Who would you have? Drouin or Ehlers?

kwikstep

Oct 14, 2017
I haven't seen as much of Drouin, but Ehlers is fun to watch and a super nice guy.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Ehlers is just breaking out now and as I said in pre-season......... He is going to outscore
Laine this year. He had 64 points last year and was so snake bitten ( bad luck). He hit the post 20 plus times and didn't score on about 12 other breakaways. With his speed he is all ways getting break- aways. The bad luck is going to change the other way and the points are going to come in bunches.

Drouin is going get swallowed up under the pressure that is Montreal.

Reactions: Kelly

Rinkrat

Feb 11, 2007
I've always been an Ehlers fan and that hasn't changed. Drouin may have better tools, but Ehlers has a better tool box. When MacKinnon, Drouin and Ehlers were in junior MacKinnon and Drouin got more hype, but at the time I wondered if perhaps Ehlers was actually the one who made the other two look good. So far he's done nothing to dissuade me of that hunch.

Reactions: DashingDane

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Ehlers is ahead already, and only scratching the surface.

Drouin was a terrible waste of one of the few valuable Montreal assets. Didn't address any of their current needs.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Drouin for sure.

He is stuck on a garbage team but he is still insanely skilled.

Ehlers is not that far though.

Close but clear is how I'd put it.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
He played like 10 games with Stamkos last season

He's had 2.5 seasons on the Lightning. His totals have never been that impressive on good offensive teams. We'll see how he does on a bad offensive team.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Yea, but he was playing with Killorn, Filpulla, and Boyle. Not Stamkos.

14-15 - played over 220 minutes with Stamkos
15-16 - spent the most time with Stamkos

Last year was a career high in points because Kucherov was on fire on the PP. Even then, only 53.

He doesn't really come close to Ehlers.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
14-15 - played over 220 minutes with Stamkos
15-16 - spent the most time with Stamkos

Last year was a career high in points because Kucherov was on fire on the PP. Even then, only 53.

He doesn't really come close to Ehlers.

Where did you get these stats?

And 220 minutes is like 16 games with 13 min of ice time. Assuming he played more minutes when he was on Stamkos line, it would be even fewer games.

In 15-16, he only played 21 games. And I doubt he spent most of the time with Stamkos considering he averaged 14:27 of ice time, whereas Stamkos got 19:45 of ice time.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Like em both but Ehlers upside is huge - his recent play leads me to believe we ain't seen nothin yet

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Where did you get these stats?

And 220 minutes is like 16 games with 13 min of ice time. Assuming he played more minutes when he was on Stamkos line, it would be even fewer games.

In 15-16, he only played 21 games. And I doubt he spent most of the time with Stamkos considering he averaged 14:27 of ice time, whereas Stamkos got 19:45 of ice time.

Don't know what you think this means. The forward he played with the most was Stamkos.

Look up naturalstattrick.

The point is that he got his time with Stamkos. Never stuck. Have to wonder why.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Drouin is a very flashy player with mediocre results. And he will never cut it as 1C in the Atlantic. He'll get eaten alive by Eichel, Barkov, Matthews and Stamkos.

Reactions: Aggie204

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Injuries last year. What about before. Stamkos played full seasons they previous two years.

And he and Stammer had very good chemistry going before he got hurt.

The year before he was unfairly in the coach's doghouse. Proved it come playoffs, where he was Tampa's best player in the postseason.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
drouin has just never materialized into his potential. it's hard for me to believe, because im a huge drouin fan...but, at this point, the safe bet is to take ehlers.

Reactions: Aggie204

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
The younger guy that produces more offense
Sure, on an offense packed line...he's the 3rd best player on his line. Bring him in the current habs lineup and 'the younger guy that produced more offense' will not produce shit.

Context ladies en gents, context

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad