OT: Who will you support for Sochi.

Maria Sharapova

Jun 4, 2010
Will any of you be cheering for team Usa at Sochi? Hear me out before I get slaughtered. The Leafs are a team you support all year every year, while team Canada is once every 4. I'm a die hard Leafs fan so if they take JVR and Kessel while Canada selections include no leafs. I think I will support team Usa as I'd like to see our Leafs do well and don't really care for team Canada.
So final question not sure how to make a poll mod can turn this into one if they want.

Team with the most leafs
Team Canada no matter what
Team Canada but still cheering on Kessel and company
Or other because you're not Canadian

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Team Canada all the way with. Hope Kessel and JVR are USAs leading scorers, except against Canada.

That's pretty much all we got right? I assume Kulemin and Gunnar won't make their squads.

Gold- Canada
Silver- Russia
Bronze- USA

Wanna face Russia in the final.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
For me it's Canada and only Canada. I never cheered for Sweden when Mats played for them. So it's not gonna change because we have a few Americans on the team this time around. If Canada gets bumped that's normally it for me,I read on it but I normally don't care about the other games that are on or who is playing. So in short No.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Only sport where Germany was only my second country, Canada always first since I can remember, that means the world championships with the old 8 team format in the 80s.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Team Canada. Players like Kessel and JVR come and go but my home country where I was born and raised and has given me the opportunity in life to succeed deserves my support whenever I can.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'm Canadian so I hope my Country annihilates all in its path to Gold.

Every other Country is the enemy (in terms of competition) and could care less if Leafs are on opposing Countries.

Much like the Leafs I cheer for the crest on the front and not the name on the back, so they mean nothing internationally either as the same concept applies.

Maria Sharapova

Jun 4, 2010
part 2 hypothetically say Team Canada is built of Habs Sens and Bruins and Team USA has a great surplus of leafs do you still cheer for Canada?

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
Will any of you be cheering for team Usa at Sochi? Hear me out before I get slaughtered. The Leafs are a team you support all year every year, while team Canada is once every 4. I'm a die hard Leafs fan so if they take JVR and Kessel while Canada selections include no leafs. I think I will support team Usa as I'd like to see our Leafs do well and don't really care for team Canada.
So final question not sure how to make a poll mod can turn this into one if they want.

Team with the most leafs
Team Canada no matter what
Team Canada but still cheering on Kessel and company
Or other because you're not Canadian
You don't care for team canada? What kind of a canadian are you? I love my country alot though... maybe just me :sarcasm:

Polo*

Anyone who is Canadian and cheers for another country is nothing but moss on a 400 year old tree. In short terms. Scum.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00