Speculation: Who will not be back on the roster for 2018/19

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Perrault has not provided the secondary scoring we needed so not worried about losing "depth" Lowry has an injury and has still been good if not the dominant player we saw all season. Copp and Tanev are cheap and if Armia isn't I wouldn't be opposed to saying goodbye.

I'm starting to run out of patience with Armia. Not sure he'll ever play to his potential.

Reactions: Robinson2187

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
I'm starting to run out of patience with Armia. Not sure he'll ever play to his potential.

Then trade him to Vegas and watch him become an Erik Haula v2.0.

Haula was a great PK guy who showed glimpses of magical offensive skills but the Wild ran out of patience and didn't give him top 6 TOI at any point. Then they purposefully lost him in the XD. This year he had 29+26 = 55pts in 76 games.

I'm not saying that Armia should be gifted a top 6 spot, but my point is that he plays a too important role and has significant upside given how much $ he can get.

Armia at 3yr x 3.5M? Hell no.
Armia at 2yr x 2M? Hell yes.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
We may need to trade Perreault or Little due to cap space restraints. Roslovic is a Centre, who has been playing the role of winger. Once he improves his defensive play, the Jets will use him as a 2nd or 3rd line Centre. Hutch wants out, and I have no trust in Comrie as a backup, so I would keep Mason for his final year, as there is a good chance he bounces back to form, and prevents Helle from burning out. This could give Berdin a chance to work his way into the Jets system. So in terms of depth, we have:

1) Connor (RFA 2019) / Scheifele / Wheeler (UFA 2019)
2) Ehlers / Stastny* (UFA 2018) / Laine (RFA 2019)
3) Perreault / Little / Tanev (RFA 2018)
4) Copp (RFA 2019) / Lowry (RFA 2018) / Armia (RFA 2018)

Others:

Roslovic (C)
Dano (C/LW)
Matthias (LW)
Petan (LW)
Hendricks (C)

Defense:

1) Morrissey (RFA 2018) / Trouba (RFA 2018)
2) Enstrom* (UFA 2018) / Byfuglien
3) Kulikov (UFA 2020) / Myers* (UFA 2019)
extra: CHiarot (UFA 2019)

Others:

Chiarot (LHD)
Poolman (RHD)
Niku (LHD)
Morrow (LHD)

Goalies:

1) Hellebuyck (RFA 2018)
2) Mason* (UFA 2019)
3) Hutchinson (UFA 2018)
4) Comrie (RFA 2018)

Chevy obviously has his work cut out for him He will need to give big raises to or resign:

Lowry
Armia
Tanev
Morrissey
Trouba
Hellebuyck

Jets likely to be gone through trades/buyout/unsigned/etc:

Matthias
Hendricks
Dano (likely will be in Europe next year)
Perreault (if Vesalainen comes over from Europe)
Stastny (if the Jets cannot trade Little)
Myers (no cap room)
Enstrom (will almost certainly not be signed and return to Sweden, likely replaced by Niku)
Kulikov* (could be bought out or placed on the LTIR if back injury is career threatening)
Hutchinson (unhappy with role in Jets organization)

My prediction for 2018-19:

Connor - Scheifele -Wheeler
Ehlers - Little - Laine
Vesalainen - Roslovic - Armia
Copp - Lowry - Tanev
-----------------------------
Morrissey - Trouba
Niku - Byfuglien
Chiarot- Poolman
extra: ?

Goalies:

1) Hellebuyck
2) Mason
3) Comrie

Last edited:
Reactions: RRenegade

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Armia's point production was second highest in the league of players who played in less than 13 minutes. Elite forecheck and puck retrieval skills + offensive potential.

Other teams would scream to have bottom6 player like Armia.

Yeah, lets replace him with some AHLer. I'm running out of patience with him too. :popcorn:

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
If jets dont pick up 2nd line C

Maybe Jets can roll with

Ehlers Schiefele Laine
Connor Little Wheeler
Perrault Roslovic Armia/Petan
Copp lowry Tanev/Armia

Myers is ok at 3rd pairing D with Kulikov.

Morrissey Trouba
Niku Byfuglien
Kulikov Myers
Chairot Poolman

Reactions: Rene Saari

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
That's close to 30m for 6 D men next year...see ya Myers.
If jets dont pick up 2nd line C

Maybe Jets can roll with

Ehlers Schiefele Laine
Connor Little Wheeler
Perrault Roslovic Armia/Petan
Copp lowry Tanev/Armia

Myers is ok at 3rd pairing D with Kulikov.

Morrissey Trouba
Niku Byfuglien
Kulikov Myers
Chairot Poolman

Reactions: Tommigun

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Chevy is gonna be a busy , busy guy over the next 2 years . I don't know why people are saying trade Little , he has a no movement clause for the next few years .

