Why is Hockey Canada so slow to acknowledge the Woman's game needs change?

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
You would think it would be painfully obvious during the World Championships and youth tournaments the Canadians are doing something completely wrong with the Woman's game.

Tonight during the gold medal, adds the final piece. The players were slow, weak and pathetic.

The excuse is the American Women can play in college and the NCAA. That's a fine excuse for say maybe a few years, but that excuse has been for the better part of a decade the only excuse.

Hockey Canada likes to promote the Woman's game, but it's clearly not supporting it enough.

Why don't they implement a system, or something to help the young girls to be competitive. Why squander the grassroots movement that took so long to develolpe.

I have my own answer and it's pretty much that Hockey Canada is run by a bunch of morons, just look at the selection process of hiring a loser coach for the woman and the trash hires for the men's committee. Hockey Canada is blind and out of touch with reality. That's my answer.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Hockey Canada is slow to make changes. We’ll need to lose about 2 more Olympics then maybe they’ll reevaluate the system.

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
We literally just won every single Olympic game we've played for the last twenty years before tonight.

We lost in a shootout.

Calm down.

You know what happens to sports organizations that wait to make change when they become complacent, they fall behind. Once you lose your winning generation and don't keep on evolving with your younger generation, you lose the pillars of the foundation. I've seen many sports organizations from all levels of sports fall like this.

Reactions: optimus2861

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
You know what happens to sports organizations that wait to make change when they become complacent, they fall behind. Once you lose your winning generation and don't keep on evolving with your younger generation, you lose the pillars of the foundation. I've seen many sports organizations from all levels of sports fall like this.

We won in Sochi four years ago and literally went to the FURTHEST part of a Gold Medal game that you could possibly go to tonight. Like, wait until they mayyyyyybe lose another Olympic game or a few exhibition games in a row before you start announcing athletes that have won multiple Gold medals as pathetic.

You literally post "once you lose your winning generation" one HOUR after a team loses their first Olympic game in TWENTY years. Last time they lost in the Olympics, I was eight years old and wondering how the hell to catch a Mewtwo. Honestly, just calm down and take a step back from your perspective homie.

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
lose the gold medal game in extra rounds of the shootout... "The players were slow, weak and pathetic."

getta outta here with that nonsense. 4 straight golds before this result

What are the woman doing at the international level, Oh right losing. If Canada actually had competent players, we might actually have a 5th gold medal, but no to your the quality of the girls out there is enough to justify they're ok. Get out of here with your weak standards.

NeoCanuck

Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
What are the woman doing at the international level, Oh right losing. If Canada actually had competent players, we might actually have a 5th gold medal, but no to your the quality of the girls out there is enough to justify they're ok. Get out of here with your weak standards.

You sound insanely ridiculous. You literally said it yourself, a 5TH Gold medal. Up there with the Marco Rubio gun-control quote from tonight.

End this thread.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

so wait the US is now the standard with 1 gold in 20 years?

not hard to see why you have 0 likes. your takes are awful

Reactions: Uncle Rotter

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
You sound insanely ridiculous. You literally said it yourself, a 5TH Gold medal. Up there with the Marco Rubio gun-control quote from tonight.

End this thread.

If this was the mens' team, the amount of criticism they would have received would have been through the roof. Why don't you stop sucking up to the Woman because they won 4 golds. The men have won 3, and we're equally as hard to criticize them if they fail.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Is one country continually winning the gold even good for the sport? They were a shoot out move away from 5 straight golds, lol.

Sometimes you're just due to lose. It's 20 freaking years, let kid sister (USA) have a turn for once. That's kinda how I view it.

NeoCanuck

Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
If this was the mens' team, the amount of criticism they would have received would have been through the roof. Why don't you stop sucking up to the Woman because they won 4 golds. The men have won 3, and we're equally as hard to criticize them if they fail.

Uh, when the Men got knocked out in 2006, there was a repair for the Canadian game because they came in 7th. The same criticism you're talking about, because it was, ahem, warranted.

Our women just lost their first game in 20 years in the Olympics.

This argument is so painfully weak.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I'm pretty confident this is a millennial thread.

Overreacting to Canadian international tournament defeats has been an HFBoards pastime since before millennials were old enough to be allowed to post here.

With that said, I agree with the core point that the US women's program has advanced far more the past 12 years than the Canadian women. Canada used to be better and deeper than the US. Now it seems like the US outplay them more often than not in World Championship and Olympic games.

Reactions: Ilyeu

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
As we saw tonight, speed kills and the Americans have it in spades.

Hockey Canada will wait till 2030 before doing anything though.
Hockey Canada is shit. No wonder there's a decline in boys entering hockey at the grass roots level.

I'm pretty confident this is a millennial thread.
Aren't millennials suppose to be soft? Are you saying you're too soft to discuss something? Are you on a message board and claiming opinions hurt your feelings? Oh I'm sorry, let me find you a safe space.

Uh, when the Men got knocked out in 2006, there was a repair for the Canadian game because they came in 7th. The same criticism you're talking about, because it was, ahem, warranted.

Our women just lost their first game in 20 years in the Olympics.

This argument is so painfully weak.

A painfully weak argument. Maybe if your didn't keep making the same stupid arguement over and over again you'd have a point,

Since 2005 - 2 world championships to 8 world championships by the USA.
Last four u18 Won by the US.

Your arguement is that "hey we win the Olympics all the time, every four years," Chill BRO! If you actually watch the last two performances of women in both Olympics they barely won and competed by the skin of their teeth. If you think the win in Soichi was good, you have rose tinted glasses on.

Nah, but it's all good, because we still have Don Cherry 2002 Nostalgia, cause of the Looney in the centre.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Big thing is that many Canadian players have jobs they need to balance because being a hockey player doesn’t cut it. Agosta has to take a year off from the VPD to even be here.

Are the American players in this same situation?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Big thing is that many Canadian players have jobs they need to balance because being a hockey player doesn’t cut it. Agosta has to take a year off from the VPD to even be here.

Are the American players in this same situation?

Not quite. They went on strike to earn a $2000 monthly stipend year round and other benefits last year from USA Hockey, and convinced USA Hockey to invest in girls' hockey at the youth level. That doesn't really explain how much progress they made relative to Canada in the decade before that, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad