Why are we still here?

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Honest question.

Why are you still a Habs fan? What keeps you around?

I’m starting to seriously question my fandom to this franchise after the events of this week, and the rumours about Lefebvre getting promoted. For the first time in my life, I’ve considered leaving this team in the dust.

The owner is clearly as incompetent as the GM, and the indication right now is that isn’t changing any time soon ...

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Honest question.

I’m starting to seriously question my fandom to this franchise after the events of this week, and the rumours about Lefebvre getting promoted. For the first time in my life, I’ve considered leaving this team in the dust.

The owner is clearly as incompetent as the GM, and the indication right now is that isn’t changing any time soon ...
Because I like hockey and the Habs more then the people who operate it. Losing and hard moments happen but its part of what makes winning special and it is included in what I love: Hockey.

Cheers,

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Honest question.

Although I've re-named MB The Idiot, I would wait on that rumour. We have enough blame to lay at The Idiot's feet. We don't need to start reacting to rumours.

Also, I'm hoping against hope that The Idiot has just gone through a bad 18 month span of bad luck and poor decisions. I'm praying that he'll wake up.

And if that doesn't happen, I'm still a Habs' fan.

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I'm only looking forward to the draft. Besides that, nothing really.

I’m definitely intrigued by the draft, especially the lottery itself. One of, if not the only thing, that gives me any semblance of hope.

Because I like hockey and the Habs more then the people who operate it. Losing and hard moments happen but its part of what makes winning special and it is included in what I love: Hockey.

Cheers,

Get what your saying, I love hockey too. Cheering for the Habs is all I know. However, my level of hate for the organization is starting to balloon to a point I’m not sure i want to keep cheering for them.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Fifty years of cheering for a team is hard to give up. As my interest in the Habs has waned, sadly so has my interest in hockey. Much rather watch NFL. Cannot wait for the foreskin to be fired, circumcised, cut out the waste. Cannot wait for the brit milah.

beanmachine

Apr 14, 2018
I’m definitely intrigued by the draft, especially the lottery itself. One of, if not the only thing, that gives me any semblance of hope.

Get what your saying, I love hockey too. Cheering for the Habs is all I know. However, my level of hate for the organization is starting to balloon to a point I’m not sure i want to keep cheering for them.
i bet you leafs fans said that multiple times in their lifetime, and not a single one of those people stayed true to their word now that they are good, one day who knows when(unless we get dahlin to speed things up) this team will be good again and everyone will have long forgotten about marcy marc and the stupid bunch

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Honest question.

I have been a die hard since 1971. During Desert Storm in the middle of a conflict I was trying to get Habs scores! I am that much of a fan!

Last night it hit me that Bergevin and Molson have finally gotten me to sway away from this franchise. I am the guy who has flown around the country to see the Habs live. What gives me some hope is that I am not alone in my frustrations when it comes to the lack of direction of this team.
With every stupid move, with the constant lack of accountability (firing horrible employees) I am getting pushed further and further away.

Nicely done Geoff

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Because eventually, if the Habs keep sucking, Bergevin will be gone. And all will be fine because that will be the end of the country club.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
I watched maybe 8 games this season at the beginning of it. Gave up on the team. Still following the team cuz I thought we'd fire Bergevin after the disaster year and early exit last year. This did not happen. I'll follow the team until July 2nd. If I am not satisfied I will be done with this team.

I'v officially watched more playoff games in 3 days then I have watched Habs games this season. Only missed Ana vs San Jose so far. And these start of the playoff remind me why I love hockey. I'll keep cheering for the Jets as I've been following them since they came back and forget about the habs.
Can't believe I used to watch almost every game. Always bought a 5 game package too. All that went out the window when they trade PK.
Curse you Bergevin.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
I have been a die hard since 1971. During Desert Storm in the middle of a conflict I was trying to get Habs scores! I am that much of a fan!

Last night it hit me that Bergevin and Molson have finally gotten me to sway away from this franchise. I am the guy who has flown around the country to see the Habs live. What gives me some hope is that I am not alone in my frustrations when it comes to the lack of direction of this team.
With every stupid move, with the constant lack of accountability (firing horrible employees) I am getting pushed further and further away.

Nicely done Geoff
Friend, don’t despair. These are dark times for the habs to be sure, and it’s frustrating that two buffoons are at the helm, but it looks like you have been through tougher situations than this. Next season is win-win for everybody: bozovin pulls off a miracle and the habs have a good season or the habs tank again and he’s gone.

Reactions: Tyson

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
grew up a habs fan
spent some cherished childhood times watching games with my grandfather, who passed away when i was still young

irrational emotional connection to the bleu blanc rouge runs deep, and keeps me coming back despite no other rational reason to spend any time on such a poorly run business that has delivered a mediocre-at-best product for over 2 decades.

but as bad as the late 90's early 2000's were, these past few years with the arrogance and incompetence of the GM/Owner have really pushed me to the brink.

a matter of time now before the link is fully broken and the negative emotional connection to the brand overwhelms the deep rooted positive ones.

Molson is undertaking a great case study in how to destroy a brand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->