Reactions: Guyantics

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I'd love to see Connor and Roslovic on the same line. Never saw them on the Moose together, but I did see highlights. They were together for a few shifts in a game in March and I was really impressed. If Roslovic can take his game up to the next level, I would love to see a Connor-Roslovic-Laine line.

FWIW, I don't see Petan staying. It will be interesting how Mason Appleton performs at training camp. He could either bump someone down, or fill in, when a player gets injured. I have no doubt Niku will make the Jets lineup.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
A Ehlers , Roslovic and Connor line would be interesting just for all the speed that line would have . Laine , Scheif and Wheeler would also be interesting to see .

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
Need a second line center. Trade little Perrault Myers and mason.
Need to put Ehlers at centre waiting his skating ability on the wing. Veselainen,Ehlers and Laine would score goals jets need a second line that can score goals.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
A Ehlers , Roslovic and Connor line would be interesting just for all the speed that line would have . Laine , Scheif and Wheeler would also be interesting to see .
This line will look great some day but it won't be any time soon.
I think Little's contract is a 14 teams list he can't be traded to.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Chevy is gonna be a busy , busy guy over the next 2 years . I don't know why people are saying trade Little , he has a no movement clause for the next few years .

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but can he trade Little prior to his new contract kicking in, before July1st?

The Russian Rocket

Nov 18, 2017
I don't know in what fantasy land Roslovic would be ready to be full time 2nd line center next season in NHL. He barely made the line up this year! Don't get me wrong, Roslovic is a great talent and I believe he will develope to be an awesome player.

Putting Laine with Roslovic and Connor on the same line? The only logic in that would be just to put the youngest guys in the team to the same line, a disaster just waiting to happen. Who would drive the play? Roslo, he is not ready for that yet. Connor is nowhere near that. Laine as the youngest is probably the closest to being a complete player, but he is a goal scorer winger. I can already guarantee that line wouldn't work one bit. And to be honest, I would be really surprised if Laine is not given the chance to play with Scheifele next season; he has earned that and not another painful season centered by Little.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Roslovic-Stastny-Ehlers
Armia-Little-Vesalainen
Tanev-Lowry-Copp
Lemieux/Petan

Morrissey-Trouba
Niku-Byfugluen
Kulikov-Morrow
Chiarot/Poolman

Hellebuyck
FA Signing

Gone: Perreault, Enstrom, Myers, Mason

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Wow, people's opinions are all over the place in this thread....yikes. Some very "interesting" opinions in this thread. When I have more time I'll add my own crazy ideas to the rest of them here. Haha

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but can he trade Little prior to his new contract kicking in, before July1st?

Actually they cannot trade Bryan Little before July 1st. When they resigned him last year they gave him a no movement clause for the last year year of his current contract, which is this year, and the first two years of his new contract. It becomes a modified no trade clause in the third year of his new contract which means the Jets cannot trade him, without him waiving his no movement clause, for the next two years.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Sell high on Myers. He had a decent season and was durable.

Sell low on Perreault, the opposite but we need the cap space down the middle and have a glut of good bottom 6 wingers.

If Enstrom wants to come back for 1 year, 1 mil and be our insurance against the younger D struggling I’d be fine with that, otherwise time to move on.

This is probably the best off-season to move Trouba if he doesn’t commit long-term.

Would be great to dump Mason too but who would trade for a goalie that can’t play two games in a row without getting hurt?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

All I could find in the CBA is:

An "extension" of an SPC shall mean a new SPC entered into between a Club and a Player, which SPC is to be effective immediately upon the expiration of the Club and Player's existing SPC.

So Little should still be operating under his current contract until the date that it is said to end.. July 1 if that's the case. According to CapFriendly.....His current contract does have a 14 team no trade list.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Out:

Matthias
Dano
Enstrom
Hendricks
Stastny

Potential line-up (with no outside adds):

Ehlers-Shiefele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Perreault-Roslovic-Armia

Morrissey-Trouba
Morrow-Buff
Kulikov-Myers

Hellebuck
Mason

Extras:
Petan
Chairot
Poolman

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I don’t think they sign Stastny and actually hope they don’t. Enstrom,Matthias,Dano,Hutch will also be gone.Myers or Perreault May be moved if we can sign a FA LD.

Connor/Scheif/Laine
Ehlers/Little/Wheeler
Perreault/Roslovic/Armia
Copp/Lowry/Tanev
Petan(extra forward)

Vesalainen,Lemieux,Appleton

Morrissey,Trouba
De Haan ,Buff
Kulikov,Myers

Morrow,Niku,Poolman

Adding deHaan we would probably have to move Perreault or Myers.I think Kulikov’s health will be a factor as well.
If Roslovic isn’t quite ready for C you add a centre and move Roslo to RW,But I think they will give him a shot next year.

Last edited:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
How much do people think Stastny is gonna want on his next contract ? I don't see how we will be able to afford him with Connor , Laine , Helly , Wheeler , Trouba and even Roslovic all needing contracts in the next 2 years . :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad