who's a worse GM- Chuck Fletcher or Kyle Dubas?

Which GM is the lesser of 2 evils?

• Kyle Dubas

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Chuck Fletcher

Votes: 163 67.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I don't like Kyle Dubas , I have called for his firing but holy shit it's Chuck Fletcher and it's not close.

You can say what you want about Kyle trading draft picks or using the 1st to move Mrazek but you know what he doesn't do?

Kyle isn't out there trading a 1sst, 2 2nds a 3rd and a 4th for Risto and Deangelo

he's not out there taking on Ryan Ellis Anchor contract or signing a pure enforcer to 4 years at nearly 2 million per

Chuck does not know how do spend money.

and you can say "well what about the Marleau trade?'

I don't blame Kyle for that because Lou signed that contract that one is 100% on Lou.

there is A LOT to be critical of Dubas for but when it comes to spending money he's usually pretty good.

Bunting, Kase, Kampf were all great signings last year, the Giordano extension is fantastic

He had a 115 point team last year

Fletcher doesn't do those things he just spends like a drunk in vegas and his team is awful.

In fact he spends like Vegas spends but he's MUCH MUCH worse at it.

my team has some question marks, it has some holes butt I know the Leafs are going to be good next year short of team killing injury

I don't know that with Philly.

Deslauriers isn't a pure goon. Guy is pretty damn good at the pk.

One gm'd a team to 115 points.

The other traded multiple assets for Risto and then decided to re-up him.

HF boards is cringe af at times.

115 point GM and there are ppl making cases for both sides.

You can't make this shit up lol.
The main contributors to that team were already there when Dubas took over. The one he brought in, he just let go to replace him with a shitty goalie in Murray. Now this only kind of make sense as Murray is off the books when Matthews contract is up, so they either have mote money for Matthews, or start over without him.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Dubas took the Leafs all the way from a team that gets bounced in the 1st round to a team that gets bounced in the 1st round, but gets respect in the handshake line. The answer is clear.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Deslauriers isn't a pure goon. Guy is pretty damn good at the pk.

The main contributors to that team were already there when Dubas took over. The one he brought in, he just let go to replace him with a shitty goalie in Murray. Now this only kind of make sense as Murray is off the books when Matthews contract is up, so they either have mote money for Matthews, or start over without him.
Have a look at who was responsible for the pieces of the 105 point team. Have a look at who was responsible for the pieces of the 115 point team. Get back to me.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Dubas took the Leafs all the way from a team that gets bounced in the 1st round to a team that gets bounced in the 1st round, but gets respect in the handshake line. The answer is clear.

Fletcher’s team doesn’t get any respect

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Well, it is Fletcher. But I do not understand Dubas. Get he is in Toronto, trying to have deep playoff runs every year. But at the cost of futures. He is a bit too aggressive on those. At the same time he signed Tavares I grt he didnt know Matthe2s and Marner becoming such a quick kmpact, their best players on their team season one. Already year 2 Tavares contracts is the badest value/cap contract. And he couldnt sell in a reasonable capsogning is equal team success , cause cap. Matthews also kust greedy as well.

Throwing away high picks like he was Ken Holland. A 1st for Nick Foligno?? Woow...
Shore up two top lines, spare on everything else. Dubas is like that kid home at armchair GMing. Dubas, save the 1sts, and load up defense and center first. Then the rest.

He should draft only defenders and goalies the next 3 years. And some centers

Well, it is Fletcher. But I do not understand Dubas. Get he is in Toronto, trying to have deep playoff runs every year. But at the cost of futures. He is a bit too aggressive on those. At the same time he signed Tavares I grt he didnt know Matthews and Marner becoming such a quick impact, their best players on their team season one. Already year 2 Tavares contracts is the badest value/cap contract. And he couldnt sell in a reasonable capsigning is equal team success , cause cap. Matthews also just greedy as well.

Throwing away high picks like he was Ken Holland. A 1st for Nick Foligno?? Woow...
Shore up two top lines, spare on everything else. Dubas is like that kid home at armchair GMing.

Now Dubas, save the 1sts, and load up defense and center first. Then the rest.

He should draft only defenders and goalies the next 3 years. And som

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
I'm fairly tough on Dubas but Fletcher in terms of overall skillset for trading, drafting, signing, cap management, etc. is at the bottom in near every category.

Also this poll is awkwardly worded given the title.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Well, it is Fletcher. But I do not understand Dubas. Get he is in Toronto, trying to have deep playoff runs every year. But at the cost of futures. He is a bit too aggressive on those. At the same time he signed Tavares I grt he didnt know Matthe2s and Marner becoming such a quick kmpact, their best players on their team season one. Already year 2 Tavares contracts is the badest value/cap contract. And he couldnt sell in a reasonable capsogning is equal team success , cause cap. Matthews also kust greedy as well.

Shore up two top lines, spare on everything else. Dubas is like that kid home at armchair GMing. Dubas, save the 1sts, and load up defense and center first. Then the rest.

He should draft only defenders and goalies the next 3 years. And some centers

Well, it is Fletcher. But I do not understand Dubas. Get he is in Toronto, trying to have deep playoff runs every year. But at the cost of futures. He is a bit too aggressive on those. At the same time he signed Tavares I grt he didnt know Matthews and Marner becoming such a quick impact, their best players on their team season one. Already year 2 Tavares contracts is the badest value/cap contract. And he couldnt sell in a reasonable capsigning is equal team success , cause cap. Matthews also just greedy as well.

Shore up two top lines, spare on everything else. Dubas is like that kid home at armchair GMing.

Now Dubas, save the 1sts, and load up defense and center first. Then the rest.

He should draft only defenders and goalies the next 3 years. And som
He took the d and completely flipped it to a very deep d core while keeping decent depth up front.

Rielly Hainsey
Gardiner Zaitsev
Ozhiganov, Dermott, Borgman

To

Rielly Sandin
Muzzin Brodie
Giordano Liljegren
Holl

Make no mistake about it he improved the team. The structure and overall play is much improved from the 105 point team. Despite trading a first for the shell that is foligno, which seems to be your sticking point, he’s actually piled up some nice picks and by all accounts has a decent prospect pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad