Post-Game Talk: Why point ? Always need more time..

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Good game by Slafkovsky. Allen was solid too.

Adding Slafkovsky to Monahan line has helped Money, but killed Suzuki/Caufield. Anderson isn't a top 6 player. Slaf is a line driver. He can carry his own line. We need a winger for Suzuki-Caufield.

Guhle had a strong game, as did Matheson before the OT play. Savard was good too.

9 days off now.
That's the thing. Caufield/Suzuki excel at forcing turnovers and mistakes and turning them into rushes and quick plays. But without Slafkovsky, they don't have enough time to get lost in coverage, recover from being pinned against the boards in time to help keep possession, etc. Anderson only creates space on the rush. The ideal thing IMO getting someone, whether its Slaf or not, who has chemistry on the cycle with Suzuki, and together those two create a threat that opponents have to spend most of their shifts paying attention to and turning towards. This would IMO create the best possible conditions for Caufield, who excels at getting lost in the zone when others are distracted.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The last play was not on Matheson, it was cause a Pens player did uncalled interference on Anderson, Anderson fell on his ass and we got that 2 on 1. Matherson was dominant on overtime and during the match.

My most disappointed thing was the team not able to hold a lead in the third and close the book. They simply cannot freaking do it. Fire their assistant coach and hire Jacques Lemaire so he can show them. lol

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The last play was not on Matheson, it was cause a Pens player did uncalled interference on Anderson, Anderson fell on his ass and we got that 2 on 1. Matherson was dominant on overtime and during the match.

My most disappointed thing was the team not able to hold a lead in the third and close the book. They simply cannot freaking do it. Fire their assistant coach and hire Jacques Lemaire so he can show them. lol
Agreed...............they have lost so many leads late this year.

Reactions: Kimota

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
When they come back, Anderson can't play with Suzuki and Cole again.

Someone's gotta sit Marty down on that one and forcefully let him know that combination can't happen anymore.
I'd prefer Ylonen at this point or even RHP would be a better option.
As much as I want Slaf I think we need to leave him be for now.
But you aren't wrong it's like being forced to watch a bad movie.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I know Marty wants Anderson to develop his understanding of "the game", but I'm not sure he has the capacity to. At least, not offensively. What he does have the capacity for is significantly improving his defensive game and his board work. If Anderson is going to be an important player in a playoff team, I think he would be better served shutting down other players and getting more pucks, rather than just playing off the rush only to lose the puck behind the net. They need another option in the top 6, he just doesn't cut it. Seeing how Monahan and Slaf play makes it so apparent.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
RHP has been beyond useless. He should go back to AHL.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
He's done some good things on the PK and has played up the lineup in the past. It can't be any worse than what Anderson is bringing.
I have no issues when we try stuff it's when we don't and continue with things we know doesn't work that I get pissed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad