Post-Game Talk: Why point ? Always need more time..

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I agree with most here regarding Xhekaj, while still having a circus in the net plus an obvious overcrowded D corps.

We should end our weird fixation on having more assets than spots and just play the ones you want to develop.

Reactions: angusyoung

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
It wasn't Evans who was in no man's land when the puck got turned over it was Anderson.
He's the one I seriously question. A north south guy who does not know how to make himself available is not the answer in OT.
No disrespect to Evans. I was just surprised to see him in OT. Sometimes I forget that we don't have much depth at forward.

Yeah people are blaming Matheson for the OT winner. But Anderson is the one who trapped himself behind the net. Causing the 2 on 1. Which anyone who has played D. Knows that Matheson did what he was supposed to do. Take away the pass, and allow the goalie to handle the shooter.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
It took a vintage Crosby pass to tie the game and thought the Habs were the much better team in ot but...that 's the way overtime goes. And that was a must game for Pittsburgh if they are to stay in the playoff race. Not the most entertaining game for sure but the Habs were in it all night.

Edit: And Lars Eller 1,000th game. nice career.

Last edited:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Look at Slafs progression since the beginning of the season.

He's barely played a seasons worth of games and is 19 years old.

The kid is going to be so very good.
That move he made 1 on 1 really impressed me. You can see his confidence growing each and every game. He's even starting to throw his weight around in the corners. At this pace, can you imagine how good he could become?

It took a vintage Crosby pass to tie the game and thought the Habs were the much better team in ot but...that 's the way overtime goes. And that was a must game for Pittsburgh if they are to stay in the playoff race. Not the most entertaining game for sure but the Habs were in it all night.
That was sick. There is no way in hell that Crosby had a chance to look before that pass.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Anderson with the perfect man to man coverage on that goal
Unfortunately he forgot the most important task which is to tie up the opponents stick.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
OuoFB0d.gif

291oOl3.jpg
Dead horse Gif

Don't understand why we cant just lose in regulation stupid at this point
Have you ever heard of fans?

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
That move he made 1 on 1 really impressed me. You can see his confidence growing each and every game. He's even starting to throw his weight around in the corners. At this pace, can you imagine how good he could become?

That was sick. There is no way in hell that Crosby had a chance to look before that pass.
Shooting or passing, don't believe there is anyone close to his skill level on the backhand then Sid in his era. It's a bit of a lost art.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Guess I chose a good game to miss eh? ;)
Overall it wasn't a bad game. I definitely saw a lot of positives.

Shooting or passing, don't believe there is anyone close to his skill level on the backhand then Sid in his era. It's a bit of a lost art.
He's definitely an opposing player that I've watched, that I'll be telling my grand kids about. Agreed, it's a very hard skill to obtain. It just shows how much work he puts into his game. I remember when he first came in the league. He was worse than Dach on faceoffs. Yet tonight at 36 years old, he schooled Suzuki on faceoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad