Who would win a 7 game playoff series, Toronto or Boston?

Who would win a 7 game playoff series?

• Toronto would win the series

Votes: 267 33.5%
  • Boston would win the series

Votes: 531 66.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Anyone as major as Matthews being injured? I think the Bruins equivalent would be one of Pastrnak, Marchand, or Bergeron, but they all looked pretty healthy to me.

Anyways, because the Leafs added Muzzin and Tavares... They take it in 7 this time, because I think it's impossible for this to be any less than a 7 game series.
Fans claiming Matthews was playing hurt when in fact they have no proof to back it up.The thing we do know for sure is he stunk during that series, period.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Reactions: Brock Radunske

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Anyone as major as Matthews being injured? I think the Bruins equivalent would be one of Pastrnak, Marchand, or Bergeron, but they all looked pretty healthy to me.

Anyways, because the Leafs added Muzzin and Tavares... They take it in 7 this time, because I think it's impossible for this to be any less than a 7 game series.

Bergeron missed a game.
When was Matthews injured?

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Mike Babcock teams never go down easy, but they seem to come up short in the series. Most likely a 7 game series. Boston has taken home ice advantage back with how well they’ve been playing the last month and that does matter a lot in the playoffs.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I still don’t love the Bruins forward depth, the drop-off after Bergeron/Pasta/Marchand is still too extreme for me to say Bruins win this without second guessing myself. Krejci is good and DeBrusk seems to be heating up at the right time, but matching the Leafs 2nd and 3rd lines is still going to prove the big challenge. They’re gonna need to play that as close to a wash as possible and have Bergeron/Pasta/Marchand outscore Tavares/Marner/Hyman, which they should. This is why I think the Bruins maintaining home ice in these last 17 games will be crucial. If Cassidy can dictate the match-ups for the majority of the series, they’re in good shape.

I think that's where Coyle addition comes into play. I think they can match up with anyone down the middle now, especially when you factor in the all around play of Bergeron/Krejci/Coyle. That was the biggest challenge when staring in the face of Toronto/Tampa in the East IMO.

Krejci, Debrusk, Johansson, Heinen, and Coyle give them options at least. It's likely Backes makes up the 6th member of the middle-6. These pieces have never actually come together until recently, so concluding what they actually are is difficult. Like Heinen coming off a near 50 point rookie season.... Had just 13 points in his first 49 games... 11 in his last 12. DeBrusk similar circumstances, though he's seeming been scoring goals at a 30 pace clip for most of the season.. Johansson and Coyle new additions, but unquestionable top-9 capable.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Leaf fans are so obvlivious they dont even realize the Bruins added 6 players this year and thats not counting Carlos absence from last years playoffs.

How can can you even have a discussion with such an ignorant fan base.

Literally every thread comparing the Bruins / Leafs theres always a ton of leaf fans stating "Leafs added Tavares, Bruins added nothing"

Seriously???????????????

Halak, Wagner, Nordstrom, Moore, Coyle, Johansson

Thats a phenomenal Backup, 2x wicked PKer's, 2x 40-50 pts middle 6 players and a #4 Defensmen

But yeah the Bruins added "nothing"

This level of ignorance is unbelievable..... But not that suprising coming from that fanbase....
I would like to point out the irony of complaining about ignorance and then generalizing entire fan bases.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Mike Babcock teams never go down easy, but they seem to come up short in the series. Most likely a 7 game series. Boston has taken home ice advantage back with how well they’ve been playing the last month and that does matter a lot in the playoffs.

Not so sure home ice is a major advantage. Last year both the Preds and Jets had the best home ice record for in the league but both teams could only win one of their homes games in the PO's when they played against each other in 7 games.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Funny thing is I think the Leafs match up best to beat the Bolts in the PO's but I don't see them beating the Bruins to get the chance to do this.

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario

Well Bergeron missed a game in that series and he's played with cracked ribs and a punctured lung in the past so it's probably safe to assume that he was playing hurt most of the series.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Well Bergeron missed a game in that series and he's played with cracked ribs and a punctured lung in the past so it's probably safe to assume that he was playing hurt most of the series.

Indeed, but that guy is also a terminator who can play through injuries 90% of the league wouldn't be able to.

Reactions: Neely2005

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
If the leafs lose this series in Toronto, is there any real risk of rioting given the expectations and the history between the two teams ? I don’t mean 10 guys climbing on top of newspaper boxes on Front Street. Something more visceral.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
literally every thread comparing the Leafs / Bruins there's minimum 1-3 comment per page stating this. I'm sorry to say but it's a huge part of the leaf's fanbase.

And when people like you finally get it, there will be no need to keep repeating it.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
If the leafs lose this series in Toronto, is there any real risk of rioting given the expectations and the history between the two teams ? I don’t mean 10 guys climbing on top of newspaper boxes on Front Street. Something more visceral.

No, not really. The Leafs crowd usually gets more depressed than angry. That would be more likely elsewhere in Canada, or maybe at a TFC game.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
And when people like YOU finally get that the Bruins ALSO added players (more than the Leafs) we will stop calling you ignorant/oblivious

You're making incorrect assumptions about what I get or don't get and insulting me based on that. Should I now assume that all Boston fans aren't capable of thinking logically?

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
You're making incorrect assumptions about what I get or don't get and insulting me based on that. Should I now assume that all Boston fans aren't capable of thinking logically?

I don't see Bruins fans on EVERY thread comparing the Bruisn/Leafs saying: We added Coyle, Johansson, Moore, Halak, Wagner, Nordstrom (plus healthy Carlo).

BUT

I do see from leaf fans constantly say: "the Leafs have added Tavares and the Bruins have added nothing, therefore we are better" while completely ignoring the fact that lost just as much scoring (JVR/Bozak combined for 97 pts last year). FYI Tavares is on pace for 89.45 pts so the Leafs in fact LOST scoring.

that is LITERALLY pure ignorance.

Reactions: wintersej

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I do see from leaf fans constantly say: "the Leafs have added Tavares and the Bruins have added nothing, therefore we are better" while completely ignoring the fact that lost just as much scoring (JVR/Bozak combined for 97 pts last year). FYI Tavares is on pace for 89.45 pts so the Leafs in fact LOST scoring.

you realize that when we lost JVR/Bozak/Komarov/etc we actually got to fill those spots with other players, right? Guys like Johnsson and Ennis.

17-18: 3.38 goals per game
18-19: 3.62 goals per game

sorry, I interrupted you. Go on about the fact that the Leafs LOST scoring. LITERALLY pure ignorance amirite.

Reactions: WillTheThrill

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I don't see Bruins fans on EVERY thread comparing the Bruisn/Leafs saying: We added Coyle, Johansson, Moore, Halak, Wagner, Nordstrom (plus healthy Carlo).

BUT

Making generalizations as you're doing is what's pure ignorance in my book. If you really believe that all Leaf fans are that dumb and you're that smart by comparison, then what you should be doing is posting on the Boston board instead of wasting your time here. Yet here you are.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
you realize that when we lost JVR/Bozak/Komarov/etc we actually got to fill those spots with other players, right? Guys like Johnsson and Ennis.

sorry, I interrupted you. Go on about the fact that the Leafs LOST scoring. LITERALLY pure ignorance amirite.

I was thinking of pointing that out but thought it would be a waste of time. You took the leap of faith so my hats off to you for trying at least. :)

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto

i was at maple leafs square that fateful night of 2012, and they crowd was collectively very sad. we all tried to find the nearest bar and a riot was never even close to happening.

I dont see it happening, even if we lose again, even if its in Toronto.

For the love of god, please dont lose to the bruins again

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto

And were not even including Kapanen, whos had 33 more points already compared to last year.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Making generalizations as you're doing is what's pure ignorance in my book. If you really believe that all Leaf fans are that dumb and you're that smart by comparison, then what you should be doing is posting on the Boston board instead of wasting your time here. Yet here you are.

and Yet you're STILL ignoring the improvements that Boston. The only thing that i have done is point out to Leafs fans who say ""the Leafs have added Tavares and the Bruins have added nothing, therefore we are better""
i have read that comment over a dozen times in the past week

and yet you guy's still manage to cherry pick only part of my comment and completely ignore "We added Coyle, Johansson, Moore, Halak, Wagner, Nordstrom (plus healthy Carlo)." like you have done and will continue to do so.

it's incredible how ignorant you are (I wonder if you're going to ignore the fact that the Bruins are a much different team than last year. A much better team than last year)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad