Player Discussion Why is T.J. Brodie?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I think it's extremely unlikely that any one other than Sheldon Keefe makes the decisions regarding scratches.

It would be an incredibly dysfunctional situation if the General Manager was dictating who should be scratched.
There isn't a GM in the league that doesn't discuss the players with the coach. Keefe said they talk everyday, what do we think they talk about? Coach has the final say, but it's naive to think the GM doesn't push his pov.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think it's extremely unlikely that any one other than Sheldon Keefe makes the decisions regarding scratches.

It would be an incredibly dysfunctional situation if the General Manager was dictating who should be scratched.

Why would it be unlikely? We know Dubas tried to do it with Babcock.

That's why Nick Jensen ended up in Washington and not Toronto in 2017, or 2018, whenever he was traded to Washington.

They had a deal done for him but Dubas wanted Jensen to play with Dermott, and Babcock not only was not going to play Dermott with Jensen, he wasn't going to play Dermott at all if Jensen came in, effectively blocking the trade because the GM tried to dictate who should play, Jensen ended up in Washington.

GM's absolutely try to dictate who should play.

Reactions: DarkKnight

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Why would it be unlikely? We know Dubas tried to do it with Babcock.

That's why Nick Jensen ended up in Washington and not Toronto in 2017, or 2018, whenever he was traded to Washington.

They had a deal done for him but Dubas wanted Jensen to play with Dermott, and Babcock not only was not going to play Dermott with Jensen, he wasn't going to play Dermott at all if Jensen came in, effectively blocking the trade because the GM tried to dictate who should play, Jensen ended up in Washington.

GM's absolutely try to dictate who should play.

So you believe it's likely that Sheldon Keefe isn't the final word on the roster?

You believe that the General Manager is telling the coach who should be dressed and who should be scratched?

It's strange, because the "example" you have offered up here is proving my point, not yours. The General Manager *did not* dictate the roster, the coach did, which is exactly what I said from the beginning.

horner

May 22, 2007
Brodie needs to needs to simplify his game like all our dman .
Our D like to do one extra move to hold onto the puck .
If you are in trouble fire it off the glass don't f*** around withe it.
I put some blame on Keefe's system for wanting to control the puck.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
He's on with the big boys.

I didn't realize he had personal problems. He was awful second half of last season too, to be fair.
He was also still dealing with his father's death, who he was very close to. I don't know how long ago that happened, though.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad