OT: Who will you support for Sochi.

Maria Sharapova

Jun 4, 2010
You don't care for team canada? What kind of a canadian are you? I love my country alot though... maybe just me :sarcasm:
I guess my passion for the Leafs out weighs my passion for a super team assembled every 4 years. I love my country and will cheer for Canada for the Olympics as a whole. But wanting the Leafs players to succeed over players of rival teams/teams I don't support doesn't seem far fetched in my eyes.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm hoping for a Canada USA final.... those are always the best. Either Canada wins, or if they have too win, Phil Kessel pots the OT winner for the USA

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I guess my passion for the Leafs out weighs my passion for a super team assembled every 4 years. I love my country and will cheer for Canada for the Olympics as a whole. But wanting the Leafs players to succeed over players of rival teams/teams I don't support doesn't seem far fetched in my eyes.

It seems kind of ridiculous to me. What have Kessel or JVR done that has helped the Leafs so much? Made the playoffs for the first time in 10 years? They didn't pull a Toews or Malkin or Crosby and put a team on their back and lead the Leafs to a Cup. They lost the series. Maybe if one day these guys lead us to a Cup, this MIGHT be a viable support idea.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
Anyone who is Canadian and cheers for another country is nothing but moss on a 400 year old tree. In short terms. Scum.

:laugh:

They're playing hockey bud, not going to war to protect your rights. Where you were born is just a location. Your parents just happened to **** there. It's not scum to cheer for the roster that you like the most.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Canada all the way baby :yo:

I usually also cheer for Russia and Sweden so I hope they get 2nd and 3rd, a Canada-Russia final would be sweet. With Canada winning of course ;)

Could care less about USA, but I want our leafs to succeed. Not too much though :laugh:

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
:laugh:

They're playing hockey bud, not going to war to protect your rights. Where you were born is just a location. Your parents just happened to **** there. It's not scum to cheer for the roster that you like the most.

No it is not just a location. It is what molds a person to who they are.

Going against them is just plain wrong.

Billy6

Dec 23, 2012
The threads on here get more Pejorative Slured by the day.

Any Canadian Leaf fan that considers cheering for the US just because there will be a few Leaf players on the roster is a moron. Go live in the States if you want to cheer on the Americans.

I cheer for Kessel and JVR while they are wearing the blue and white but not the red white and blue. Go Canada Go.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
No it is not just a location. It is what molds a person to who they are.

Going against them is just plain wrong.

You sure about that? Think real hard about that for a minute, I'll let it come to you instead of actually saying it since it would probably get deleted.

Mar 26, 2010
Canada all the way but if Luongo starts they won't medal. The guy sucks!

Mimico

Good Ol' Mimico Boy
Aug 25, 2013
Tarana, Ontario
I am pure Canadian but I watch KHL hockey every now and then. That being said, I'm hoping Russia and Canada both make it to the finals. Then I hope Canada destroys them :laugh:

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
I try pretty hard not to be biased towards where I was born for most things, but for the purposes of sporting escapism I'll generally support Canada.

leafstilldeath*

Cdn-Flag-for-Web1.jpg

Country FIRST

Club SECOND

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
This is EASY! CANADA~!

The plays get engraved in my brain.

Sakic and Jerome were awesome in 2002.

Towes and Richards fantastic in 2010.

Crosby was not that good. BUT in overtime the way he read the play better than the rest. He was on another level of those elite players. Magnificent!

tamle

Nov 13, 2013
:facepalm: People can cheer whoever the **** they want. You guys are worse than the media :laugh:

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
i like usa and sweden really hope kessel/jvr prove them selves to american fans but will be cheering for canada obviously

BayStreetBullies*

Team Canada

But I hope JVR and Kessel do well, just not against Canada. ;)

Austrian Leaf

Jul 23, 2013
Austria! :D
But we will get crushed. When Austria is out I think I am going to cheer for USA (because of Kessel and JVR) and the team which is playing the most beautiful hockey.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

I feel similarly. The last team Canada I really routed for was 2002 team.

The whole Leafs, Habs, Bruins(the GTA ones), Sens fans etc.. sitting around the camp fire singing Kumbaya for 2 weeks doesn't appeal to me much, Especially with the grief we get during rest of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad