to make a move for a true top 4 RD sooner than later.

Let's see:

Left D:
Markov
Gorges
Emelin
Bouillon
Murray
Beaulieu
Tinordi

Right D:
Subban
Diaz
Drewisky
Pateryn

That right side is simply horrible and without any dept. Of course, Emelin is playing on the right side, but it is a no brainer that he would be better on the left.

Habs should trade from those LD, in a package to bring a top 4 RD. Such a move would have a domino effect that would make the whole defense way better, and more ready to include a youngster. And it could mean sacrificing one of Tinordi or Beaulieu, and one of Gorges or Emelin.

We do need a RHD PMD. However, I have a feeling Gorges-Beaulieu will work well. Playing with Gorges will allow Beaulieu to take some risks and play his game. Seeing as he likes to play in the offensive zone, playing on his offside opens up the option for easy one timers from the point and hashmarks.

It will take some adjustment time for him to get used to playing his off side in his own zone, but with his skating and puck skill I think he can do it.

If he can't, then I'd rather sign a RHD in the off season than give up assets for one via trade.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
We do need a RHD PMD. However, I have a feeling Gorges-Beaulieu will work well. Playing with Gorges will allow Beaulieu to take some risks and play his game. Seeing as he likes to play in the offensive zone, playing on his offside opens up the option for easy one timers from the point and hashmarks.

It will take some adjustment time for him to get used to playing his off side in his own zone, but with his skating and puck skill I think he can do it.

If he can't, then I'd rather sign a RHD in the off season than give up assets for one via trade.

If Habs are to pair Beaulieu with Gorges, I would be more comfortable to see Gorges play on his wrong side. He always throw the puck on the boards anyway and doesn't have a physical game.

Moreover, it would be hard for a rookie to learn to play on his wrong side. It would mean at least another year of developpement.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Tinordi reminds me of Patrick Traverse, and it worries me.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Its pretty simple actually... This team can't keep possession of the damn puck. Possession starts with the D. If the D is not able to move the puck up the ice and/or feed the forwards, the opposing team will regain possession. That is why our team scores so many goals with Subban on the ice and why our team gives up so many goals with Murray on the ice.

Tinordi, I love the guy, is not a PMD. In no way would he help our offense, possession, and PP woes. He'd be grst on the PK, but our PK is already doing well enough.

As for Pateryn, the biggest positive people are raving about is the fact that he's right handed. Seriously? We might as well have kept Diaz's kinsmen then. Beaulieu's skillset and skating can actually help this team score goals and get back on track. I don't care which way Pateryn shoots. He may become a solid 3rd pairing D, but his ceiling is nowhere near Beaulieu's, nor is the positive impact he'd bring to the Habs as of now.

It's not that simple, actually.

Possession implies to have the puck , and most of the time the defender will have to take it away from the opposition. That's why you need defenders with size. Taking the puck away can be by stickworking or by seperating the player from the puck. Tinordi can do both because of his reach and his size. While I agree that Beaulieu will help with the transition, Tinordi will help containing the opposing players and eventually retake possession of the puck. And this defense severly lacks grit and size. Tinordi is not a pylon like Murray is, he's actually a good skater and is more confident with the puck than Komisarek ever was. Actually, Tinordi can carry the puck pretty well.

Analyzer*

...but he was playing on the right side in his few games. Was he playing on the right side in LA?

Anyway, it makes things worse...

Then you would have to put Gorges on the right side. That's where Gorges plays the majority of the time.

Tinordi isn't here because his defensive play isn't quite there. At the same time, it's better than Bouillon and Murray, so i don't get it.

habitue*

kYLE Clifford, Lapierre, Cleary, Morrow, Penner...

The guy just said in August that he was interested by Montreral (Actually it was thru his father in law, Guy carbonneau). MB had no idea Morrow would be intrested playing for the Habs before that.

Cleary is done at NHL level.

Penner loves California. No way he moves East.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Tinordi reminds me of Mcdonagh. There was a time when Mcdonagh didn't progress and other prospects like Subban and Fischer were rank better. Funny how that turns out on Fischer. Mcdonagh was a throw in the Gomez-Higgins trade and history was written. Fischer on the other hand was suppose to be our big 6'4" 220lbs 25 mins defenseman aka Braydon Coburn.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Tinordi reminds me of Mcdonagh. There was a time when Mcdonagh didn't progress and other prospects like Subban and Fischer were rank better. Funny how that turns out on Fischer. Mcdonagh was a throw in the Gomez-Higgins trade and history was written. Fischer on the other hand was suppose to be our big 6'4" 220lbs 25 mins defenseman aka Braydon Coburn.

What are you talking about...

:shakehead

hogtownhabsfan*

I'd take Tinordi over Gorges or Emelin right now. But yet Tinordi and his minimum salary rot in Hamilton, while Gorges and Emelin make a combined 8 million a year for the next 4 and a half years.

:shakehead

Dec 2, 2010
He should have been but I don't mind because he's doing good things in Hamilton including showing off the occasional good puck moving ability. Pateryn should be up for the rest of the year though.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Agree we should be giving icetime to one of our big young defencemen rather than Cube and Murray. Would promote Pateryn over Tinordi or Beaulieu though, he's 6'2" 220lbs and leads the Dogs in defenceman scoring and +/- and can fight. He'll be 24 years old this summer we're wasting him.

Who told you Pateryn could fight? He's got two career fighting majors and he's lost both of them, against mediocre competition.... He's not a very good fighter at all... Period.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
He was supposed to be with the Habs this year but Bergevin decided to go full Pejorative Slur singing Briere, adding Murray and keeping Bouillon and Drewskie.

D's drafted the same year but AFTER Tinordi playing in the NHL :

Pysyk - EDM
Faulk - CAR
Merrill - NJ
Marincin - EDM
Gudas - TB
Prout - CBJ

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
He was supposed to be with the Habs this year but Bergevin decided to go full Pejorative Slur singing Briere, adding Murray and keeping Bouillon and Drewskie.

D's drafted the same year but AFTER Tinordi playing in the NHL :

Pysyk - EDM
Faulk - CAR
Merrill - NJ
Marincin - EDM
Gudas - TB
Prout - CBJ
Yeah he went full Pejorative Slur by letting Tinordi develop in the minors which is what is better for him LONG TERM.

Pysyk and Maricin are playing for bottom feeders. Prout and Gudas are 2+ years older than Tinordi. Merrill doesn't play every game, which isn't ideal for his development. Faulk is a stud (on a weak defense btw) and a completely different player than Tinordi.

What they've been doing with Tinordi, Pateryn and Beaulieu is the right way to bring them up in the league.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
He should have been but I don't mind because he's doing good things in Hamilton including showing off the occasional good puck moving ability. Pateryn should be up for the rest of the year though.

Tinordi is gaining confidence in his all round game, Pateryn has been the steady influence both Tinordi & Beaulieu needed in Hamilton. When Bennett rejoins Pateryn in Hamilton, the Bulldogs will have one of the top pairing defences. Add Thrower & Didier and the Habs RHD starts to look promising for the near future, with a little edge to their game too.

Who told you Pateryn could fight? He's got two career fighting majors and he's lost both of them, against mediocre competition.... He's not a very good fighter at all... Period.

We still have not seen the best of Pateryn, combined with Bennett two yrs. ago they were Michigan Wolverines best tandem IMHO. When they are reunited along with the veteran defence Hamilton will display next year, along with an invigorated offence (De la Rose, Collberg & Lehkonen) the Bulldogs & Tinordi will be Calder Cup bound.:nod: You heard it here first!:laugh:

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Tinordi did not show well at all when he was here this year and was sent down. If he is good enough to be here, he would have been back by now, but he isn't.

People are remembering hype about this guy and not looking at reality. They are expecting way too much from him but his future projection looks poor. If he is what he has shown, he certainly is no star and will most likely be a bottom tier defenseman at best.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Tinordi did not show well at all when he was here this year and was sent down. If he is good enough to be here, he would have been back by now, but he isn't.

People are remembering hype about this guy and not looking at reality. They are expecting way too much from him but his future projection looks poor and he will most likely be a 7th defenseman at best.

Good one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad