Why are we still here?

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Be a
téléchargement (2).jpeg
fan
A fan sticks with the team they love through good and bad times. I’m a Habs fan for Life! You want to change teams? Go ahead, be a bandwagon fan.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I’ve been a Habs fan long enough to witness live, multiple championships. I will always be a Habs fan, though not always a happy one.

And I have to add, because it bugs the **** out of me... you CAN be a Habs fan, while liking individual players on the team, as well as players on others. If the Habs are out of the playoffs, or if it’s a regular game with no impact to the Habs, it’s fine liking those teams also.

That said, I’ll contradict myself and say it is NEVER ok to be a Habs fan and root for Boston.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
A fan sticks with the team they love through good and bad times. I’m a Habs fan for Life! You want to change teams? Go ahead, be a bandwagon fan.

I can't get excited, I mean really excited for any other team. When the Habs aren't in the playoffs then I'm left to cheering against teams I hate but not because I really care about their opponent.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I’ve been a Habs fan long enough to witness live, multiple championships. I will always be a Habs fan, though not always a happy one.

And I have to add, because it bugs the **** out of me... you CAN be a Habs fan, while liking individual players on the team, as well as players on others. If the Habs are out of the playoffs, or if it’s a regular game with no impact to the Habs, it’s fine liking those teams also.

That said, I’ll contradict myself and say it is NEVER ok to be a Habs fan and root for Boston.

Or Toronto.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I can't get excited, I mean really excited for any other team. When the Habs aren't in the playoffs then I'm left to cheering against teams I hate but not because I really care about their opponent.

Strange but I’m enjoying the Bruins beating up on the Leafs! Lol. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Jets go far though. This time last year I was probably more stressed watching the series against the Rangers. I’m at piece with our season as I realized it was lost back in November. Draft day will be interesting.. it’s something to look forward too. Not expecting much this summer but I do admit I’m nervous. I don’t want to be a middle of the pack team

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015

I agree, with Chara and Marchand still on that team I don't know how any self-respecting Habs fan can root for those f'ers.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
One of my favorite posts was in reply to this question on another forum. The answer was simply two words:

To learn

It`s a good place here to learn, rant, chat,etc.

Reactions: Forum93

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Strange but I’m enjoying the Bruins beating up on the Leafs! Lol. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Jets go far though. This time last year I was probably more stressed watching the series against the Rangers. I’m at piece with our season as I realized it was lost back in November. Draft day will be interesting.. it’s something to look forward too. Not expecting much this summer but I do admit I’m nervous. I don’t want to be a middle of the pack team

I'm not enjoying their fans chanting "we want the cup" since game one, gets on my fricken nerves. I may be wrong but I don't recall Habs fans ever chanting that during the playoffs.
Hopefully they meet their demise soon, as PK said take it all away from them. The Jets, then Nashville, then Vegas are the only teams I wouldn't mind seeing go all the way.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I've felt a disconnect with the habs I never thought possible. It's been 5 or 6 years now, and I don't think I'll ever be able to care as blindly as I used to ever again. It's been a one way relationship for too long with this franchise, something has been broken now and it's like letting go of a bad relationship.. I'll still care for them, but never as much as I used to before.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
It's very hard to follow something you love but those that control that discipline are really horrible at what they do. For example I'm a big wrestling fan but for the last five years the WWE and TNA have been abysmal and it's been a fight and struggle to keep watching cause I love wrestling but the product is horrible. And if I stop watching that means stop watching something I love and I see nothing that can replace it. But in 2017 I stopped cause it was too much of a drag. I fear that same may happen to hockey. First of all I hate what happened to hockey with the lack of hate and rivalries so as a product I have a hard time following it and what kept me as a fan was my love for the Habs. But now they f***ed up as much Vince McMahon f***ed up the WWE and they desperately want me to hate them, they are stubborn about not giving me what I want. Radulov restored my love for hockey and the Habs and this f***ing GM Dummy with purple pants gave me the middle finger in my face by not keeping him. I fear that this year was the last straw and I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep going.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Honest question.

Why are you still a Habs fan? What keeps you around?

I’m starting to seriously question my fandom to this franchise after the events of this week, and the rumours about Lefebvre getting promoted. For the first time in my life, I’ve considered leaving this team in the dust.

The owner is clearly as incompetent as the GM, and the indication right now is that isn’t changing any time soon ...

The owner is fine as owner. The problem is he wants to be the president. He shouldn't be the present. His only job regarding the on ice product is to hire a competent GM, and he can't get that right.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Because I'm a Montreal Canadiens fan. And there's not a stupid management that is here temporarily that will make me stop loving this franchise. Bergevin and Molson will never have the upper hand on my love for the Glorieux.
Most def. Moving literally across the world isn't going to stop me from following Habs either.
That said, my invested time in watching games did take a significant hit.
I'm not killing my sleep in order to watch a boring ass team. I stick with it at first, but when it's obvious the team is going nowhere...then meh, I definitely won't put in the same effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->