Speculation: Who's left and where will they sign?

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I've never seen so much dislike for a Ufa than I have for Russell. If a GM signs this guy and he fails, he deserves to be ridiculed as fans knowing better than the guy getting paid to know.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Does Pirri have some warts I don't know about? Surprised he wasn't tendered + hasn't signed anywhere yet.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
bit surprised hudler hasn't signed yet...

Let's hope Plekanec can help with a Czech-ish connection there... Hudler could be a great 2nd liner

Patch-Galch-Radu
Hudler-Plek-Gallagher

Could be a GREAT top6

Let DD walk at the end of the year and buyout Emelin so we can resign Radulov, same with Markov

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Does Pirri have some warts I don't know about? Surprised he wasn't tendered + hasn't signed anywhere yet.

He's really good at one thing, shooting the puck. Don't read too much into him not being qualified though. Murray just hates arbitration. He'd rather let guys walk for nothing.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
As a jets fan... Luke Schenn on a 1 year deal interests me. I think he's better than Postma. If not I'd take a chance on Justin Schultz. Feel he still has some upside actually

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Pirri to Carolina makes sense to me especially if he's as useless defensively as everyone makes him out to be. Plug him in with Staal and Stempniak so they can do the heavy lifting defensively and he can just go score.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Even after the Polak signing, I am still hoping Wisniewski signs in TO. But it's probably not happening now. Whatever team does sign him will probably be pretty happy with him this coming season, assuming he is healthy.

And he couldn't have been bought out if he wasn't healthy, right?

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I've never seen so much dislike for a Ufa than I have for Russell. If a GM signs this guy and he fails, he deserves to be ridiculed as fans knowing better than the guy getting paid to know.

This is rediculous. He will get singed and likely slightly over paid because this is free agancy and that tends to happen.

However he is a legit NHL player who can easily play 3rd pair and step up to second if needed. People here acting like he should be out of the league. It's crazy.

HawkeyFanatic

Dec 15, 2007
N/A
Chicago is in the market for 1-2 depth F on 1 year deals.

The max would be about 2M per

I can also seem alot of these FA taking 1 year deals. With Vegas coming in next year, it will open alot of roster spots around the league so they will have their shot at multi year deals.

I would like Hudler but I dont think he takes 1 year at 2M

So likely Sam Gagner and Kris Versteeg to the Hawks.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Let's hope Plekanec can help with a Czech-ish connection there... Hudler could be a great 2nd liner

Patch-Galch-Radu
Hudler-Plek-Gallagher

Could be a GREAT top6

Let DD walk at the end of the year and buyout Emelin so we can resign Radulov, same with Markov

Considering the Habs are close to the cap limit, I don't see them signing anymore forwards, unless Shipachev becomes available. They need to look at getting a partner for Weber. Beaulieu isn't a top pairing guy and Sergachev isn't ready to jump right in. Now, while they could make do til the TDL if they have to, "Price", they should be looking to pry Fowler out of Anaheim. Costs will only increase as the season plays out.
Package next years 1st with a prospect or young roster player and get it done. Bergevin has gone this far down the road, he might as well finish the trip. Stopping short, only makes him look even less qualified.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
If I'm Minnesota, I send one of my Dmen + Coyle/Haula to Edmonton for RNH.
Then I sign someone like Cullen or Gagner as a 3C.

But I guess that just makes too much sense!

AOSC

Jun 26, 2013
Minnesota

Good thing you are not the GM, Coyle and Haula are NOT available.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

. If all you do is look at points ( ignoring RNH's bad season last year), then sure. Coyle is an unusually strong player who is a beast in the corners, and can with stand heavy going from all comers. Hardly describes RNH. Then you want us to add a young talented, Dman on top of that?

There is a reason that Coyle is one of the most asked for players in trade threads.

We like Haula. He is very fast, is starting to flash the offensive skills he had in college( where he, not Nick Bjugstad, led the team in scoring for two years), is a superb defensive player, very good on FO's ( unlike RNH)and costs us a whopping 1M/yr.

Sorry, unless the Dman you are talking about is Christian Folin or Nate Prosser, then the trade you proposed makes no sense for the Wild.

I love Cullen, but he is ancient. Gagner...does he even play anymore? Proposing them as alternatives to Haula is madness. Cullen is likely to come back to MN, and will be our #4C.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Considering the Habs are close to the cap limit, I don't see them signing anymore forwards, unless Shipachev becomes available. They need to look at getting a partner for Weber. Beaulieu isn't a top pairing guy and Sergachev isn't ready to jump right in. Now, while they could make do til the TDL if they have to, "Price", they should be looking to pry Fowler out of Anaheim. Costs will only increase as the season plays out.
Package next years 1st with a prospect or young roster player and get it done. Bergevin has gone this far down the road, he might as well finish the trip. Stopping short, only makes him look even less qualified.

IMO, WE'd need to wait and see how everything pans out.

I think that Beaulieu, paired with a good defensive d-man like Weber, could let his offensive potential talk a bit more. While he might not be a #2D, I could see him get a Barrie type of season if he can express his offensive tools.

Markov-Petry as our 2nd pairing

Giving up a 1st and a prospect for Fowler isnt something I'd do. Team is still lacking a couple of top6 players and I doN,t see the Habs being able to fix that internally

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
I would love Schenn on a 1 year deal. Hes a heart and sole guy that is just a slight step behind at this point. I feel like he could become a good dman in the right system. If Danny Dekeyser can have success i dont see why schenn cant. He needs to play a little more cerebral and a little less erratic.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I get the sense the Oilers will sign James Wisniewski on a cheap 1 or 2 yr deal. And continue to pursue Barrie as reported.

If we get Barrie, a D core of:

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Barrie
Davidson - Wiz

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I get the sense the Oilers will sign James Wisniewski on a cheap 1 or 2 yr deal. And continue to pursue Barrie as reported.

If we get Barrie, a D core of:

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Barrie
Davidson - Wiz

when are you changing your name+avatar ??:naughty:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Word is that the Wild and Cullen have mutual interest, but are waiting for Fletcher to nail down a couple of RFA contracts so he can know how much cap space he has left. Apparently Rutherford is in a similar situation. The figure thrown around is 1M. If the man isn't asking for term, isn't that a REALLY low amount? The man is a Champion, still skates well, isn't tiny, can handle the puck . He scored 32 points last year. That's damn good production for a defensively responsible player.

Shouldn't he be worth at least 2M on a one year contract?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad