Who would you have? Drouin or Ehlers?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Ehler easily. has taken his game to the next level, and should be a 70pt player.
Drouin will be lucky to hit 60

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
It's close. Admittedly I haven't watched much Tampa this year and the homer side of things make me want to say Ehlers but it's a coin flip to me.
How much montreal have you watched, because Drouin doesn't play for Tampa anymore.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ehlers is better. Drouin is in a tough position though... He could be better offensively if he was on the wing where he would have a bit more freedom but since the Habs have no choice, he's in the middle where he doesn't look as good as he would if he could fly down the wing.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
This is Ehlers 100%. I don't know how anyone could say Drouin.

That being said:

• Ehlers has been put in a great spot to succeed
  • Drouin has been thrown to the wolves

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Drouin and Ehlers are both in awkward situations (Drouin with a lot less help though vs Ehlers with a horrible coach)

Drouin could probably do better on a team with more "it" guys, but i think it's pretty obvious by now that Ehlers is better since this topic was originally posted.

Potential doesnt mean anything if you don't reach it. Even if Drouin panned out he would still be marginally better than an Ehlers who is already getting better and putting up the points.

Pretty easy one right now

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Bumping an old thread. Looks like Ehlers seems to be pulling away from Drouin here but still plenty of games left to play.
One thing is Ehlers favor is that he was not asked to move to a new position as the case with Drouin who is still trying to get use to being a first line center (for good and bad) of a team that has such a spotlight on it as Montreal does.

As for this age argument, being less than a year younger is not much of an argument at all.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
eh probably ehlers. though I do love drouin. if he becomes an effective center he could sway this.

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
Drouin is alone in Mtl. He has 5 point in 6 games the second leading forward has 2 point in 6 games....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad