Who will win the Calder Trophy this season?

Calder?

• Caufield

• Zegras

• Robertson

• Knight

• Raymond

• Nedeljkovic

• Seider

• Drysdale

• Byfield

• Byram

• Rossi

• SOMEONE ELSE (please list in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
I know.

Screen-Shot-2022-01-10-at-4.20.43-PM.png

Congrats on showing yourself incapable of independent thought. I say watch him play and you show a chart that can be skewered to look anyway someone wants. But by all means, continue crying that your boy should be second in rookies, unless you have another chart to show why he should be ahead of seider? Never seen people so upset about who should be second place lol.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Congrats on showing yourself incapable of independent thought. I say watch him play and you show a chart that can be skewered to look anyway someone wants. But by all means, continue crying that your boy should be second in rookies, unless you have another chart to show why he should be ahead of seider? Never seen people so upset about who should be second place lol.

So looking at stats goes against having a thought? I've watched Raymond for years as a season ticket holder in Sweden and I know his game. Claiming that he's very good defensively is not exactly the truth. You're more than welcome to provide some sort of evidence of the opposite if you want to, but I'm guessing you won't, since statistics don't matter as long as you have an opinion.

My boy? I got no stakes in this race. I have Seider as favorite and Zegras as second. You keep claiming people to be crying when you're the one who seems so extremely hurt by this discussion that you had to rudely butt in with a false narrative.

Reactions: bsu

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Zegras playing with Larkin would be something considering we weren't even sure fi there would be a spot for Milano and he was already an AHL/NHL foddler before this season... now he has 25 points in 35 games.... Comtois has been switched to his line recently and looked absolutely horrible to start the season without Zegras now he looks like an impact player once again. Z is going to be a lot like Getzlaf and make his line mates a lot more money than they are worth. I'd like to see him with actual NHL talent that can think/play the game at the same speed as him. Larkin and Bertuzzi would be nice.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
So looking at stats goes against having a thought? I've watched Raymond for years as a season ticket holder in Sweden and I know his game. Claiming that he's very good defensively is not exactly the truth. You're more than welcome to provide some sort of evidence of the opposite if you want to, but I'm guessing you won't, since statistics don't matter as long as you have an opinion.

My boy? I got no stakes in this race. I have Seider as favorite and Zegras as second. You keep claiming people to be crying when you're the one who seems so extremely hurt by this discussion that you had to rudely butt in with a false narrative.

Sorry, should I have said good and not very good, if you disagree then there isn't much else to say. Your boy, when you are arguing about second best rookie when anyone who doesn't have a dog in the race could care less about second. The fact you think I "rudely butted in" to a discussion on a message board on the internet is very interesting, almost as much as saying you watched him for years but come up with your chart says something too.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Too bad Matt Boldy was injured to start the season otherwise he might've been in contention.
Ya love Boldys game.... i didnt want a winger in that draft(at 9 at least) ... but Boldy made very intriguing case.

I dont think Minnasota gets enough love for their top picks over last 3 drafts, but prob are close to being in the discussion with the kings/ducks/wings etc

Rossi looks like hes going to be a star
Boldy looks like hes got very high ceiling
Wallstedt imo is a top 5 goalie prospect, great value at 20
Lambos another really good value pick that should payoff

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Zegras playing with Larkin would be something considering we weren't even sure fi there would be a spot for Milano and he was already an AHL/NHL foddler before this season... now he has 25 points in 35 games.... Comtois has been switched to his line recently and looked absolutely horrible to start the season without Zegras now he looks like an impact player once again. Z is going to be a lot like Getzlaf and make his line mates a lot more money than they are worth. I'd like to see him with actual NHL talent that can think/play the game at the same speed as him. Larkin and Bertuzzi would be nice.
We'll take him, how about Zadina and a 2nd? :sarcasm:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Zegras playing with Larkin would be something considering we weren't even sure fi there would be a spot for Milano and he was already an AHL/NHL foddler before this season... now he has 25 points in 35 games...
Look at Larkin's stats the last two seasons compared to this year.

If you want to claim Milano's breakout has to do with Zegras, then you can't at the same time disconnect Larkin's resurgance from the arrival of Raymond. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Going by those charts, Zegras is MUCH better defensively than Lundell.

So, use them if you will. But be aware of the shortcomings of defensive metrics in hockey. Carter Rowney is probably not the best defensive forward in Detroit.. but if you believe the charts, he is.

Also, last season in SHL Raymond wasn't very special offensively, but he was definitely solid defensively. His defensive game was the only reason I thought he had a chance to make the NHL, it's the emergence of the offense that has been the surprise.

Last edited:
Reactions: lucaseider

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
At the halfway point of the season, Sieder should win it.
All three of Raymond, Zegras, and Lundell deserve to be nominated, but there's no clear order for 2 through 4.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017

I'm not sure Larkin would work well with Zegras given that they're both centers and the the driving forces of their lines. In terms of style I would say Raymond is the Milano of that line. Also in terms of impact, both of Larkin and Bertuzzi are having the best years of their careers, seems obvious why they got that offensive boost.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
This should be Seider running away with it IMO. Everything he's doing he's doing with a god who should be out of the league in DDK. He rarely has off nights and does most of the heavy lifting on both special teams and in defensive zone starts. It's an absolute joke that DDK is even playing still - he literally cannot do anything on offense.

He might not be the gaudy goal scorer that Makar is but he sure is racking up the points and is a phenomenal possession player. The Red Wings just suck at doing anything with the puck in general so barely anything comes from his blueline stands but once it does I'm sure his point totals will only increase.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Lundell will also probably get a few selke-votes, because he has been better than Barkov at defense in Florida.
It's pretty strange that Barkov got nominated for Selke and is playing 20+ minutes per game in the playoffs while Lundell is benched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad