Why they traded Hall (article)

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Yeah and if there's anything to that it says a lot more about the braniacs running the team than it does about Hall.
or maybe it speaks more about really how much of a problem hall was "behind the scenes" so to speak.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Please point us to where anyone from the media reported about the organization being upset about Hall accommodating McDavid? Is this more of your "trust me bro my source is legit, I have no proof but trust me I'm an insider" crap?

As MacT said: "If you have to ask the question..."

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
or maybe it speaks more about really how much of a problem hall was "behind the scenes" so to speak.

That much of a problem and the only smoke we get is from anonymous internet posters? In a market where the local media gets its marching orders to stick the knife in the back of every player who leaves town? Yeah: I call bulls**t on that all day every day.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I have a hard time seeing Hall worse than Kane. Kane wasn't professional in WPG. He was disciplined by the org on a number of occasions for missing meetings etc. A pattern that followed him to Buffalo. I have a hard time siding with a player who was more concerned with going to the NBA all-star game and parting then making sure he was able to get to a team practice the next day. You know the same org that pays him his 5 million salay that must of been incredibly embaresed to have to suspend him for it.

we'll never know. just because hall did not overtly present to the public as more of a problem than kane, doesn't mean he wasn't. in any case, I believe hall was a big problem here and the org was finally fed up with him and maybe made a expedited trade.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
That much of a problem and the only smoke we get is from anonymous internet posters? In a market where the local media gets its marching orders to stick the knife in the back of every player who leaves town? Yeah: I call bulls**t on that all day every day.

ha! the only smoke from posters? ya ok, let's ignore ference, Eakins, scrivens, kassian, klefbom, todd mclellan, etc etc let's ignore that team Canada chose to leave hall off the Olympic team and world cup team. even some of the reasonable hall defenders essentially recognize he was part of the problem here.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Please point us to where anyone from the media reported about the organization being upset about Hall accommodating McDavid? Is this more of your "trust me bro my source is legit, I have no proof but trust me I'm an insider" crap?

funny how hall lovers are so loathe to listen to anything bad about hall yet will gobble up any slight made at yakupov or ference etc from the most unreliable sources. pot meet kettle.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
ha! the only smoke from posters? ya ok, let's ignore ference, Eakins, scrivens, kassian, klefbom, todd mclellan, etc etc let's ignore that team Canada chose to leave hall off the Olympic team and world cup team. even some of the reasonable hall defenders essentially recognize he was part of the problem here.

Except we've gone past the "Hall didn't play the right way" crap to you straight up alleging Hall was an actual cancer in the room who is worse than Evander frigging Kane. If you're gonna go there, you're gonna have to show your work son.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
Yeah, Ference and Klefbom called out Hall for his play ON THE ICE. During seasons where the team is DFL in the league over and over, everyone is a problem. From the players, coaches, and even management. Team Canada may have left him off the roster, just like they left off Seguin, Eric Staal, Claude Giroux, etc. Not being on a stacked Team Canada roster should NOT be an indication of a player's level. Chris Kunitz was on Team Canada over players who would've been much more valuable.

Nobody is ignoring these facts. Hall himself even mentioned that he could have been better here, but in a lot of people's opinions he's the type of player you have patience with and reap the benefits. New Jersey is reaping the benefits of an elite player right now. You've been going through more than 70 pages now, spouting baseless accusations of his off-ice antics with absolutely no proof. "Trust me bro I'm an expert bro, I saw him at the bar bro, he's a cancer bro". Even Bob Stauffer and Mark Spector are saying that Hall's issues were exaggerated, and yet we should believe you, some random dude that Hall's a cancer?

Reactions: frag2

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
funny how hall lovers are so loathe to listen to anything bad about hall yet will gobble up any slight made at yakupov or ference etc from the most unreliable sources. pot meet kettle.
Listen, I'm a reasonable guy. Point me in the direction of these accusations with proof and I'll believe you. Why would I believe in random, baseless bullshit. Just like the Draisaitl and Nurse's sister incident. Who the f*** would believe that?

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
If you google Ryan Smyth Mcdavid the very first link is NHL.com:

Former NHL forward Ryan Smyth said he hasn't been asked but has considered letting Edmonton Oilers prospect Connor McDavid live with his family this season.

"Haven't been contacted at all (about McDavid) ? it's all rumors," Smyth told the Edmonton Journal on Monday. "I haven't put my name forward. It's not that I haven't thought about it though."

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
I agree, but some hall defenders will go up in arms about such a statement. I've heard things about even if hall had scored 50 goals that 2015-16 season the oil would have still traded him and it would have been good only in the fact that it would have gotten them more in the trade. I'm leery of that opinion or heresay but if true it shows you how much they really wanted him gone.

You’re leery of hearsay?
Your whole argument is hearsay!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
That’s your best work yet!!!

Reactions: Supermassive

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
you choose to ignore the mountains of evidence hall was a problem here and you go and roast yak based on little if any evidence?
You're so heavy into this Hall assassination thing you got going on that you actually believe you have 'mountains of evidence'. I feel sorry for you man.

As for my 'little if any evidence', my stand on Yakupov has always been the same. When you ask for a trade twice - without ever doing a damn thing for the team that drafted you or the fans that supported you - then f*** you. You do accept that the little whiner twice asked to to be traded, right? Its a fact, right? Him and his agent thought he'd move right along to stardom somewhere else. Wonder how that's working out for him.

Last edited:

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Yeah, Ference and Klefbom called out Hall for his play ON THE ICE. During seasons where the team is DFL in the league over and over, everyone is a problem. From the players, coaches, and even management. Team Canada may have left him off the roster, just like they left off Seguin, Eric Staal, Claude Giroux, etc. Not being on a stacked Team Canada roster should NOT be an indication of a player's level. Chris Kunitz was on Team Canada over players who would've been much more valuable.

Nobody is ignoring these facts. Hall himself even mentioned that he could have been better here, but in a lot of people's opinions he's the type of player you have patience with and reap the benefits. New Jersey is reaping the benefits of an elite player right now. You've been going through more than 70 pages now, spouting baseless accusations of his off-ice antics with absolutely no proof. "Trust me bro I'm an expert bro, I saw him at the bar bro, he's a cancer bro". Even Bob Stauffer and Mark Spector are saying that Hall's issues were exaggerated, and yet we should believe you, some random dude that Hall's a cancer?

Ference after hall was traded: "To see guys smiling, and just kind of that atmosphere of positivity, it’s really good. The atmosphere in the room had to change — beyond just losing. The vibe and just the attitude towards being a professional had to change, and that did. And Peter (Chiarelli) did that in Boston. He moved guys around that didn’t buy into the atmosphere that he wanted to create which he knows as a winner. And he did the same thing here… This year you’re obviously seeing a step in the right direction with the professionalism of the team, the battle, the way they’re playing on the ice, the way they’re acting in the city or down in the roomJust that culture, I can’t empathize it enough, how important it is to come into a room and to know that everybody has bought in and everybody is going to be there for each other.”

see the bolded... that's off ice stuff too. basically a huge F U to hall.

Reactions: McGhost Division

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
more quotes from ference: "and then you look down the locker and you know that guy is never going to go to war for you. I mean, that’s demoralizing. It kills teams, to not be able to look across and know that guy has got your back just as much as you have his".

"We’ve talked everything to death, honestly. Especially guys that come from different organizations — they know the difference between what works and what doesn’t and what’s positive and what’s not. You feel for coaches that are trying to have the same message. It’s a winning message. I’ve had a lot of success on a lot of teams. The message is the right message and the X’s and O’s are the right X’s and O’s. It’s there, it has to be done (on the ice). To come in here and try to convince guys that they should be excited to play in the NHL and have some pride and not mope around — it’s a joke. It shouldn’t happen at this level. Until guys can figure that part out, it’s going to be a constant cycle. It’s about working hard and learning and not making the same mistakes over and over again. And that’s not something that we’ve been doing. To do it, it has to come from players, from individuals making up their mind to do those things. But we’re hammering the same nail.”

again some off ice stuff in bolded. remember he said this after hall was traded and ebs and nuge were still on the team.....

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
more quotes from ference: "and then you look down the locker and you know that guy is never going to go to war for you. I mean, that’s demoralizing. It kills teams, to not be able to look across and know that guy has got your back just as much as you have his".

"We’ve talked everything to death, honestly. Especially guys that come from different organizations — they know the difference between what works and what doesn’t and what’s positive and what’s not. You feel for coaches that are trying to have the same message. It’s a winning message. I’ve had a lot of success on a lot of teams. The message is the right message and the X’s and O’s are the right X’s and O’s. It’s there, it has to be done (on the ice). To come in here and try to convince guys that they should be excited to play in the NHL and have some pride and not mope around — it’s a joke. It shouldn’t happen at this level. Until guys can figure that part out, it’s going to be a constant cycle. It’s about working hard and learning and not making the same mistakes over and over again. And that’s not something that we’ve been doing. To do it, it has to come from players, from individuals making up their mind to do those things. But we’re hammering the same nail.”

again some off ice stuff in bolded. remember he said this after hall was traded and ebs and nuge were still on the team.....

Ok Andrew

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
You’re leery of hearsay?
Your whole argument is hearsay!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
That’s your best work yet!!!

really, the things ference, klef, scrivens is heresay? Eakins and todd mclellen blowing up on hall on the bench is heresay?

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
So when McDavid and Drai talk well about Hall plus his new team mates in Jersey, they don't REALLY know Hall, but when Ference, a guy who was a terrible captain who did nothing to fire up the team, say something, suddenly it's gospel?

Reactions: Raoul Duke

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Ference after hall was traded: "To see guys smiling, and just kind of that atmosphere of positivity, it’s really good. The atmosphere in the room had to change — beyond just losing. The vibe and just the attitude towards being a professional had to change, and that did. And Peter (Chiarelli) did that in Boston. He moved guys around that didn’t buy into the atmosphere that he wanted to create which he knows as a winner. And he did the same thing here… This year you’re obviously seeing a step in the right direction with the professionalism of the team, the battle, the way they’re playing on the ice, the way they’re acting in the city or down in the roomJust that culture, I can’t empathize it enough, how important it is to come into a room and to know that everybody has bought in and everybody is going to be there for each other.”

see the bolded... that's off ice stuff too. basically a huge F U to hall.

Again: consider the source. All that character crap is going to matter a lot to Ference and plugs like him because they know deep in their hearts that, without the belief in intangibles, dime-a-dozen guys like him would be hard pressed to find work.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
really, the things ference, klef, scrivens is heresay? Eakins and todd mclellen blowing up on hall on the bench is heresay?

Actually, yeah, that is literally hearsay.

Lol at McLellan, the man who would throw anyone under the bus to save his own ass.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010

Yep.
Look it up.

But, by no means, stop what you’re doing. It is highly entertaining.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I mean thats basically how Ference became captain without even putting on an Oilers jersey yet

I have a lot of time for Ference as a human being, but the decision to hand him the C, his play on the ice and his blabbing to the media about stuff in the room really tapped the reserves of my respect for him as a player and professional.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Again: consider the source. All that character crap is going to matter a lot to Ference and plugs like him because they know deep in their hearts that, without the belief in intangibles, dime-a-dozen guys like him would be hard pressed to find work.

lol, give it up. ference knows a heck of a lot more than you about what hall did for the team. again, connor said he appreciated hall taking him in. that's nice. it has little to do with the affect hall had on the room and on ice. so your connor quote means far less in the context of how it affected the oilers than did ference's quotes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad