Who would win a 7 game playoff series, Toronto or Boston?

Who would win a 7 game playoff series?

• Toronto would win the series

Votes: 267 33.5%
  • Boston would win the series

Votes: 531 66.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
I don't see Bruins fans on EVERY thread comparing the Bruisn/Leafs saying: We added Coyle, Johansson, Moore, Halak, Wagner, Nordstrom (plus healthy Carlo).

BUT

I do see from leaf fans constantly say: "the Leafs have added Tavares and the Bruins have added nothing, therefore we are better" while completely ignoring the fact that lost just as much scoring (JVR/Bozak combined for 97 pts last year). FYI Tavares is on pace for 89.45 pts so the Leafs in fact LOST scoring.

that is LITERALLY pure ignorance.

I acknowledge that the Bruins added some players and I think they are better than last season. None the less, saying the Leafs lost scoring is just as ignorant as Leafs fans saying the Bruins added nothing.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Its close. I think it will be an absolute war. If I had to bet it I would say the Bruins but Leafs are playing well right now too. They could win that series easily.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
think Kapanen getting more 5 on 5 minutes this year vs last where his impact was mostly shorthanded, I think we have too much speed and skill. Having said that, bad goaltending + refs letting both teams get away with murder, will hurt Leafs elite PP.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
think Kapanen getting more 5 on 5 minutes this year vs last where his impact was mostly shorthanded, I think we have too much speed and skill. Having said that, bad goaltending + refs letting both teams get away with murder, will hurt Leafs elite PP.

Kapanen and Johnsson also hit a lot of posts in the last series. I doubt they will be missing as many chances this time around.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
and Yet you're STILL ignoring the improvements that Boston. The only thing that i have done is point out to Leafs fans who say ""the Leafs have added Tavares and the Bruins have added nothing, therefore we are better""
i have read that comment over a dozen times in the past week

and yet you guy's still manage to cherry pick only part of my comment and completely ignore "We added Coyle, Johansson, Moore, Halak, Wagner, Nordstrom (plus healthy Carlo)." like you have done and will continue to do so.

it's incredible how ignorant you are (I wonder if you're going to ignore the fact that the Bruins are a much different team than last year. A much better team than last year)

a)
Nope, I never said anything of the sort.

b)
You're the one who's ignorance is on full display here.

c)
There are literally millions of Leaf fans. Taking something that you've heard "over a dozen times" and applying it to millions is beyond stupid. And then this "like you have done and will continue to do so" comment is doing nothing but trolling for abuse.

Why don't you go back to your sandbox, there may be some adults here interested in having an intelligent discussion.

Reactions: Kelly

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Ill say this. Toronto will probably have a little extra pep in their step in trying to get revenge from last year. Could see them buzzing in a series vs Boston. Sometimes that's all it takes. I feel like Boston would have that against TB.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Its close. I think it will be an absolute war. If I had to bet it I would say the Bruins but Leafs are playing well right now too. They could win that series easily.

Yeah if I had to pick a team today, I hate to say it but I take Boston. For one thing they're ahead in the standings and home ice is very important here and for another, I'm not sure that Gardiner will play again this season. It's super close though, a week from now I might take the Leafs and I wouldn't want to bet on it either way.

Should be a great series!!

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Bergeron had to sit a game in last year’s series due to injury so he likely wasn’t close to 100% throughout the entire series and still had major impact. If he’s fully healthy this season, it probably won’t be as close as a 7 gamer.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Bergeron had to sit a game in last year’s series due to injury so he likely wasn’t close to 100% throughout the entire series and still had major impact. If he’s fully healthy this season, it probably won’t be as close as a 7 gamer.

Because everything else is exactly the same as it was a year ago?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Because everything else is exactly the same as it was a year ago?
No, but my point is that I would stil consider a healthy Bergeron as an addition (Carlo too) this year, even accounting for the impact he had last year.

At the end of the day, I just don’t feel the leafs matchup well vs Boston. Even though Tampa is clearly a better team than both, I feel that Tampa would be a much more favourable matchup for the leafs in comparison to matching up vs Boston.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
No, but my point is that I would stil consider a healthy Bergeron as an addition (Carlo too) this year, even accounting for the impact he had last year.

At the end of the day, I just don’t feel the leafs matchup well vs Boston. Even though Tampa is clearly a better team than both, I feel that Tampa would be a much more favourable matchup for the leafs in comparison to matching up vs Boston.

Begeron was great, not much room for improvement there (if any). Carlo's a different story, he'll help for sure.

As for matching up, Toronto matches up with Boston just fine and that's backed up by their head to head record over the last two years which is close to dead even. I'd prefer to play a weaker team in the 1st round but then, the same can be said for Boston. Boston and Toronto might finish tied for 2nd overall this season and having to face each other in the 1st round is is ridiculous.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I'll say Leafs, the team is better on paper than it was last year and especially on defense. It's not going to be a cake walk for either side, but if Babcock can react to the refereeing climate and the Bruins adjustments a little better than last year I think the Leafs talent prevails.

Kadri was one of the more effective Leafs in the series because he works well in tight spaces in front of the offensive net with little time, so him being there and Tavares who's one of the best players in the league at the same thing I think helps to mitigate the stylistic disadvantage that the Leafs have had

that said, as a Leaf fan there's at least 6 of the playoff teams in the east that I'd rather play and maybe 7

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
If starting tonight which team wins in a best of 7?
Why not look at first page of the polls board at minimum to make sure a thread covering the exact same topic doesn’t already exist before starting another one?

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Voted Bruins. They are running really hot right now, and the Leafs fairly luke-warm. Unless the tables turn in the next month, I think Boston definitely is the favourite to win.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I voted B's but it could be either team

I hope Brandon Carlo stays healthy as he has improved SO much this season. Getting Pasta back will be good for the B's as well. Getting Kevan Miller back will also be a plus.

If the Leafs did beat my team I would be sad but wish the Leafs well (as long as they did not injure any of the B's). Hell....depending on which teams they would face I may even cheer for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad