Why are we still here?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah, but this board would be so boring. :D

From what I've seen in this thread so far, we'd mostly all keep being fans of the team even if this forum did not exist.

However, being here is truly what enhances my fan experience, not the nebulous stuff that Geoff is so bullish about.

In the relatively short time I've been here, the current group of Hab Forum users is, without a doubt, the best group of posters I have ever had the privilege of reading. I know there have been individuals who aren't with us and miss them too, but in the aggregate, this group is truly special. I would hate to see any of you leave on account of how the team is being managed or due to ownership behaving erratically and cluelessly.

Those of you who contribute with us, make it so much easier to deal with everything the Habs are throwing at us, in one of worst times to be a fan of the franchise.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
40+ years cheering for Montreal I'm too lazy to figure out another team who'd I'd cheer for, maybe Vegas, but I used to make fun of my friends who were bandwagoners growing up so I'd catch a lot of grief. At the moment I just try and watch good match ups to get a hockey fix and hope Habs can turn it around but I've spent more time watching HFBoards than Habs games this year

Reactions: MaxPacwhereishe

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Only because I live here. If I was born or living in another city, I'd probably be a fan of another team.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
From what I've seen in this thread so far, we'd mostly all keep being fans of the team even if this forum did not exist.

However, being here is truly what enhances my fan experience, not the nebulous stuff that Geoff is so bullish about.

In the relatively short time I've been here, the current group of Hab Forum users is, without a doubt, the best group of posters I have ever had the privilege of reading. I know there have been individuals who aren't with us and miss them too, but in the aggregate, this group is truly special. I would hate to see any of you leave on account of how the team is being managed or due to ownership behaving erratically and cluelessly.

Those of you who contribute with us, make it so much easier to deal with everything the Habs are throwing at us, in one of worst times to be a fan of the franchise.

Same.

This board has made me an even bigger fan and made the experience better.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
I'm only looking forward to the draft. Besides that, nothing really.
i'm not even looking forward to the draft, because you know they're just going to find a way to **** it up :(

to the OP, i'm not sure why i'm still here either. i used to watch all 82 games without fail... this year I watched maybe 10 of them. too depressing.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Truth, same for me, it is rare to get such a knowledgeable group of hockey fans to have a chat with. Some of us agree and some of us disagree and the laughs are awesome and talented people like yourself here that go above and beyond to enhance the experience even more!! Just imagine how we could be if we somehow could turn this around and have an exciting winning team? I still want to say Go Habs Go even as a fan of the team and not how it's currently run.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just don't make it a habit! I was known as a hothead when young and the Viking Battle Axe was always close by.

;)

I don't want to get on your bad side, I've seen too many Viking movies, lol.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

The encouraging part is high draft picks (hopefully not traded away for Gaborik's groin) and that it can only really go up from here.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
I live in Montreal so I will always be a Habs fan... but right now I keep coming back because Bergevin said "expect the unexpected" and he has managed to blow me away many times over. I can't wait to see what's next in a never ending line of terrible decisions.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
To ask why you’re still a fan of the habs is to ask why anyone is a fan of any group of individuals whom they’ve never met and who’s failures they have literally no control over, and who’s succces is not ours.

Every team in the history of teams is going to succeed and suck. And there’s nothing any of us can do but watch. Bergevin made some stupid choices I hate and yet I can say with complete certainty that he wants this tram to win and he’s going to try and add more talented players. He might run it into the ground or he might sign Tavares and draft a stud with our first. The players play.

Remember when George McPhee traded Forsberg for erat. Lamoureillo gave Kovalchuk 17 ****ing years. Yzerman drafted Brett Connelly. David Poile spent 30 ****ing years as a gm before making the finals.

It is a parity league. Bergevin is not wrong in that. I don’t have any more faith in anyone they bring in. They’re all just making the best choices they can. No gm deserves as much credit they get for the masterful decisions they make or the hate for the ooor ones. I know a lot of people are gonna disagree but they are ALL hired to be fired

You can’t just look at individual transactions, you have to look at how successful the franchise is considering all transactions. When you look at that you can see that this is a franchise who finished 28th and has a prospect pool ranked 28th. That’s the team this GM has built.

Reactions: Runner77

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I’ve been a fan since I could ever remember, 4 or 5 years old. I won’t ever switch teams no matter how bad it gets and it’s pretty bad right now.

It’s harder to watch now, not just because they lose but because they play boring hockey and don’t have any players that are really exciting. However I’ll watch every chance I get. Unfortunately most of the games are blacked out in my region since the Sportsnet deal.

I can’t wait to watch this team in the playoffs again, knowing they can contend; going to be awhile though.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Honest question.

Why are you still a Habs fan? What keeps you around?

I’m starting to seriously question my fandom to this franchise after the events of this week, and the rumours about Lefebvre getting promoted. For the first time in my life, I’ve considered leaving this team in the dust.

The owner is clearly as incompetent as the GM, and the indication right now is that isn’t changing any time soon ...

I don't even like this team, but i'll continue to watch them. the Subban trade left a sour taste in my mouth, probably won't get excited until we have a special player on the habs again.

Reactions: MaxPacwhereishe

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Honest question.

Why are you still a Habs fan? What keeps you around?

I have quit from being a Habs fan for quite a while now, I just follow the draft and the NHL in general now. I am not attached to the team results/future, I still lurk here sometimes for the memes.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A fan sticks with the team they love through good and bad times. I’m a Habs fan for Life! You want to change teams? Go ahead, be a bandwagon fan.

Reactions: Forum93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad