Who Would Make Canada's Roster If There Was Olympics This Year?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Man, Canada is up a creek with no canoe with the goaltending. Even Hill has been sliding lately. Earlier in the season, some guys looked legit (Hill, Ingram) but they have slipped quite a bit since then. Seriously, who do you go with?

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
Man, Canada is up a creek with no canoe with the goaltending. Even Hill has been sliding lately. Earlier in the season, some guys looked legit (Hill, Ingram) but they have slipped quite a bit since then. Seriously, who do you go with?

I think honestly Canada just needs to wait it out and see who is playing well at the time. Give the benefit of the doubt to guys like Binnington or Hill who have won Stanley Cups. Try and get one or two of them over to the spring World Championships. Hope at least one of them emerges as a strong frontrunner with consistent play between now and then.

The fact that the goaltending spots are so wide open should hopefully create some competition and one or two of them will step up their game. Olympic roster spots are a motivating factor for many players. Its a far cry from the previous generation when at least 2 of the 3 goaltending spots were spoken for years in advance (Brodeur, Luongo, Price)

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I think honestly Canada just needs to wait it out and see who is playing well at the time. Give the benefit of the doubt to guys like Binnington or Hill who have won Stanley Cups. Try and get one or two of them over to the spring World Championships. Hope at least one of them emerges as a strong frontrunner with consistent play between now and then.

The fact that the goaltending spots are so wide open should hopefully create some competition and one or two of them will step up their game. Olympic roster spots are a motivating factor for many players. Its a far cry from the previous generation when at least 2 of the 3 goaltending spots were spoken for years in advance (Brodeur, Luongo, Price)
Exactly.

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
Interesting take on Bedard...

I have been PREACHING Bedard’s success. He’s been phenomenal this season and for all those that are leaving him off your teams, you should be ashamed of yourselves. What this 18-year is doing on a team that belongs in the AHL is unfathomable. Give bedard a competent PP to work with and he’d be pushing 90 points this season without injury. He didn’t have the luxury of inheriting a team with RNH, Prime Taylor Hall and Eberle or Marner, Nylander, Kadri, and Morgan Reilly or a prime Matt Duchene, Landeskog and Ryan O’Reilly.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I have been PREACHING Bedard’s success. He’s been phenomenal this season and for all those that are leaving him off your teams, you should be ashamed of yourselves. What this 18-year is doing on a team that belongs in the AHL is unfathomable. Give bedard a competent PP to work with and he’d be pushing 90 points this season without injury. He didn’t have the luxury of inheriting a team with RNH, Prime Taylor Hall and Eberle or Marner, Nylander, Kadri, and Morgan Reilly or a prime Matt Duchene, Landeskog and Ryan O’Reilly.
Give him a year or two and he'll be on every Canada's Best On Best team without question.

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
Give him a year or two and he'll be on every Canada's Best On Best team without question.
Hopefully. I don’t expect Bedard to be puttinng up 100 pts. next season. People forget that Patrick Kane inherited a team with Toews, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook and Byf in his ‘08 Calder win. 2 years later and he also has a cup. Bedard has an AHL team surrounding him. Seems like he needs to hit 200 points for Canadians to put him on their rosters.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Hopefully. I don’t expect Bedard to be puttinng up 100 pts. next season. People forget that Patrick Kane inherited a team with Toews, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook and Byf in his ‘08 Calder win. 2 years later and he also has a cup. Bedard has an AHL team surrounding him. Seems like he needs to hit 200 points for Canadians to put him on their rosters.
I disagree. He'll be on the radar early and often.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
If they bring Stone and he gets hurt halfway through the Round Robin, can they add a player from one of the eliminated teams and then have Stone back by game 1 of the Elimination Round?

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
If they bring Stone and he gets hurt halfway through the Round Robin, can they add a player from one of the eliminated teams and then have Stone back by game 1 of the Elimination Round?
^^ I'd prefer someone younger. ^^

After a less than stellar start, Jordan Kyrou is coming on strong.

Teammate Jake Neighbours, at 21, has 25 goals but only 10 assists. That seems off. He will be amazing in a year or two.

Cole Perfetti at 22, averaging 13.5 minutes per game, is 0.5 PPG. Give him a year or 2, plus another 5+ minutes per game, and he'll be something special.

Travis Konecny is having a career year and he just turned 27. He'd look amazing on the 4th line.

**​

My God, a LOT of Canadians are on fire in the 2nd half of the season. :thumbu:

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Sid has 2 points, today. He amazes me.

When the day comes and he is NOT on a Canadian Best On Best, it will be a little sad.

I could see him coaching Canada internationally one day.

@jj cale

I MIGHT be coming to Nova Scotia. Hopefully it will be during a hockey tournament and we can go watch a game at a bar. I'll buy you dinner.

:)

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

When the day comes and he is NOT on a Canadian Best On Best, it will be a little sad.

@jj cale

I MIGHT be coming to Nova Scotia. Hopefully it will be during a hockey tournament and we can go watch a game at a bar. I'll buy you dinner.

:)
That would be great except for one thing, though born and raised there I don't live there anymore, I usually get down once a year though, sometimes twice.

P.S..............I prefer Italian though a good striploin always hits the spot.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
That would be great except for one thing, though born and raised there I don't live there anymore, I usually get down once a year though, sometimes twice.

P.S..............I prefer Italian though a good striploin always hits the spot.
LOL!

You show up and order TWO Surf And Turf. I say, "I don't like lobster". You reply, "No worries, they're BOTH for me". :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jj cale

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

Sid with a 4 point day against Colorado.

MacKinnon with a 3 point day and the win.

I think we're doing just fine. :)

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Sid with a 4 point day against Colorado.

MacKinnon with a 3 point day and the win.

I think we're doing just fine. :)
Crosby is still a damn good player, he sure has done us proud down here, class act all the way.....humble, stays out of trouble, never forgets where he came from, we never thought we would ever have a hockey player from home that would become the best in the world, great Nova Scotian traditional guy. It's sad knowing he is coming down to the end of his career but we are left with all that he did become and did for Canadian hockey which in the end is what it is all about....................it's an heirloom and he 100% treated that with the pride and class it deserves.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Crosby is still a damn good player, he sure has done us proud down here, class act all the way.....humble, stays out of trouble, never forgets where he came from, we never thought we would ever have a hockey player from home that would become the best in the world, great Nova Scotian traditional guy. It's sad knowing he is coming down to the end of his career but we are left with all that he did become and did for Canadian hockey which in the end is what it is all about....................it's an heirloom and he 100% treated that with the pride and class it deserves.
Well said. :thumbu:

Reactions: jj cale

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
I know "50" is just a number, but unless his overall play deteriorates significantly I can't see Hyman excluded from our next best-on-best team. Other than his goal-scoring and net front presence next to McDavid, he adds a forechecking and puck pressure element that would allow him to carve out a role on Team Canada even if his scoring dried-up or the coaching staff wanted to try someone else next to McDavid. Plus, he's a natural winger and can play either wing effectively.

I see Reinhart in the same way, honestly. The goal scoring may or may not be sustainable, but he can add so much to the forward group with his smart 200-foot play that his versatility alone (and being a natural winger) almost makes him a lock in my eyes. He can slot in on any of our 4 lines and contribute in a number of ways.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad